Yayyyy! The kids went back to school today!!

My kids go back Sept. 3 (upstate NY). Since we are in Ft. Wilderness/camping for a couple of weeks we will have lots of quality quantity time together! I'm sure I'll be ready for them to go back when the time comes. But bittersweet for me too...my baby is going to K as well this year. It's the afternoon kind (half day). I haven't had time to myself in nearly 10 years. I'll be breaking out the bon bons. Actually I'll probably be setting up a chair in front of the principles office because the three boys will be in the same school for this one year. Setting up camp in front of her office will make things easier for all of us! :thumbsup2

We are all flooded. Out of school for the rest of the week. I may have to go back on Friday for a work day, dunno yet.

DS has to go back to school tomorrow. I have no clue how I am going to get him there on time with the main roads flooded and the general stupidity of people trying to put regular cars that are close to the ground through big puddles of water. I am sooooo glad I have a jeep!

Now we will have no Wed before Thanksgiving, and three days less for winter break! I would have rather gone through the water and gone to school frankly.:drive:

Now we will have no Wed before Thanksgiving, and three days less for winter break! I would have rather gone through the water and gone to school frankly.:drive:

That stinks :sad2: School just started and you already have to make up days. Our district gets the whole week of Thanksgiving which I think is great. Our first trip to FL was over Thanksgiving so we could take advantage of the school break. That was before the motorhome though so now it takes us longer to get there and the kids are getting too old to be able to miss days of school here and there for vacations. :sad2:

We are all flooded. Out of school for the rest of the week. I may have to go back on Friday for a work day, dunno yet.

DS has to go back to school tomorrow. I have no clue how I am going to get him there on time with the main roads flooded and the general stupidity of people trying to put regular cars that are close to the ground through big puddles of water. I am sooooo glad I have a jeep!

Good luck ... we hate loosing days too, as it messes up our "scheduled" vacation time.. :headache: Hope you didn't get tons of water in the house or cars.

thanks...no water in the house...a little in the jeep, lost a seal in the back

what a stench today...

Every year I take first day of school pictures. How do they go so quickly from this:

100_0717.jpg

To this:

040.jpg

Rog, I don't see skulls though...those pictures can't be cool for a 7th grader then, (according to Ami, I have no 7th grader thank the Lord!)

Skulls are cool to my 4th and 1st grader too. We have shoes, headbands, and earrings.

Jen just wait until you have a 7th grader. That can be quite a ride. But is you have a boy it might not be so bad. I have had both and can tell you the girls are the hardest to deal with in middle school.

Well my Megan just started fifth grade at a new school. She hooked up with some girl friends already, no problems, thank goodness. All of a sudden she likes boys, one in particular. The last few years she's had them pursuing her, but she never cared. I am getting nervous...I didn't want to get to this stage so soon. He seems like a nice boy though. He got her a spoon in the lunchroom, and helped her open her thermos. But it sounds like they are inseparable already and it's been a week.:scared1:

Girls change so much that first year of middle school. Mine went from a tom boy that hated boys to a diva wannabe, boycrazy loonatic.

Brittany starts next week, although we are doing a distance learning program through the computer. The school up here (Alabama) are awful public and private. we had her in a private school last year and she told the headmaster that she had goals in life and they weren't helping her get there. I about had a fit myself( to me that's disrespectful but she tells it like it is). She's a stickler for the rules, if you meet her you know what I mean. she really did have some bad teachers and they wouldn't send anything home. If she makes a C she's going to put herself on restriction( she's hard on herself). but at least I don't have to grade her papers this year, she's got a teacher on the other end and we can do our on schedule as long as it's 180 days. Britt wants to do choir this year so that's ok, she's in karate and I don't know if she's going to play fall ball or not she hasn't decided on one yet.
All I can say is God give me strength.

Jen just wait until you have a 7th grader. That can be quite a ride. But is you have a boy it might not be so bad. I have had both and can tell you the girls are the hardest to deal with in middle school.

I coach high school girls. I can relate. It is a horror story.:eek:

Brittany starts next week, although we are doing a distance learning program through the computer. The school up here (Alabama) are awful public and private. we had her in a private school last year and she told the headmaster that she had goals in life and they weren't helping her get there. I about had a fit myself( to me that's disrespectful but she tells it like it is). She's a stickler for the rules, if you meet her you know what I mean. she really did have some bad teachers and they wouldn't send anything home. If she makes a C she's going to put herself on restriction( she's hard on herself). but at least I don't have to grade her papers this year, she's got a teacher on the other end and we can do our on schedule as long as it's 180 days. Britt wants to do choir this year so that's ok, she's in karate and I don't know if she's going to play fall ball or not she hasn't decided on one yet.
All I can say is God give me strength.

Is she going back to karate next to my sister's store? If so, tell her I said hey and hey to my future niece or nephew, whatever is cookin' in there! She won't find out.

what did she tell the headmaster she wanted to do that he wouldn't help her with.

she got mad because they were giving out grades, she made a C and they gave her an A on her report card, gotta love the bell curve, and it pissed her off.
Her exact phrase was I have goals in life and yall are not helping me get there, and I can learn more with my mom homeschooling me.:lmao:
I was so embarrassed, but she was telling the truth.

needless to say their were 15 kids that left the school since then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter