Yes, August 2014 was hot, it was sticky, but we loved it and we are returning.

TNS_Tinkerbell

Mouseketeer
So I finally have some free time and I have uploaded my photos to Photobucket.

I have wanted to blog about our awesome trip for some time now and just haven't had a chance until now.

So bare with me, as we look back on our first trip to Walt Disney World August 2014.

954271f6-e08d-4947-b997-cc04d7810512_zps69d21a78.jpg

So as you may remember from my pre-trip report, this was our families very first trip to Walt Disney World.

We were going in August, based on cost, and we were taking our daughter with us too.

August 20-Sept. 1st 2014, it was hot, sticky and awesome.

So to recap who was in our gang?

DW 39 (also known as Scully127)

A late bloomer to the whole world of Disney.

She loves Piglet, Pooh, Stitch and Mater, her favorite ride is any of the mountains.

52e7aa92-2bf3-4a1b-a64a-ef02ecea0ed7_zps92b322a1.jpg

DD 8

Loves anything Disney. Particularly Frozen, duh who isn't at this age. Rapunzel Little Mermaid, .... scratch that, I think everyone is her favorite, unless its that talking Mickey, but that's another story.

64cc6e01-1fc5-48c1-a1d7-eaa1b947e18c_zps0b1d877c.jpg

DD has DCD and is a little sensitive to loud noises and bangs, how did she do on this hot and crazy trip?

Keep reading to find out?

And then there is me.

I'm Tee, 32 and I love all Disney, I can't think of any particular character that I love more or less. I am drawn to Tinkerbell, and Ariel, but love them all.

I love the magic.

d23ea6df-6c4c-4412-8b25-3e184c74c10f_zps74b38274.jpg

Note my shirt, in this picture, there is a funny story of how I lose it in Animal Kingdom.

So now the story is set and the adventure can begin!

Joining in. Absolutely loved your trip video. You captured everything and look like you had the greatest time :)

Day 0 -- The surprise travel day!

Today was a special day, DW had to work 1/2 a day.

The night before we packed the car up, and secertly were ready to go.

DD didn't know the secret plans to leave a day early, or the fact we would be sleeping over in Seattle!

I however, took DD to the spa for a mani-pedi, using a gc from my bday.

We had a great time, at around 11am, we left the mall, and drove.

We stopped for some gelato at a cool place, that has 300 flavors, and was on Martha Stewart's show.

When around 12pm, my DW left work, and joined us down the street to tell DD about the surprise.

Well we told her, and she freaked!

We headed off in the car to boarder, hit a headache of a line up for the Peace Arch, mid-day, almost 2 hours wait!!!

We found an American Girl Store and then made our way to a Holiday Inn for the night.

I have photos somewhere for this day, and will add them in, once I find them!

I stopped at La Brea Bakery, DW and I shared a chicken ceasar salad, and chicken club sandwhich, it was okay. I have to say, I had been wanting to try La Brea since I ready about it in AAshely's posts.

Joining in :wave2: We were there the same time as you (but not for as long), Aug. 25th-Sept. 2nd. I definitely agree is was hot and sticky, but we're actually considering a return August trip this year anyway:cheer2:

we were there the same time as you! It was quite warm (have quite a few pictures of sweaty kids) - though I believe it was even warmer a week or so before we were there

Great job with the video! I did one for our trip but it was only about 12 minutes long so I can't imagine how long yours took!

heheheeheheh i like this pics and info

:)

Joining in :wave2: We were there the same time as you (but not for as long), Aug. 25th-Sept. 2nd. I definitely agree is was hot and sticky, but we're actually considering a return August trip this year anyway:cheer2:

I know, it's funny it's cold now, and we want to return and we were like it wasn't THAT hot , or too bad. They are working on me to go back.

I am in! I cannot wait to hear about your trip. :)

Thanks!

we were there the same time as you! It was quite warm (have quite a few pictures of sweaty kids) - though I believe it was even warmer a week or so before we were there

Great job with the video! I did one for our trip but it was only about 12 minutes long so I can't imagine how long yours took!

I did it in about a week. The worst part was the rendering to save, it crashed twice.

Looking forward to hearing about it! :goodvibes

Thank you for joining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter