Yay! The Christmas decorations are down

Mouse Skywalker

<font color=green>The Force is strong with this Po
and stored away in the attic. Whew, that seemed like a big job this year. Everything's done except for the outside lights, and I need to wait for a warm day for that.

did mine last Sunday. needed the space for the babies things. Boy I love having the house back :goodvibes

Ours came down yesterday - we are all back to work and school tomorrow :headache:

Yeah, I took them down yesterday too. Every November I tell myself to put the lights away neatly this year, and every January I'm too cold to take the time to do it. It's a perpetual cycle of self-destructive behavior.

-TGr :mad:

Ours are down and in the garage ready to go back into the attic. Hopefully when I come home tomorrow from work John will have done that.

Ha the only decorations I had in my apartment were on my animal crossing game....and they all came down today too

I spent the entire day outside taking down decorations and still have 3 or 4 hours or work. Then again, some people might consider my display excessive.

Call me old-fashioned, but mine stay up till the Epiphany. :santa:

Mine are still up too. I love my Christmas decorations. I always get depressed when I put them away. We only have indoor decorations, though, nothing outside. We just moved into this house in September so we didn't have any outdoor stuff. I bought some at the after Christmas sales, though, so we'll have stuff for next year.

Call me old-fashioned, but mine stay up till the Epiphany. :santa:
I used to leave mine up longer, but my practical nature gets the better of me. I need to take them down when I have time, and once I have to go back to work, I have no time to take them down. Besides, DD10's princess: birthday is Epiphany.

Congrats on getting yours down. Good luck with waiting for a warm day. :rolleyes1 :cold:

Mine are still up. :goodvibes Since Paul left today, there is no one to make me take them down. :teeth: They'll be up until he gets back next week. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We normally wait until King's Day, Jan. 6th, but this year with the baby coming we took them down on the 28th of Dec.

Our decorations went up before I left for Mousefest (which was Dec. 5th) so they had been up for nearly 6 weeks. The house decorations were put away on Friday and the trees were undecorated the same day and the ornaments and trees were put away yesterday. Of course we had some excitement while I was putting the trees in the garage. Our CO/Explosive Gas detector started going off. I reset it twice, but it kept going off, so Mom, Molly (our bichon) and I went out into the back yard while I called 911 and the gas company. We had 4 firefighters, 2 rescue paramedics and 1 gas company employee checking the house. They couldn't find out what truly caused the detector to go off. They THINK it was the car being moved out of the garage and a freak wind situation pushing the exhaust back into the house. Unfortunately, the gas guy found a very small leak in the line going to the water heater. He red tagged it and our plumber can't come until tomorrow morning. If anyone hears a scream tomorrow morning around 6:30 from the Pittsburgh area, that's me trying to take a shower. Luckily there was enough hot water left so I was able to take a shower after we finished putting everything away.

Hopefully we won't be having anymore drama around here for a while.

Kim

We usually wait til little Christmas but I had to take them down this weekend due to house showings. So boo hoo they are gone except the lights on my house my DH is waiting for a warm day.

Ours came down today too. I missed most of the brunt work, but joined in on eating any leftover chocolate on the tree! :thumbsup2

We did it all yesterday. As much as I love my Christmas decorations, I'm always thrilled to pack them away and get things back to normal.

Everything's down but our Christmas trees. We'll get to them after the dust has settled from going back to school and work this week. :)

We took down our outside lights on NYE (we had the time and it was warm, so why not) and did the rest yesterday. We didn't have that much up, and I got everything but the tree done in 45 minutes or so. The decorations coming off the tree was probably another 30 to 45 minutes. Then the tree. Oh how I wish we'd never bought that tree. We've had it 2 years - it's prelit and it's AWFUL to take down. The top section came right off. The middle section - we spent 2 HOURS tugging, twisting and yanking before we finally got the middle and bottom pieces to come apart. It was a nightmare! We actually wrote down how we did it and I taped it to the outside of the box so we'll have it for next year! :eek:

I love having christmas decorations up, but I also love having my house back - for some reason it makes it feel like Spring! :thumbsup2

Our decorations are all still up...our tree is still so fresh, I just can't bring myself to do it yet. I guess we have to do it nest weekend or people will think we are crazy- which would be true :banana:

- and cool lights sshaw10060, I wish our lights looked that good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter