• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

YC/BC's Stormalong Bay Rehab in Spring?

AFgirl325

Addicted to the DIS!
I was reading another Disney page this afternoon, and came across a rehab schedule which said Stormalong Bay and the slide there would be under rehab throughout March and until late spring. Can anyone verify this? Also, the webpage people staying at YC/BC could use the pool at the BoardWalk. Is this also true? If so, what have the crowds been like at the BW pools? Unbearable? I wouldn't want to imagine 3 resorts using one pool, especially with the Spring Break season coming up....

Any info would be great! Thanks in advance! :)

Stormalong Bay won't be closed, only the slide. So lots of people will be staying there and taking advantage of the pool. The few who want to slide will go over to the BW. But I wouldn't expect a lot of people to go over there - it really isn't worth the hassle. You still have the quiet pools as well at the YC/BC/BCV.

"...Beginning January 3, 2003, the Shipwreck Slide will be closed to guests so we may begin a refurbishment effort. We expect the work to be completed by April 4, 2003. The Stormalong Bay pool will remain open for our guest's enjoyment during the time the Shipwreck Slide is being refurbished......During this time, should you wish to have a slide as part of your pool experience, please visit the Luna Park pool at Disney's BoardWalk Resort. The Luna Park pool is a 190,000-gallon pool that features a 200-foot long slide called the Keister Coaster. Shuttle transportation will be made available during this timeframe for our guests wishing to take advantage of the nearby pool experience."

Keep in mind the dates set by WDW for rehabs are not set in stone!

hmmmmm....

maybe a lot of folks will be taking advantage of the Luna Park therefore smaller crowds overall at Stormalong Bay.

PamNC

I emailed guest services myself and they responded that
the slide will be up and running March 31st and room rehabs
should be done to BC early April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter