Yellowstone CLOSED, All Gates - Flooding, Mudslides

My boss just got back Friday. He didn't know anything about the problems today.

j

This is no bueno. I'm watching this super close. Heading out there in 2 weeks. I'm looking for alternative boondocking spots in and around Grand Teton to fill in the 4 days we were supposed to be in the park.

I can't control nature, but a hurricane encroaching our FW trip last year and this makes me feel a little Charlie Brown-like. Don't make plans for Mackinac for 2023. It's our plan and based on our track record of selecting destinations, it might sink.

Funny how things work out. Randy and I were supposed to of arrived there this past Saturday and left today starting our journey home. We would of only gotten about two days in the park.

I really hate to hear and see it.

I was reading around today. Sounds like the lower loop is going to open with a reservation system while the upper loop and North and Northeast Entrances are closed for the foreseeable future.

Looking better: National Park Service announces $50 million in emergency funding; expedited plans to reopen 80 percent of Yellowstone

Our campground reopens 22 June. In fact, people have been cancelling so I was able to merge my Yellowstone reservations so I don't have to move sites while we're there and I was also able to get electric hook ups the whole time we're in Grand Teton.

With the alternating license plates system in Yellowstone (alternating days based on odd or even numbers on your plate) and people just outright cancelling in the initial crush of news, the park might actually be pretty empty.

Regardless, we'll be there soon and we're going to have a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter