• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YesI am still around not round!!!

elisebutt

DIS Veteran
Hi guys, sorry I haven't poked my head around the door lately - been tied up with college assignments.
Good news is I am still a size 8/10.(US)
Bad news is I have let the atkins way slip a little.
I think tho', cos I'm eating sensibly - i.e no chocolate binges, I should be ok. I only eat one portion of each of the deadly substances a week - bread, potatoes, pasta and rice. I don't drink anything with sugar in and avoid overly processed stuff apart from the weekly MacD's with the kids - Big Tasty without the bun - lol.
I am toning up nicely - even the bye-bye bit on my arms is wobbling less now - I thought that would never reduce!!! And the really gross tummy flab is shrinking down as well - can no longer hold a pencil in the yucky leftover skin.
My favourite thing in my life is now clothes shopping esp. when I can walk right on past the larger ladies shops without even wanting to look in.(In fact I get this almost irresistable urge to run in and shout - "I don't need you!!!")

Anyone who's flagging or thinking about giving up - DON'T!!!
You will feel so good when you get to goal, or even halfway there.

I have been visiting a hypno-therapist for giving up smoking and I now have a date - 27th November!!! In fact every time I light one up now I get a flash of a blackboard with a 27 circled on it right on the inside of my forehead - good suggestion implanted there!!

I think this Xmas will be my best ever - Lost soooo much weight, lost a useless husband(what a pity - not), started a degree course, and it will be my first non-smoking Xmas in 25 years!!!

Next year my goal is to learn to drive and get a car - I will conquer my fear of the driving seat!!

I will try and pop back in more regularly.
220DSCF0003.JPG

Great to see you post - I was wondering where you were!

Your progress is astounding! I just looked through all your pictures and the change is amazing. You are lookin' GOOD!!

Best of luck with college and with learning to drive!

You look great. I'm so glad to hear the toning is going nicely for you too! I'm still waiting>LOL I'm only my last few lonely pounds. But it's so incouraging knowing your doing so great. What a year you've had i'm so proud for you. You know we lost weight together how would you like to stop smoking together? I really want to stop before the holidays too and it's gonna be so hard but i'm really siking myself up to stop would you like to do smoke free days? Let me know i'm serouis i would do it. I am so ready to stop smelling smoking and freezing outside (no smoking in the house, the car ect...). I have'nt seen you sign up for the wish exchange did you miss that thread? I'm getting ready to match everyone up so let me know if you want in on it. Hope to see you soon.

What an amazing transformation and in the right direction! Thanks for posting your link. It is inspirational to hear from you. Keep checking back to let us know that you are continuing to do well.

Elise, you really are an inspiration to me...You have done wonderful on your plan and I appreciate all those pictures you have posted of yourself...it really motivated me into doing the same!! Thanks for being so wonderful! :)

That's terrific! Remember, it a journey not a destination.

Keep in touch.

L

Whoa, Mama! Great to hear from you and what a great picture! Atkins ought to snap you up to do ads for them :tongue:

All the best to you!

What a great photo! You are a true WISH success. Don't forget to visit occasionally, we miss you Elise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter