Yearly maintenance questions - wash,wax,roof

5stljayhawks

Rock Chawk Jayhawk
Hey fellow RVers 

What do you use to clean the outside of the RV(fiberglass) and how often  Soap brand

How often do you wax, what brand and how is wax applied(by hand, orbital waxer or spray on)

How often do you clean your roof, with what brand and do you apply UV protector if so what brand?

Just want to get an idea of what people are using and liking keeping the theirs rigs clean.

I used to sell class A coaches through Tiffin, and that once a year maintenance is a common misconception. You should wash it with a mild detergent once a month or atleast every few months, waxing it should be done atleast once annually unless it is stored outside then I would do it atleast twice a year, the roof should be cleaned and UV protected every time you wash your coach and should have all seams and gaps spot sealed once or twice a year. Is your coach full body paint, painted glass, or just fiberglass. Does it have a TPO, rubber, vinyl, or fiberglass roof? Those details are how you decipher what to use, how to apply it, and how often. Happy motoring. :cool2:

Our dealer said it should get a full was at least twice a year. Also never use dish soap or soap made to remove grease. After all rubber roofs are made from oil base.

I was recently told to try Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax by a friend that says it works wonders.

I was the roof once a year. I was the bus 3-4 times a year depending on use/time. Wax it once a year. If you have not waxed/polished the RV in a few years, I recommend the Meguires Marine & RV REstoration system. You can get it from Amazon or elsewhere for about 27 bucks.

I have also used RV/Marine Gell coat cleaner wax. Though I think its time for a full restoration treatment this fall.

We only have a popup, so not quite as much to wash and wax, but it still needs to be done. I washed it right before our trip to the Fort with a sample of RV wash that I had.

I waxed it with Collonite wax I had leftover from our boat and just applied by hand, including the roof.

Rejex twice a year! Safe on paint, gel coat, graphics, easy to put on!

We only have a popup, so not quite as much to wash and wax, but it still needs to be done. I washed it right before our trip to the Fort with a sample of RV wash that I had.

I waxed it with Collonite wax I had leftover from our boat and just applied by hand, including the roof.

I don't like to sweat the little trivial stuff like maintenance,,it takes away from my fish'n time.
Besides, nature has it's own way of let'n ya know when maintenance is needed,,water leaks.

i found some amazing products at a RV show http://www.reliableproductsonline.com/

It does an amazing job on the black streaks. The dealer we trader our first camper to used it and it took the black streaks off that i could not get off.

The wash has wax in it. I used it on my vehicles also. i wash before we go somewhere or before i wax.

I use their rejuvenating wax on my aluminum trailer after i have washed with the Reliable in the water with the wash. It is as white as the day we brought it home. I liquid wax in the fall and spray wax in the spring.

The roof gets done in the spring also. Again i use the Reliable products on that also.

The company is family owned and they sell the products at the shows in Syracuse, NY and Hershey, Pa. They are very nice people.

We found Awesome cleaner and a magic eraser work wonders also. Especially on the awning and black streaks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter