Year Off From Disney, Big Mistake

Excellent updates! First off, how did I not know about the coffee floats at Sunshine Terrace?!?!?! That is on my must-try list next month!

Loved the full-family selfie while waiting for the parade. And speaking of the parade, your photos were fabulous. Festival of Fantasy may be the thing I'm most excited to see in May. There are just so many awesome costumes and fantastic details I can't wait to see in person!

You should try the West Wing the next time you're at BOG. It's sooooo much quieter than the ballroom. The ambiance is really cool in there, dark, but very cool.

And I love that you guys couldn't help but slip into Epcot that night. It's so tempting when you stay at Boardwalk and EPCOT IS RIGHT THERE!!! :lmao:

Can't wait to read more!

My parents first found the coffee float on their last trip in November. It was really funny because she kept sending me pictures while they were down there and she sends me a selfie one with the coffee float. She said she wished she could've had one everyday of the trip! That would of course leave her like this: :hyper: lol...

The selfie was spontaneous, and we were very bored waiting for the parade! So we figured, why not take a selfie! (not affiliated with the terrible new "Selfie" song. Don't listen to it if you haven't already.)

A quiet dining experience sounds good, especially at Disney! But I think because we were there so early it was really quiet in the Ballroom anyway, so noise definitely wasn't an issue for us.

That night we were definitely annoyed with ourselves for going back for such an early night that we punished ourselves by staying out WAY later than we should have. Especially since the night before we didn't go to sleep until past 12 because of our flight! But we love EPCOT, so we figured we're in Disney, who needs sleep? (We need sleep, lol) ::yes:: But I think we ended up going to EPCOT almost every night throughout the trip too!

Subbing! I love your parade photos! Looking forward to following along! Your mom was kind enough to share your TR link with me! :)

Subbing! I love your parade photos! Looking forward to following along! Your mom was kind enough to share your TR link with me! :)

She told me that she was sharing my link around! She was the one to push me into writing this :goodvibes I was surprised how good the parade ones came out, especially with where the sun was! I'm really enjoying writing it and probably am going to be sad when it's over! I'll check out your TR too!

Everyday we ate breakfast in the room, we brought cereal and bought bagels.
Today was an EPCOT day, so we walked there. The World Showcase wasn’t open yet so we walked left through the United Kingdom and Canada towards Future World.

D'aww aren't they cute?

SO many flowers to weed.

We had Test Track Fastpasses and we were really early. I’m not exactly sure what the building is called, but it’s the one between Ellen and Mission: Space. There were a lot of pretty flowers in there, because we were there for the Flower and Garden Festival.

Which made me just realize that we never went on Ellen! Anyway! After that we headed back towards Test Track. Rain was on the forecast and they even made an announcement warning everyone that they would close Test Track when it does rain. We were worried that we wouldn't make it onto the ride before it started raining, but we did!

Oh yea, today was matching shirts day... Steer clear of our vacation people!

Emily and I made a car and Dad made one. At first it looked like Dad’s car was going to win, but in the end Emily’s and mine won!

We then went to the Sunshine Seasons and we got two Apple cake things. Emily and I shared one and Mom and Dad shared the other.

Then we went on Living with the Land. After that we waited for our Soarin’ Fastpass. We looked at the fishes for awhile.

We headed towards the World Showcase because we were hungry. We wanted to eat in a place we haven’t before, so we went to Mexico. It was alright, nothing too spectacular.

When we left The Land it had started raining. Ponchos went on and umbrellas were opened!

After lunch we went on the Grand Festival Tour, then on Maelstrom. The Maelstrom line was pretty long (well anything around 30 minutes is long for us because we’re used to being there during low crowd times) But it was totally fine because there was a family behind us with a really cute baby boy. He was very charismatic and kept smiling at us.

We walked around a little bit. We went into Japan and got Adam a little Buddha figure. He had started collecting them.

It was raining really bad by the time we got out of Japan so we decided to walk back to the room and just hang out until our dinner reservation got closer.

It was still raining when we walked back to EPCOT. Dinner was at Tutto Italia. We enjoyed our meals. Mine was really rich and I couldn’t finish it. We took it back to the room and I think Emily ended up eating it the last day.

I got the Fettuccine Vecchia Roma.

Dad and Emily got the Gnocchetti Sardi.

Mom got a Caesar salad.

We then walked all the way to Spaceship Earth. Emily and I sat together, I had made a funny face, but I wasn’t sure if the camera got it or not. …it totally did. When the story came up Emily and I couldn’t stop laughing, we couldn’t even hear our future.

We were laughing so hard we couldn't get a good picture. This is the best one that came out. :lmao:

It was still raining, so back to the room! All of our feet were soaked and we had to put our sneakers in the dryer.

Oh right, Mickey ears were eaten that night. :mickeybar

We had been hearing fireworks going off the past 2 nights, so when we heard them this time we went out on our balcony and found out that we could see them! Illuminations from our room! I didn’t take any pictures because there were a bunch of trees in the way (again) It was also cool because we could even see the Showcase buildings lighting up.

It looks like you guys were having a great time! I love your pics, especially the topiaries.

It looks like you guys were having a great time! I love your pics, especially the topiaries.

We did, except for the rain! But we were true Disers and enjoyed the park anyway! All the topiaries were so beautiful, I'm glad you enjoy the pictures! Thanks for following along!

I feel like I’m getting this TR done WAAYY to fast! It makes me sad knowing that it’ll be over soon and I won’t have anything more to write about. :sad: But then my mom reminded me that I can write a PreTrip Report about our trip in December 2014! So I’ll probably start one right after I finish this one. :thumbsup2 I’m also holding off writing a chapter tonight. Although I probably won’t write for a few more nights anyway because I’ve been kind of procrastinating on homework and I have a big Marketing project that’s due on the 21st. I am also participating in my campus’s Relay for Life on Friday night. So much to do! But I’m glad I’m keeping busy. I’m also very happy that this semester is almost over with.

Hmm… While I’m procrastinating (AKA taking a “break from homework”) right now I might as well write about something Disney related…

After the first year we went into the parks both my dad and I had the whole layout of (almost) every park memorized. (almost meaning DHS, we always get confused with the backlot area :sad2:) Before we go on any trip we kind of quiz each other and test if we still remember where everything is. “To get to Tomorrowland you can go right right after the ice cream shop and then go through the quick service restaurant that is never open.” “OR you can go through the castle and hang a left!” You get the picture… We also know the location of EVERY bathroom throughout every park. My favorite line from their November trip: “Deanna! They took out Peter Pan’s bathroom!” But they put in the Tangled bathrooms, so I’m completely fine with that. :cool1:

This trip we only did one character meet and greet. I think if the meet and greet lines would have been shorter we probably would have done more. We did the Disney Visa one in EPCOT. …you’ll see later who we met, one was someone that I’ve never met before in the parks!

Well, that’s all for now! Back to homework…woo… :(

I hope you’re all enjoying my TR and I hope that you continue to follow along! Just seeing how many people have viewed my TR makes me SO happy!!! I hope you all have a magical day(s) and week! :goodvibes :wave2:

Great topiary photos! They make the World Showcase look so festive in the spring!

I feel like we always play "race the rain" with Test Track at least once during each trip, I'm glad you guys got to ride.

Dinner at Tutto Italia looks delicious! We always end up at Via Napoli instead, but one day we'll try Tutto.

Okay, how did you guys get Mickey bars to stay frozen all the way back to your villa? And that was so cool that you guys could see Illuminations from your room!

Great topiary photos! They make the World Showcase look so festive in the spring!

I feel like we always play "race the rain" with Test Track at least once during each trip, I'm glad you guys got to ride.

Dinner at Tutto Italia looks delicious! We always end up at Via Napoli instead, but one day we'll try Tutto.

Okay, how did you guys get Mickey bars to stay frozen all the way back to your villa? And that was so cool that you guys could see Illuminations from your room!

Thanks! And they do! I was really happy we decided to go during the festival.
I was going to be really sad if we didn't get to ride Test Track, especially since they remodeled it! I definitely enjoyed this version more than the older one.
Tutto Italia was very good! We've been there once before. I haven't been to Via Napoli, but I think Mom did when they went in November.
We got the Mickey bars from the general store downstairs! :rotfl: It would've been a feat to bring them from EPCOT! Lol.
We were so surprised that we could actually see the fireworks! We watched them almost every night after we found out that we could actually see them!

Emily just sent this picture to me, so I figured that I would share it! Fireworks from our room! In that direction you could also see the main buildings around the World Showcase light up. If you were out on the balcony you could also kind of hear the music. It was pretty amazing.

Today we were heading to AK! Some of you might be disappointed in us, but we only stayed half a day. I think it was even planned… Well, anyway, bus ride…woo. This is why we enjoy being close to EPCOT or MK, bus rides aren’t exactly our favorite part of our trips.

Anyway, it was kind of cold that morning. The many shadows of AK weren’t exactly helping either! But being from the cold it felt WAAYY better than the single digits we were used to.

Dinosaur was first up, we had a Fastpass and walked right on. We could’ve just done standby if we wanted to ride twice, but we said “eh” and just went once. It felt more bumpy than usual and wasn’t as loud as usual (no complains here) However, I do think that I felt a little sick after, I have been having a more sensitive stomach than I used to have. Not fun.

I love the people in the second row! :rotfl:

But we decided to see It’s Tough to be a Bug next. Some people were taking their sweet, sweet time walking through…we weren’t even sure we were going to make the show because of their slowness. (We also kind of book it everywhere in Disney. Hurry up and wait is our motto!) I always enjoy seeing this show when there’s a large audience because there are a lot of people who haven’t seen it. I love listening to the way people react to the show.

Honorary bugs :3dglasses

We then had a Mount Everest Fastpass. We hadn’t ever used a FP for this ride before so seeing this side of the waiting area was nice.

Attempting an "Oh no!" face. I don't know what Emily was after :laughing:

I believe that we were hungry, but we decided to wait a little bit more for lunch because it was still pretty early. I might have eaten a granola bar, but don’t quote me on that. Because the Festival of the Lion King wasn’t going (because of the construction for Avatar Land :( ) I really wanted to see Finding Nemo. At least one AK musical show is required per trip, and I had only seen the show once before. Dad and Emily decided that they didn’t want to see it, so they went on the trail with the tigers. Mom and I walked fast to the entrance and saw a CM put the rope up right after we went through! We almost missed it! But then later we saw more people coming into the theater, so we probably would’ve been fine.

All of my pictures were pretty blurry.

“In the big blue world!” :fish:

We were definitely hungry after this show and needed food. Dad, Emily and I got Yak and Yeti. Mom went a got a pretzel, which she had already finished by the time she got to the table we were sitting at so I couldn’t take a picture.

Each time we go to Yak and Yeti we say we’re not going to go back, and what do we do? We go back. Don’t ask us why. I also ended up dropping a piece of chicken on my capris…I wasn’t too happy about that.

We then had Fastpasses for the Safari. The line for the safari was so long that they were only having one person per party scan their Magic Bands. I think I did the honor for our group! :cool1:

After the safari we went on the trail with the apes. After the wobbly bridge we could see the big man ape doing big man ape things (Sitting alone, looking dominate) There was a man taking pictures of the ape and what does he do? Yells at the ape “Hey!” and whistles and such. C’mon, I know you’d like some great picture of the ape, but really? How old are you? I just don’t understand some people.

So precious.

The man himself.

Emily and I got ice cream, I got the fruit bar and Emily got the chocolate covered banana. We then decided to leave the park…but where? To the room first or straight to EPCOT?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter