Yay, got the Wishes Dessert Party date we wanted (question though...)

Jen12573

DIS Veteran
DH and I really wanted to give the Wishes Dessert Party a try for our anniversary trip in January, and after calling a few times over the course of this week, today I lucked out and got the date we wanted (Jan. 27). Here is my questions:

Our Wishes dessert reservation is at 7:20PM, fireworks are at 8PM. Will we be "kicked out" immediately following the fireworks, or will we still be able to enjoy the buffet after the fireworks are done while the departing crowd dies down?

Thanks for any advice you have!

I wish I could answer your question but I have no idea however I have a question for you. What is the Wishes Party? You got me intrigued

I just learned about the Wishes Dessert Party about a week ago myself. It's at the Tomorrow Land Terrace in Magic Kingdom, it opens up one hour before the fireworks start that night (for us, fireworks start at 8PM, so the buffet opens up at 7PM, our reservation is at 7:20).

From what I understand it's all buffet of different desserts, along with coffee, tea, lemonade, iced tea, and hot cocoa. You can see the fireworks over the castle from the terrace, and the parade prior to fireworks, but I understand it's difficult to see the fireworks from your table, so they suggest you get up to the railing to see better.

We are off peak, it was $23.42 per person, you do have to pay in advance and it's not considered something on the DDP. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the actual link, but there's a good summary with photos on disunplugged.com. Enjoy!

DS and I loooooove the Wishes Dessert Party! :love: Can't wait to do it again 2/13!

They will not kick you out as soon as Wishes is over, nor even rush you, but they will begin quickly breaking down the buffet before Wishes is even over. So my advice would be to load up your plates with whatever yummies you like before Wishes starts, then take your time to enjoy it all afterward. And don't forget to get your coffee/tea/water before Wishes starts too! I really would have liked another cup of coffee last time... wish they at least left the drinks up for a while longer.

Have fun!!

DS and I loooooove the Wishes Dessert Party! :love: Can't wait to do it again 2/13!

They will not kick you out as soon as Wishes is over, nor even rush you, but they will begin quickly breaking down the buffet before Wishes is even over. So my advice would be to load up your plates with whatever yummies you like before Wishes starts, then take your time to enjoy it all afterward. And don't forget to get your coffee/tea/water before Wishes starts too! I really would have liked another cup of coffee last time... wish they at least left the drinks up for a while longer.

Have fun!!

Thank you so much for getting back to me, this was just what I was hoping to hear, that we can dilly-dally and not have to leave right as the rush of the crowd leaves. I told the wonderful CM who made our reservation that we are celebrating our anniversary, and this is the special thing we have planned outside of going to a few signature restaurants, so we really can't wait now!

One more quick tip: Don't eat dinner!! Nothing like being too full for all those yummy desserts. :) We just eat a late lunch that day.

Thank you! I saw someone else's tip on the "don't eat dinner before Wishes Dessert Party' topic, so we are scheduled for an earlier breakfast somewhere and a mid-day lunch at Kona Cafe. With all those desserts I still want to eat something meal-like :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter