Yellow access cards

compmom

Mouseketeer
These cards will only be given out after all the fastpasses have been used up for the day.

This usually means that late afternoon towards dinnertime you probably will find the need to start asking for the yellow access passes.

Buzz Lightyear -no problem very easy to get one early evening.

Space mountain-did not try(I am too large to go on this ride)

Splash mountain-looked at me like I was nuts or something, had to show them one from another ride so they could fill it our right.

BTR- no problems early in the evening

Haunted mansion- did not use one- used fast pass and fell getting onto ride.

jungle cruise- went at night and did not need one. Went thru alternate exit and had to wait for 4 boats before we loaded. Truthfully did not ever need fast pass on this one.

Pooh- cm would not give any out even with all criteria being met, she said you had to go to the standby line and there were no exceptions.

They are very strict on the circumstances( the stand by wait has to be longer than 25 minutes) and all the fast passes for that day for that attraction have to be gone. This is not something the CM's are doing on their own- you will have to ask when you get to an attraction.

Besides the yellow access cards and fast passes, there are still some alternate entrances for Small world, Dumbo, Snow white, tea cups that do alleviate the wait time for mobility challenged guests(remember those GAC cards!)

I think I have covered what I can. If you have any more questions, post them and I'll try to answer them.

Safari Steve thanks for the info on these that you posted. It really was helpful.

Tina

Sounds like they still have some work to do on this. Thanks for the info.

:::sigh::: ....sounds like it is more about gatekeeping than assistance.

I am confused about the Winnie the Pooh ride. Was the wait time less than 25 min. and they wanted you to go in standby or were all the fast-passes gone and you could not get a yellow card either? I have had problems with this ride many times if it wasn't one of my DS's favorites I would skip it.

** Teri** Your perspective on this could not be more accurate LOL :)

At Mansion and Jungle we are supposed to give them out regardless of FP availability if the standby queue is longer than 25 minutes. The only exception that I know of is Peter Pan, which has to give them out regardless of FP availability or queue length. Thanks for posting. I'm going to do some research and find out what was going on (consistency is very important).

Thanks, Steve.
And I DO think this is about gatekeeping in some of these rides because it needs to be. Most of the rides where they are doing this are "exit-boarding" rides for wheelchairs. We have been waiting in the exit area of some of the rides in question while there have been so many other wheelchairs that you can barely move. Most of the rides in MK were designed before there was any idea that people would be coming to the parks in wheelchairs and now they are trying to make things work when there isn't room to do it well. Even the new rides (Pooh and Buzz) have to make do with a certain "footprint" of space.
When we first started bringing our DD in her wheelchair to WDW 14 years ago, we seldom saw another child with a wheelchair. We could even go for a whole day sometimes only seeing one or 2 adults with wheelchairs. Now we seldom go for more than an hour without seeing someone. So, it is apparent that there will be access problems.
Hoepfully, it will all get ironed out.

Oh, I agree... the exit- boarding waiting areas are not comfortable, not themed, cramped and often quite busy. Often you are walking in a dark exit, against a flow of people leaving the rides. A protected pre-boarding area would be preferable to that. Something for them to consider in future attractions.

At the land we were the only wheelchair family present.
The fast passes were being given for 10 minutes later and the stand by line was short too. We were told to wait in the area and they would let us in the que in 5 minutes.

We said fine and stood there. The kid kept looking at his watch and at exactly 5 minutes said you may now enter the line. Personally we thought it was pretty silly since the chair can only go on certain boats and no other chairs were waiting to board but we didn't have a long wait so said "whatever"!

Linda

They seemed a tad confused at The Land. There were 2 signs that said wheelchair parties should report to the fastpass return line. Plus there was a picture of a wheelchair at the fastpass return entrance. We went there and told the CM we wanted to ride. He said "Do you have a fastpass?" I said no, and he said we really should get one. I told him the sign said we were SUPPOSED to go to the fastpass return line and also showed him our GAC, which said we could use the fastpass return line. He let us thru, but very reluctantly. There were people in the standby line, but the fastpass return was completely empty. They still made us wait.

If this is the new policy, my respect for Disney just went down 30%. Such restrictive and officious behavior toward disabled guests is hardly what I would expect to be considered acceptable. I sincerely hope that those of you who experienced this will write to Guest Services and complain.

Sorry for the rant, this just rubs me the wrong way.

address:
Walt Disney World Guest Relations
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Brad Rex, VP of Epcot

if that is what I am supposed to do. I do mind being made to feel like I am trying to get away with something. I always ask a CM or do my best to read whatever instructions I can. That is one of the huge differences I found between WDW a DL, was how we felt approaching a ride. My children are getting older and would like to take their brother on some things by themselves which I will not allow because I am afraid of how the CM will treat the situation.

I do however understand that the CM's are doing the best they can and I am grateful for our vacations we spend there. :) Sorry for the rant.

I don't have a scanner, but I have a access card that was not used during my recent trip. If anyone wants me to send it to them so they can scan it and put it on the FAQ's or something , I would love to do it. Just email to justsimz@carolina.rr.com and I will send the card snail mail for you to post on this site and FAQ;'s.

Tina

I have a scanner, but I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to post a copy of the yellow card anywhere. I have seen posts (removed by moderators) where people gave "hints" about making counterfeit parking passes and I have seen threads where people tried to get more fastpasses in the fastpass machine. I'm afraid some of those same people would figure out a way to use the yellow card if we post a copy.

Sue, I understand what you are saying. I was just attempting to "fill in the blanks" as to some relatively new info that affects members of this particular forum.
It's hard to believe that it could be possibly used in the ways you described, but all things are possible with a computer and a good printer.(I guess)

The best advice I can pass on regarding this is to not be afraid of talking to CM's. Just because all the fast passes are gone for the big rides, does not mean that disabled Disney visitors, have to necesarily stand in the extra long wait queues( over the 25 minute waits). The fastpass system is not perfect, but the addition of the yellow access cards for individuals in wheelchairs/ecv's-makes late afternoon or early evening waiting tolerable and doable.

Again I thank SafariSteve for posting about this; because I would not have known how to deal with the huge lines during my recent visit.

Tina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter