Yeay - Only Moderately overweight!!

elisebutt

DIS Veteran
Just input my latest loss - another 1lb since last Thurs and mu blue dot on my fitday graph has slid over into the Moderately Overweight - yahoo - no longer Severely Overweight!!!

Does anyone else ever have a slight feeling of disbelief at their loss - I keep waking up thinking it was all a dream and I'm still a size 24 and not a comfortable 14 (12 in some brands) Or that somehow the scales are lying? I still look down at my tummy and arms and think they are just as big as ever - obviously they're not or I wouldn't get my (non-stretch) jeans done up. Col says that I look thinner every time he sees me but that could just be bloke flattery!!

Congratulations, Elise! :)

Sometimes I think you should take your act on the road. You have such a great sense of humor, I know you could make a fortune as a comedian! :) ("bloke flattery" just struck me as funny!) ;)

You should listen to Col and anyone else who tells you how thin and beautiful you look! If you have anything left in your wardrobe from when you started this journey, TAKE IT OUT AND TRY IT ON! Or go to the store and try on some clothes that are the same size you wore before you started Atkins.

I think the only way to shake that image of the old you is to keep focusing on how the NEW you looks and feels! I know what you mean about being in disbelief. I am not a good shopper and I see things all the time that look adorable, but I think, "not for me", thinking I still have to cover up or I just can't pull a style off. I wish there was a quick and easy way to lose the old way of thinking, but the only way I can think of is to slowly retrain my mind like I retrained my body about eating and exercise.

You look fabulous, Elise. I am really impressed every time you post a new picture of yourself. You are a stunning woman to begin with, and now that you are slimming down you are just so much more stunning! :) I can't put it any better than that without you thinking I'm coming on to you (ha ha!) ;)

My body image is still that I am as heavy as I was 50 pounds ago. People have commented on my loss, and I am in clothes 2 - 3 sizes smaller, so I know it's really gone, but I, too, have the feeling that it will all reappear overnight!

I work with elementary school age kids, and my son pointed out that I have lost as much as one kid weighs!

I am starting to adjust my body image - I am not the largest body around now, somehwere in the middle of the pack. I am surprised every time I realize that!

Congratulations.

God bless you, best wishes, and encouragemet, RaySharpton (insert smiley face here...lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter