• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YC or BC whats the difference???

Wenlitz

<font color=6699FF>The Tag Fairy has been known to
I am planning our next stay and am trying to decide where to stay. Heres my question YC or BC?? Whats the difference.
Any info would be helpful. Thanks!!

We toured both hotels last week and found the BC to have a warmer atmosphere and seemed friendlier. The YC was dark wood and more stuffy. The other difference is the balconies, the YC has full balconies on the rooms and the BC has three different types of balconies: full, Single person and enclosed. we preferred the BC and are looking to stay there Feb 2004

the main difference is the decor, the BC is more "beachy, casual" and the YC is more "nautical elegant"
other differences I have noticed is that the lobby at the BC is louder and busier, especially now since the BCV opened, not a big deal though, how much time are you spending in the lobby afterall...??! :)

also the balcony issue.. at the YC every room (except for 2) have a full balcony, at the BC it is hit or miss....

they are both great and share Storm a long bay, so I would decide based on which decor/theme you like better.

Laura :)

I agree with both posts. We prefer the more
"laid back"approach of the BC over the YC.
BC has character breakfasts and clambake
buffet dinner. YC has wonderful sitdown steak
restaurant and Beaches and Cream diner style.
Bars are located on the YC side, both share
the "waterpark" pool. YC has been refurbished,
BC is in the process of being refurbished.
If you have children, the BC is more relaxed.

I have stayed at the YC but not at the BC. A CM that spoke with us said that more families tend to stay at the BC whereas more adults tend to stay at the YC. I thoroughly enjoyed the YC and really liked its theming and our large balcony. :)

We stayed at the BC and were not in a refurbished room and it really showed. Unless they guarantee the room is redone I would beware. You could be stuck with a real "dirty" lemon!:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter