*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

A couple of news items today that MAY be of interest (sorry for the pun :crazy:)

Grammy winning Brazilian artist Claudia Leitte will be playing Garden Rocks on 5/22 - 5/23. I am a Latin music fan, though I'm not familiar with her. But I checked her out on YouTube and she seems fun!

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...cot-international-flower-and-garden-festival/
In other Epcot news, those of you looking forward to Regal Eagle Smokehouse will be happy to see some bunting was added to the exterior of the restaurant, and there's a cool looking poster with Sam the Eagle on it!

https://blogmickey.com/2020/02/distinctly-patriotic-bunting-added-to-regal-eagle-smokehouse-at-epcot
(Can you tell it's a slow work day today and my boss isn't here??)

I'm a little late to the party but our dates are May 4 - May 7 at Riviera Resort, then May 8 - May 12 at Boardwalk because we're getting married there on May 9!! Our reception will be in the France Pavilion so walk by and give us a wave!

I'm a little late to the party but our dates are May 4 - May 7 at Riviera Resort, then May 8 - May 12 at Boardwalk because we're getting married there on May 9!! Our reception will be in the France Pavilion so walk by and give us a wave!

Congrats. What an amazing way to start your lives together!

Congrats! That’s seriously awesome. I only wish I had thought to get married at Disney.

Wow, that’s amazing! Good luck and congrats! Maybe we’ll swing by before we go to AK that night for AH.

Booked a quick trip at Pop Century, May 9th - May 12th! A Mother's Day surprise for my mom! :)

Lucky Mom! I hope you guys have fun.

Idk about anyone else, but I’m going nuts waiting on Flower & Garden menus. Hopefully we get them in the next few days so I have something else besides ROTR boarding groups to obsess over.

I did get my Leia bound dress for May the 4th in the mail though! Unfortunately it’s MUCH more sheer in person than the pic below, I’ll have to wear a slip beneath it so I don’t traumatize the younglings and padawans.

Just curious...are the food booths relatively new at the Flower & Garden Festival? We went in 2006 and 2010 and I remember lots of beautiful topiaries but never remember seeing any food booths...did I just miss something or is this something they started within the last 10 years?

Just curious...are the food booths relatively new at the Flower & Garden Festival? We went in 2006 and 2010 and I remember lots of beautiful topiaries but never remember seeing any food booths...did I just miss something or is this something they started within the last 10 years?
I don’t know what year, but I believe it’s been within the last 5 years that they added the god booths.

Yeah they’re still fairly new, I want to say 2015 they started it? They saw what a cash cow the booths are at F&W and decided F& G needed them. Tbh even though there are far fewer booths, I think F&G has better and more interesting food.

Love crossing things off my list!
  • Booked our 1 day car rental - we are staying at the Dolphin so renting a car at MCO, stopping at Publix and returning at Dolphin.
  • Booked a scooter for my stepdad. Used Gold Mobility which has great reviews.
  • And a last-minute addition - booked Cirque du Soleil!

• Booked our 1 day car rental - we are staying at the Dolphin so renting a car at MCO, stopping at Publix and returning at Dolphin.

Nice! I had no idea Cirque was bookable yet, I’ll have to look into that.

From where did you book cirque?

@kylenne I love it! Do you by chance have any sort of guide as to what kind of bounding is allowed and where Disney draws the line?

Here is the official Disney Parks blog post about it:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/08/dressing-for-your-visit-to-star-wars-galaxys-edge/
There’s a thread in the Star Wars section of TPAS too, I asked in there because I was worried that the sleeves made it go over the line into cosplay but consensus is that it would be fine.

From the research I’ve done, Disney is a bit inconsistent with the policy. I do have a backup Ahsoka bound that is much simpler, just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter