YAY!! Heading to TDR in Mid-April 2013!!

tfc3rid

DIS Veteran
So excited for this trip... Booked 6 nights at Hotel Miracosta using DVC points... Plan on 4 days touring TDL and TDS and other days touring Tokyo...

Now getting those flights... Waiting on some decent fare deals...

And the stress of trying to catch that Airport Limo to TDR...

Cannot wait!!!

Yay, my family is there 9 days from the 10th of April! We are staying at the Sheraton grande, miracosta looks absolutely stunning, although out of my budget!

Yay, my family is there 9 days from the 10th of April! We are staying at the Sheraton grande, miracosta looks absolutely stunning, although out of my budget!

Miracosta out of my budget as well but I am using some excess DVC points to stay there... Thank goodness...

I can't wait to go!!! I just hope airfares move downward a little bit...

Where are you coming from, we bought airfare back in July! We are from Sydney, Australia!

tfc3rid said:
I had hoped for Saturday arrival but ALL hotels are booked solid Saturday April 13 already... YIKES!!!! I'm there Sun to Sat.

Was that just the Disney hotels? I wonder if something is going on that weekend, I noticed at the Sheraton the price really jumped on Wednesday the 17th for some reason!

Luckily I had already booked at a lower rate.

Yeah, I figure it was for the 30th Anniversary... My plan is to hit the parks on Monday through Thursday and do some Tokyo touring he reminder of our stay...

Language barrier is intimidating, especially after a not-so-great trip to Disneyland Paris last year...

That's our plan too, or Tuesday to Friday, not sure whether we will need the fourth day at the parks or not, leaving that open. I hope this 30th anniversary stuff is not going to make the parks too crowded!

battymum said:
That's our plan too, or Tuesday to Friday, not sure whether we will need the fourth day at the parks or not, leaving that open. I hope this 30th anniversary stuff is not going to make the parks too crowded!

It will be really crowded the first day but really cool to see all the parks cm's lined up to welcome the guests waving anniversary flags! I'm guessing they will have some kind of ceremony in the hub but not sure yet. For the 25th it was really cool because after the ceremony they had a parade with all the characters and the dancers were wearing costumes from the different shows and parades from throughout the parks history!

I can't be sure but I want to say the next few days before the weekend shouldn't be too bad. Maybe people will go to TDS's event more. Once the weekend hits it should be very crowded at both parks.

Do you know if they will have a special fireworks show. Apparently the usual one does not go for very long and is not done "over the castle", I really want to get some fireworks photos with the castle.

battymum said:
Do you know if they will have a special fireworks show. Apparently the usual one does not go for very long and is not done "over the castle", I really want to get some fireworks photos with the castle.

Unfortunately due to the city laws and the people in this are not caring for the noise of the fireworks I don't think there will be a big change in the fireworks for the anniversary. It will probably have an anniversary theme using the song for the anniversary this year but I wouldn't expect more than that. The one time there are exceptions made for fireworks is in the summer where fireworks shows last an hour and a half or longer all over the country (no fireworks at TDR at that time) and New Years where there is a longer fireworks show at TDR.

Many cast members speak a little English, and they are quick to call for an English speaking CM if they cannot answer the question. Also the Customer Relations office to the right of the main entry is very helpful. All were very very polite at both TDL and TDS.

Many cast members speak a little English, and they are quick to call for an English speaking CM if they cannot answer the question. Also the Customer Relations office to the right of the main entry is very helpful. All were very very polite at both TDL and TDS.

Definitely! You can also ask for something called story papers at Guest Relations with have explanations for the different attractions in English and also make a nice souvenir!

It will be really crowded the first day but really cool to see all the parks cm's lined up to welcome the guests waving anniversary flags! I'm guessing they will have some kind of ceremony in the hub but not sure yet. For the 25th it was really cool because after the ceremony they had a parade with all the characters and the dancers were wearing costumes from the different shows and parades from throughout the parks history!

I can't be sure but I want to say the next few days before the weekend shouldn't be too bad. Maybe people will go to TDS's event more. Once the weekend hits it should be very crowded at both parks.

I'm hoping that the rDisney resorts will sell a 4 Day Park Hopper when we are there so we can maybe hit DisneySea on April 15th instead of TDL.

I'm hoping that the rDisney resorts will sell a 4 Day Park Hopper when we are there so we can maybe hit DisneySea on April 15th instead of TDL.

You should call to confirm with the hotel but since you are staying at the Miracosta you should be able to buy a four day park hopper. This is not normally available to guests unless they are staying at the Disney hotels. There will be a counter in the lobby where you can purchase your tickets.

You should call to confirm with the hotel but since you are staying at the Miracosta you should be able to buy a four day park hopper. This is not normally available to guests unless they are staying at the Disney hotels. There will be a counter in the lobby where you can purchase your tickets.

My hope is that this is the case... I hope you don't mind my asking a ton of questions prior to leaving...

My biggest concerns are language and the use of American Credit/Debit cards...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter