Yea..Earned our free campsite!!

kazlac4

DIS Veteran
Wow, we signed up for a Disney Visa card in April 09 and finally got enough reward dollars to pay off our 9 nite stay in November :cool1:. We just use the credit card like a debit card (paying everything from car insurance to taxes to groceries, etc.) and make SURE we pay it off in full each month, thus NO interest due. At times it was annoying to keep tabs on it but the end result is certainly worth the work. If you have the willpower to pay it off each month, then I highly recommend this card. The words Free and Disney doesn't usually go together in a sentence but in this case it does. Hopefully, other Dis'ers can use this info and start their own Disney fund!:banana:

Congratulations!!!
We do the same thing. Everything that can be charged to the card is and paid off each month.
We had a house rebuild going on and used that card for everything we could. Had enough to pay for our site plus part of the AP's :thumbsup2

We got an offer in the mail to apply for the Disney Visa and get $200 reward dollars after the first use. Even though each of us has our own Disney Visa we both applied again and received cards. $400 reward dollars just like that to use on our Oct trip! :cool1:

Way to go :thumbsup2 It is a great system!

We do the exact same thing, and we had enough Disney Dollars to pay for our 7 night stay in April.

We asked the bank if we could use it to pay our mortgage, but they said we couldn't. We'd rack up the Disney Dollars pretty quick if we could!

Hooray for you!!! We do the same thing. Last trip (2 years ago) we used the Disney dollars to pay for the 12 days of golf cart rental.

Been thinking about this, so I have a question. How many points and/or dollars do you earn on purchases? Okay, 2 questions, the 2nd being do they have a limited life before you lose them?

You earn $1 Disney dollar for every $100 you put on the card. You have 5 years to use them. Each credit card statement details how many you have earned. You cash in your dollars approximately 3 weeks before you need them..they will send a card. You then use the card just like a gift card and use the card for Disney vacations, hotels, merchandise, etc. Another perk of the card is 10% off (most) merchandise at DTD. The catch is to make SURE you pay the card off in full each month before the due date, otherwise the high interest rate will just override the rewards. We use it to pay our homeowner taxes, car insurance, all groceries, gas, cable, AT&T. When I log a payment into my checkbook I just write a large "D" (for Disney) on the description and thus I can just add up all my purchases and send a payment (online) to Visa. So far this routine has worked great for us..:thumbsup2

We got the Disney Visa a couple of weeks before our June trip. We did not have time to apply for the Disney Dollars by mail so we redeemed them at the guest relations window outside of MK. It was very simple. I showed them my Disney Visa and driver's license and they gave us a gift card with a phone number to call to have it activated. We spent our Disney Dollars on Water Park & More upgrades plus souvenirs. I'm planning on using my new Disney Visa to purchase things we buy anyway like gas and groceries and paying it off every month just like you guys said. It will take awhile for it to accumulate but something is better than nothing! :)

We just applied for the card as well with the $200 instant reward dollars. When using this for our upcoming trip, do reward dollars equal the same as real dollars? In other words, can I use the $200 reward dollars just like I would $200 at the parks or to help pay for our trip?

We just applied for the card as well with the $200 instant reward dollars. When using this for our upcoming trip, do reward dollars equal the same as real dollars? In other words, can I use the $200 reward dollars just like I would $200 at the parks or to help pay for our trip?

Yes..No gimmicks!:cool1:

Did you get this offer in the mail or find it somewhere online?

You earn $1 Disney dollar for every $100 you put on the card. You have 5 years to use them. Each credit card statement details how many you have earned. You cash in your dollars approximately 3 weeks before you need them..they will send a card. You then use the card just like a gift card and use the card for Disney vacations, hotels, merchandise, etc. Another perk of the card is 10% off (most) merchandise at DTD. The catch is to make SURE you pay the card off in full each month before the due date, otherwise the high interest rate will just override the rewards. We use it to pay our homeowner taxes, car insurance, all groceries, gas, cable, AT&T. When I log a payment into my checkbook I just write a large "D" (for Disney) on the description and thus I can just add up all my purchases and send a payment (online) to Visa. So far this routine has worked great for us..:thumbsup2

Very good, I appreciate the info. Now, if I can get my DW to go along with it, but the points will definitely intrigue her. She's all about points and discounts and such. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter