• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YC revamps room categories

Heffalump12

Earning My Ears
So I’ve been stalking the Yacht Club availabilities trying to plan for Thanksgiving 2024. I know prices will be slightly higher in 2024 but I wanted to look at this year’s prices to give me an idea of what to expect. Less than a week ago the room categories were Water View (view of crescent lake or lake and stormalong bay), Garden View (view of woods, quiet pool, tennis court or courtyards/gazebo), then the basic Standard (rooftop or parking lots). Ok so tonight I looked again and now they have the rooms categorized as Water View (crescent lake or quiet pool), Resort View (garden, rooftop or parking lot) and then Standard (rooftop or parking lot).
There’s no way I’m paying $1000 (approx) a night for a view of the quiet pool when last week it was $800/nt (approx). Plus it would really bother me knowing I’m paying the same price looking at the quiet pool as someone else who gets the awesome view the boardwalk and fireworks. It also irks me that I might pay $50 more a night to look at a rooftop while others get to look at vegetation or a nice courtyard. I mean what was wrong with the room categories as they were? I wouldn’t be surprised to see them add another category called fireworks or such and charge $1200 a night. I was seriously considering booking a water view room but now it will be a resort room.

disney has lost a load of money on movies and Disney plus they need to try and make it up hense the layoffs.

There’s no way I’m paying $1000 (approx) a night for a view of the quiet pool when last week it was $800/nt (approx). Plus it would really bother me knowing I’m paying the same price looking at the quiet pool as someone else who gets the awesome view the boardwalk and fireworks.
Tbf this is always how it’s been at BC/YC. In practice they’ve always considered quiet pool views “Water View“. The only difference now besides the price is they’re actually spelling it out for people, which is arguably a good thing.

I’m much more bothered by collapsing Garden/Woods with Standard. Leaving it to luck of the draw to avoid roof gravel and dumpsters unless you want to pay a premium for water view is absurdly guest hostile.

Tbf this is always how it’s been at BC/YC. In practice they’ve always considered quiet pool views “Water View“. The only difference now besides the price is they’re actually spelling it out for people, which is arguably a good thing.

I’m much more bothered by collapsing Garden/Woods with Standard. Leaving it to luck of the draw to avoid roof gravel and dumpsters unless you want to pay a premium for water view is absurdly guest hostile.

Actually, the YC quiet pool has been classified as garden view for years. A lot of rooms that look out at BC quiet pool also have a view of the lake too. So that one is a little harder to classify.

Actually, the YC quiet pool has been classified as garden view for years. A lot of rooms that look out at BC quiet pool also have a view of the lake too. So that one is a little harder to classify.
My stepniece and her husband booked water view at YC in 2017 and 2018 and got views of the quiet pool. 🤷🏾‍♀️

My stepniece and her husband booked water view at YC in 2017 and 2018 and got views of the quiet pool. 🤷🏾‍♀️

This is posted on the YC section on page 1 of the Y & B thread. It’s been the official room categories since at least late 2017. All the quiet pool view rooms are classified as garden view. It was obtained right from YC front desk. It’s easier to read on the Y &B thread, but green is garden view, blue is water view. Yellow is standard view, the other colors are accessible rooms etc. All the posts as well as personal experience have been that those rooms are garden view. It’s also where many people with dogs are usually placed. Not sure what happened with your stepniece. 🤷🏻‍♀️

99B41A91-3BBE-4576-83CF-1F82C7C1A64B.png

Last edited:
Yeah I have been studying the room map trying to decide 'should I book water or garden view'? Before this change came about, you can see on the room map that some garden views are pretty identical to the water views. I'm talking about the ones on the front of the building facing easterly. I looked on Touring Plans room finder to get a good idea of what the views are like.

Disney was being clever last week in releasing all this wonderful information about dining plans returning, getting rid of park reservations (which I actually liked), simplifying genie + to make us all warm and cozy so they could stick it to us with these room changes this week. I guess they need to do whatever they can to re-coop their money from the scrapping the Florida office complex and shutting down the StarCruiser.

I totally agree! I don't know how they can justify giving someone a standard view when guests are paying for something better. I don't see this faring well down the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter