Yes! I Really Do Want to Spend a Day at Disney By Myself! - A 24 Hour TR * NOW COMPLETE!*

Solo Splashy
4 rides down and it wasn't even 9:20 yet! :thumbsup2 As mentioned before, being by myself meant that I could cruise in and out of places quite speedily. It also meant that I could go to the bathroom WHENEVER I wanted without an eye roll from John Wayne (the poor man has had to stop countless times on road trips for me)! :rolleyes: You see, I'm pretty sure my bladder is the same size of Tinker Bell's.
I know, total TMI, I apologize.
giphy.gif

But anyway, for said bathroom break I wanted to go to the Tangled bathrooms- even if it wasn't the closest one. I mean I was dressed like Punzie and everything! So after marveling at the beautiful Rapunzel bathroom area (and may I be another voice added to the "Tangled needs more than a bathroom movement" ::yes::), I walked over to Splash Mountain! Woohoo!

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG
I kept walking up the line and was realizing there weren't a lot of people around me. Then I boarded and saw that I got the whole log to myself! :flower: Not only that, but I realized I was seriously the ONLY RIDER! Like the log in front of me was completely empty, and the log behind me was completely empty! :lmao:

My "I am really all alone on this ride face"

IMG_0344.JPG

I sent this pic to my 4 sisters-in-law and MIL and they could not get over it! I mean, if there was anything that could drive home the fact that I was spending a day at Disney alone, it was this picture! :woohoo:
IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG
Immediately after the big drop, I got a phone call from DS #1. He was all ready for school, waiting for Cowboy Wayne to take him and wanted to see what I was doing. I decided to Face Time to SHOW him what I was doing. He was jealous/impressed ;)

IMG_0347.JPG
Yup! This is a ride to LOVE!
IMG_0348.JPG
After Splash, I actually used a FP+ for Mine Train (so yeah that would be my 4th time of the day :laughing:). Then I perused a few shops and bought a Christmas ornament. I'm excited to put this baby up this year! :thumbsup2
ornament.jpg
I looked at the time and realized I could use my next FP. So I headed over to Princess Fairytale Hall to meet and greet with a couple of gals!princess:princess:

Last edited:
Pictures With my Bestie

I made my way over to Fairytale Hall and was quickly ushered in to see my girl Cindy!

I can't remember what was said here, but it genuinely looks like I'm scolding her (in a happy and sweet way!). She doesn't look that happy with me! :rotfl2:
4E9643F5-C18C-40E4-B005-739E68C6105D_L0_001.jpg
Things must have been patched up quickly, because thankfully she agreed to do a video, wishing my DD a happy birthday. Little Miss's birthday wasn't until March, but I had a plan to get a princess to wish her a happy birthday on my phone. Then the morning of her birthday, I would play it on the TV.
5988D695-D9A0-4CCD-AF93-787A37A87458_L0_001.jpg
Cinderella did a great job! And Little Miss was super excited by the video on her birthday!
Thanks Cindy!
FF59B9E0-8BE6-4FD2-9F75-C5C399A01418_L0_001.jpg
Next up was my DB inspiration: Rapunzel!!
255315C4-D9D5-424A-B86B-95CCAAC75D24_L0_001.jpg
She was super sweet (of course!), and liked my (low key) twinsie outfit. :thumbsup2 I tried to get her advice on how to keep a braid in my hair even though there were lots of layers, and she told me that her secret weapon for braiding was Pascal. I guess I need to find MYSELF a Pascal then!
giphy.gif

058FDAF9-5CD0-47DB-B261-40DA83ED11A0_L0_001.jpg
Just a couple of BFFs! ;)
68EA1318-EC19-49F6-82CA-5AD00454F24E_L0_001.jpg
At this point in the day, I didn't have much of plan (not sure that I ever did really!), but I was having a lot of fun just wandering around. I stopped and watched a bit of Dream Along with Mickey which was fun. I was very happy to cheer on Aurora and Phillip. In just 3 short days I was going to dress like Sleeping Beauty for the Princess Half Marathon!!
E886C56B-7120-4012-9AED-BAA577DF28B7_L0_001.jpg
Then because I COULD, I decided to ride Splash Mountain again. Remember this morning was my first Splash ride since 1999! I had a lot of years to make up for :laughing:
BC6FD65F-56BB-42F5-8D3F-9819836DE9E6_L0_001.jpg
Well, I can't say I got the whole ride to myself this time, but it was still a lot of fun! ALL of the logs had riders in them! :rotfl:
375D916A-75E2-43A1-B973-B406098299CA_L0_001.jpg
The sun was shining soooooo nicely- it was really warming up! I decided to change into my sandals and try out the Hub grass! :beach:
It was wonderful!! That really is such a great addition to Magic Kingdom! ::yes::
783480EF-08AA-43A3-AC26-7012654C4EBC_L0_001 2.jpg
I caught up on some texts, posted some stuff to Instagram and just relaxed until I could used my third FP of the day: Haunted Mansion! :hyper:

Beauty and Majesty Shining Magically!
I looooove Haunted Mansion! I'm actually not a huge "Halloween person" per say, but that ride is just so dang fun. I play "Grim Grinning Ghost" at least once a week on the morning drive to my kids' school! ::yes:: There is just something about the voices and the swinging 1960s music! :dance3:It is such a great ride.
giphy.gif

After HM it was time to meet some Pirates! Now, this is one ride that didn't quite live up to my memory when I rode it 2014. I remember being more blown away at Disneyland growing up. Of course that could be the magic of childhood, but I am anxious to see the differences between Disneyland and Disney World when we go next fall (15 more months :mad:)
CF2AAA1A-C687-473F-ABEC-D317173A2036_L0_001 2.jpg
I had been snacking on the BOG breakfast pastries throughout the morning, but by 1:30 I was ready for lunch (and my Diet Coke!). I really enjoyed the French Onion soup, and the salad was delicious!
D3F0FD5E-4390-4B5F-BC5E-6255644A3417_L0_001.jpg
I enjoyed eating in the Rose Gallery too- a pretty and calm atmosphere!
234B3083-F048-446D-AC75-6033F2CB51BE_L0_001 2.jpg 17AC4E94-1E80-4818-9798-ED703EEB8D50_L0_001 2.jpg
After lunch, I decided to get a 4th FP, so I waited in a 15 minute line and got a Jungle Cruise FP for 6:15-7:15. Then it was time to find a spot for the Festival of Fantasy Parade! :banana:
I was super excited for this parade. John Wayne isn't a big parade person, so as I was making our plans for the next week, he and the kids said they would prefer to just do rides during the parade. I was OK with this ONLY because I got this solo day and knew I could enjoy it on my own! So I did! I found a spot in Liberty Square at around 2:45 and just enjoyed some people watching and reading until it started.
4CF18B36-CDFA-48BF-B95B-0F29ECE6EE1C_L0_001.jpg E41C3A54-FA4B-478E-8319-6E92BF26112C_L0_001.jpg
I love the way the fairies glide during the Parade :love:

And the Dragon! So cool!!
BC93AA94-195F-4971-A4DF-4467BDA92A33_L0_001.jpg
So this shot was actually taken the next Thursday when, spoiler alert, the family and I watched the parade! :cool1: At one point after DH and the kids got to Orlando, a CM mentioned to John Wayne how cool FOF was. He turned to me and asked if we were going to watch it during our trip?
giphy.gif

Whatever, I was just happy to see it with them. (They ALL loved it btw!)

During the parade I was slowly realizing that my face was being fried by that wonderful sun! :scared1::sunny:

So I decided to buy myself a Disney hat! :teeth:
FB8497F7-2FA6-4DE2-91FC-F0AEA0B7FD02_L0_001.jpg

And then I found myself mining for the 5th time that day. This time it was at a mountain, a Big Thunder Mountain! ;) The line took about 30 minutes which was definitely my longest line that day!
3E56AF44-42B6-4967-8D6C-6A00035B2C34_L0_001.jpg 2D9DE4CA-B3BB-4FC5-B468-131969FF305B_L0_001.jpg
I was starting to think I needed to give myself a snack break after that crazy train ride! And there was only one snack that would do . . .
giphy.gif

Last edited:
What a fun report! A day alone at Disney is a mom's dream come true. Love that you seriously had SM all to yourself. That is awesome. Also, SDMT 4 times in one day?? Perfection.

What a great TR so far! I love my solo trips....
Disney Bounding - have not quite got the hang of that one, but I do love your flower braid!
Can't wait for the next installment!

What a fun report! A day alone at Disney is a mom's dream come true. Love that you seriously had SM all to yourself. That is awesome. Also, SDMT 4 times in one day?? Perfection.
It really was so great! And the fact that I got to the rides I was most looking forward to so many times was icing on the cake!

Love your photo with Rapunzel :)
Thanks! :daisy: She was so sweet!!

What a great TR so far! I love my solo trips....
Disney Bounding - have not quite got the hang of that one, but I do love your flower braid!
Can't wait for the next installment!
Thanks so much! I'm starting to think that every Disney fan needs at least ONE day solo. I'm definitely already looking forward to another one! :cool1:

Saying Goodbye to my Solo Day

I ambled over to Aloha Isle to get a treat that had been on my mind for two years . . . a Dole Whip cup!
9608AF6F-D592-496E-8FB2-5927E9B31740_L0_001.jpg
Yum yum! I found a great place to sit down, enjoy the ice cream, and people watch! :cloud9:
3F68FB1A-32F0-48D2-ACC2-01A96D017F3C_L0_001.jpg
It really was heavenly. I also decided to check in with Amanda again. She was currently stuck in traffic, but her ETA was looking like 7:00pm. I was SUPER excited to see her and begin our fun Princess Half/Harry Potter weekend, BUT I was starting to get sad at the thought of my solo day winding down.
giphy.gif

All good things must come to an end, I suppose!

However I still had a couple of hours left, and I was determined to squeeze out every last bit of solo joy that I could! ::yes::

First up was a stop at Tomorrowland!

I was quite surprised to see a frozen little friend on my way over!

65EC7FB9-6AE8-41C6-80E6-95C6D638B980_L0_001 2.jpg
A3BA23DC-042E-4B31-91DF-D0650F269C8F_L0_001.jpg
A must do on my list is always a ride on PeopleMover!!
IMG_0507.JPG EEF4440D-C0F3-4BA4-8C73-32F826940FC8_L0_001.jpg
After PeopleMover, I checked out Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, which is one of my favorites! In 2014, FIL got picked to be "that guy," which the kids just thought was hilarious (and they continue to take about it to this day)! And during our family trip this time, DS #2 (who is 7) got picked to do a knock knock joke during the show! Not to mention Monsters Inc. and Monsters University (yes, I think I am one of the few who proudly adore the prequel) are some of my favorite movies! Anyway, this show will always have a special place in my heart.

It was then time to ride my last ride of the day. I used my FP for Jungle Cruise, and had a ton of fun! It was getting a little chilly with sun going down, but the cheesy laughter of Jungle Cruise always helps to warm me up!
:lmao:
07196FCA-5D95-4031-87EA-AA6C66A206EC_L0_001.jpg
And just as quickly as it began, my solo adventure was coming to a close. :sad:
I got on a bus for Pop, gathered my suitcases, and relaxed into a booth in the food court while I waited for Amanda to arrive.

My feet were pretty tired. But Disney tired is the best kind of tired! ;)

JPEG image-5DAA5AC16D29-1.jpeg
I enjoyed looking at my little purchases and had a yummy hummus snack (I knew that Amanda and I would get some dinner together, so I didn't want to eat too much).
59E77A1F-7D2E-4399-8B13-BD2F3EBF045F_L0_001.jpg
134C83D9-3395-47CE-8040-DAB89548F3D0_L0_001 2.jpg
The rest of my vacation was great. Amanda and I had a truly magical day at Harry Potter (we are both total HP nerds). I had a great time running the Princess Half. The fam and I made so many wonderful memories during our 6 DW days and 2 Universal days, but honestly I don't think I can ever top my first solo experience at Disney World. There was just something truly special in getting to experience my favorite place in the world, at my pace, and doing the things that mean the most to me. For those of you that haven't had a chance to experience this, I hope you do soon! You will not regret it! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Very enjoyable - thanks for sharing!! Love your Punzel look - adorable! I have had the pleasure of spending two days in Disney solo (my 2 sisters joined later in the week) and it was wonderful!!! You summed it up perfectly in your final paragraph - :goodvibes

146 active minutes!!!. I suffer from "Disney Mania" so I can't wait to see what Fitbit does to me. That's totally a perfect day! Thanks for a fun report.

Thanks!

Very enjoyable - thanks for sharing!! Love your Punzel look - adorable! I have had the pleasure of spending two days in Disney solo (my 2 sisters joined later in the week) and it was wonderful!!! You summed it up perfectly in your final paragraph - :goodvibes
Oh wow, so you really know how glorious solo at Disney is! So glad you got two days of it! :)

146 active minutes!!!. I suffer from "Disney Mania" so I can't wait to see what Fitbit does to me. That's totally a perfect day! Thanks for a fun report.
haha yeah I would alternate between power walking from place to place or totally relax. It was awesome to just go as I wanted!

Disneyland's Pirates is so much cooler than Disney World's. After riding the DL version, WDW's is just kind of ... meh. It's still cool but doesn't have the same "whoooooa" feeling.
I am REALLY looking forward to riding Pirates at Disneyland. I have a feeling my childhood memory of it will be rekindled!

Great report! I love my fit bit results after a Disney day as well :daisy: Love your character photos and that Cindy made a video for your daughter! How sweet is that!
Thank you! Yeah my seven day totals on fitbit are sooo great after Disney trips! ;)
And thank you! Cinderella really was so sweet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter