Year Off From Disney, Big Mistake

I'm sorry! I fell behind. But I'm all caught up now. We're the same way about AK, we just can't seem to make it an all day park.

Loved your safari and show photos, it looked like you had tons of fun!

I'm sorry! I fell behind. But I'm all caught up now. We're the same way about AK, we just can't seem to make it an all day park.

Loved your safari and show photos, it looked like you had tons of fun!

I think I fell behind worse!!!

I'm glad we aren't the only ones that can't stay there. We also always get there a little bit after opening too. And we always have to go on the safari which is always fun!

So I apologize for having this HUGE emptiness of no trip report. I have just been caught up in life. I also haven’t even turned on my laptop since I got back from college, which was about 2 weeks ago. Finals were pretty easy for me, which was a relief. Then I had to pack up my dorm and bring it all home. Once home I had to find a way to make my dorm room fit into my room. 2 rooms in one! Luckily plastic bags fit under my bed... I actually did that in about 2 days, which is a record. I really just wanted it done and over with so my room wouldn’t be a mess.

Then I took a bartending course in Burlington, VT (not far from where I live in NY). It was a 2 day course, so my grandparents rented a hotel room for the night and stayed over with me so we wouldn’t have to drive all the way back home. The course was educational and informative. I knew a lot about making drinks before I took the course because I was a barback at a restaurant last summer. Also, in case any of you are wondering you have to be 18 to serve alcohol in NY.

Well, before I even finished college I came back home to have an interview at a local restaurant (I didn’t want to work at the one I worked at last summer) and I got the job! They recently got a bar and liquor license and as a result they needed a bartender and I was qualified! So I’ve been working there for a little over a week now and I enjoy it! We don’t get crazy drunk people at this restaurant, so I won’t have to worry about those kinds of people, thank goodness. I’m also doing a little bit of serving, which is good because I need the experience.

But ANYWAY! My mom reminded me that I needed to finish this report so I decided to boot up my laptop and get to writing again. Of course I need to take a picture of a picture before I can post the next section of my report, but my mom said she’d find it at lunch so I’ll probably get it posted today!

Sorry for the wait to my original followers and welcome to any new ones!​

Annnnnd we went to the EPCOT bus. Yay us. The bus took forever to get there and I believe that once it did we had to stand for the whole ride.

I’ll be honest with you all. I didn’t exactly wear the best choice of shoes the first few days. The first day I wore a pair of croc flats that you can see in the next picture of us all. My feet did not forgive me at all. They got all swollen and they hurt the entire trip. Then the rain day did not help them at all, I wore sneakers but my feet still got soaked. I decided this day that I should let my feet air out and wear the crocs again…bad idea. They were hurting so much that my dad offered to give me a piggy back ride off the monorail to the entrance of EPCOT. I declined and walked SUPER slow instead. I learned my lesson and wore sneakers the rest of the trip and will never wear anything but sneakers while in Disney again. :thumbsup2

We went to MouseGears and I got my boyfriend a teeshirt, a present for his birthday. Which I don’t have a picture of…it’s yellow and has the four parks on it, kind of retro-like.

Next we decided to do the Disney Visa pictures. Who did we meet?

Minnie and Max!
We pretty much just hugged, took the picture and then left.

Then we went into the Butterfly garden. It was really pretty in there, but there were barely any butterflies!

We wanted to all listen to British Invasion, but their show wasn’t for about an hour. Emily and I decided to sit on one of the benches and save a seat. Mom and Dad had decided to go back to the room to bring the big backpack back. I caught up on my writing and I think Emily called Adam. Once the band started playing there were some cute little girls dancing. I didn’t take a picture, but I did enjoy watching them!

We left EPCOT because we had a date with ‘Ohanas! We took the monorail to the TTC where we had to ride a bus to the Poly. The monorails were being worked on during certain hours of the day, so yay for busses! We got to ‘Ohanas early, and like usual they let us in! We ate a lot, but not as much as we did the first time. They just give you SO much food. But it’s all so tasty. Dad ate about 30 pork dumplings (which he will later regret) and I ate a lot of the noodles. We didn’t eat as much meat, probably about one or two pieces of each type each person, but we love the shrimp.

We checked out the store on that level for a little bit and talked to a CM who was college student for a little bit. Then we found out that the monorails were back in business! We took the monorail to the TTC and then to EPCOT.

Obviously we had to go through EPCOT to get to our resort, so we had to do baggage check, etc. Fun story here: I had a bag, so I walked up to one of the tables, one side was free and there were two ladies on the other side. The first was getting her bag checked and the second glared over at me and said, “I’m waiting here.” Uh… I replied, “I am too.” The security guard then proceeded to check me next. HA! Take that lady. They always do right, left, right, etc. They really don’t care who was there first. I thought it was really funny. She obviously didn’t. In my book I wrote: You can’t control that, lady. Get your panties out of a bunch! I really thought it was the funniest thing ever. :lmao:

We passed Spaceship Earth and noticed that the wait was 40 minutes! I can’t even imagine waiting that long for that ride, especially since it’s a continuous thing too! So crazy.

We continued our walk back to our room and called it a night!

Today we went to DHS (which we still call MGM…whoops :ssst:). When we stayed at Beach Club a few years ago we took the boat there, but this time we decided to walk. The walk wasn’t long at all.

We decided that we should go straight to Tower of Terror because we knew that the line can get long fast and our Fastpass was for later. When we got there the line was already 40 minutes! No thanks. We decided that we could do the Drawing Academy next. We had never done it before and saw on the Disboards that so many people do it, so we decided to give it a chance. Emily, Dad, and I are pretty decent drawers. Characters like Stitch, Eeyore, and Olaf got yelled out. Guess whose movie just came out and got chosen? Olaf. Dad wasn’t too happy, he hadn’t seen the movie yet and didn’t know who Olaf was. The dad behind us was complaining even more, he REALLY wanted to draw Eeyore! But anyway, here’s my Olaf.

Snack time! Mom and Dad shared the cinnamon roll and Emily and I shared the chocolate croissant and (probably triple) chocolate muffin.

We then went to Star Tours because we had a Fastpass.

Then all the way to Toy Story Midway Mania. I beat Emily and I also beat everyone in the vehicle! WOOT! :cool1:

We decided to look in a store for a little bit. I got a sweatshirt. IT GLOWS IN THE DARK! :cool2:

After that Dad decided he didn’t feel well (it was all of those dumplings from the previous night at 'Ohanas!) so he and Emily went back to the room. Mom and I went on the Great Movie Ride. I believe that we got the cowboy. I kind of miss the gangster. We decided to see Beauty and the Beast and then Tower of Terror because our Fastpass was coming up.

We then decided that we were hungry and that ice cream sounded like a great lunch. That dinosaur can sure make some great ice cream. :thumbsup2

We just sat on our balcony for a while enjoying the view when we got back.

We had a reservation at Chef de France that night, but we decided not to go into EPCOT. Mom called and found out there was an opening at Beaches and Cream, so we went there instead.

Dad and I both got a burger.

Mom and Emily shared the Chicken Salad Sandwich.

We all shared this, the "No Way Jose."

We went back to the room for an early night. Here are some pictures of things in the lobby.

Can you find the hidden Mickey?

Look at these hallways! We were all the way to one end, and it seemed like the hallway went on FOREVER.

We also drew for a little bit on our Drawing Academy papers.

Joining in and all caught up :goodvibes
Wow you're amazing at drawing!!! Love the Winnie the Pooh and Piglet one at the end!
Where are your alex and ani bracelets from? Cause I love them!!

Joining in and all caught up :goodvibes
Wow you're amazing at drawing!!! Love the Winnie the Pooh and Piglet one at the end!
Where are your alex and ani bracelets from? Cause I love them!!

Yay, thanks for joining! And thank you so much! That was the first time I've drawn since high school, whoops, hahaha...
I believe my mom got the Alex and Ani bracelets from the Disney store online. I want more!

Today was our last day in the parks. We decided to go on it’s a small world first, always the shortest line.

We had a FP for Ariel, but we had time for a ride so we decided to go on Dumbo. Well, Mom and I did, Emily and Dad sat on a bench and waited.

Onto Ariel! I had a very important job! (It was also really difficult to take pictures in this ride, but I tried my best!)

We hadn’t see Mickey’s PhilharMagic yet, so we went there next. And then after we had a Dole Whip.

Haunted Mansion was next, we had a FP. When we were in the dark room at the way end some stupid teenagers screamed, making the little kids scared. There was a family in front of us who was trying to console their little girls because they were so scared. I felt bad, but they ended up enjoying the ride.

We had decided to do a big lunch because we had to be at the airport semi-early. We decided to try Liberty Tree Tavern because we’ve heard some good reviews. We got there way too early so we had to wait for a while before our reservation time came. I’m glad we got a bench outside because the waiting area inside wasn’t that great. None of us really cared for our meals. The potatoes tasted like they came from a box and the turkey wasn’t that great either.

Like usual, we shopped and looked in stores in between rides. We decided to leave early and not wait for our 3 o’clock Buzz FP because we were all just getting tired.

Little Pooh has joined my collection!

Mom had bought a cinnamon roll at Gaston's Tavern and she snacked on it back in the room.

We could spy this guy out our window.

We ate dinner on the Boardwalk, just that hot dog stand; nothing fabulous.

We went to EPCOT for a little bit and bought candy for Adam from Japan. When we got back from EPCOT we decided to get ice cream from Beaches and Cream.

Mint Chocolate Chip milkshake​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter