• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yes, it's another ketosis question...

tinaw

<font color=CC33CC>If you hear a funny little "cho
Am I doing something wrong or does my body just love all this fat??? I have been doing Atkins since 7/7. I have stayed on Induction the WHOLE time. Never a cheat, no soft drinks, no caffeine etc. The worst I have done is a have an Atkins or similar brand bar during that TOM.
The weight is coming off S L O W L Y.
Two days ago I finally bought the Ketosis sticks I have heard about. It is my understanding that the best time to check is late afternoon or early evening. I can barely see a color change no matter what time I check (I've tried every time of the day by now!) It pretty much stays that beige color with maybe a touch of pink.
I know Atkins says if your losing weight not to worry about the sticks. But I want to know why they aren't working for me. Does my metabolizm just suck?

Has anyone else had these results?

Is there some way to kick myself into gear?

I do have a very slow Throid but I have been on medication to correct it for years. I had it checked last about 5 months ago. Does anyone know if I Atkins might be affecting it? Should I have it rechecked?

If you have any color change at all it is proof that you are in ketosis. Showing dark purple does <i>not</i> mean that you are burning more fat than when you measure light pink. Honest.

<b>HERE IS SOME INFO FOR YOU ABOUT KETOSIS</b>

So the really, really important question is: Have you measured yourself yet? If you haven't measured yet please do that now. I often lose inches when I don't lose pounds. To be truthful, I'd rather lose inches because my goal is to get smaller not lighter. I don't care how much I weigh but I care <b>a lot</b> about what size I wear. How about you?

Measure yourself. It's the most significant indicator of success.

Nativetxn, I feel my lecture coming...this is the 2nd time you've busted me on the measuring issue:rolleyes:
I have noticed the inches beginning to disappear ***Just where do they go if you're not losing weight?****I am just losing so slowly it's beginning to unnerve me. I hear so many wonderful stories about weight just falling off people on this diet. I want to be one! I am so jealous.:D
So if the darker colors don't mean extra fat loss, what does it mean? Anything?

Fat takes up more space than muscle and weighs less.
You are converting all that fat into muscle and at the same time your weight will go up a little. You should feel good that your clothing is fitting you better. Watch yourself though, don't want to see another "Arrnoooolllddd" Peggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter