Yay! for my mom/My new Cookbook

misslissa

DIS Veteran
Hi guys,

My mom just surprised me with a cookbook that she ordered through the mail. It is amazing!

It is called "Busy People's Down Home Cooking without the Down Home Fat", each recipie takes 7 ingredients or less and only 30 minutes or less to prepare... and is low in fat.

I can post some of the recipies if you would like... :goodvibes It seriously is the best cookbook I have come across that suits my lifestyle. The unique thing about this cookbook is she uses boxed/prepared foods to make things... (ie. add one box of macaroni and cheese... etc.)

Here's a Sample:

"Seconds Please" Mexican Dip

1 pound of ground beef
1 (16 oz.) jar of mild chunky salsa
1 (16 oz.) can of vegetarian refried beans
1 (8 oz.) pkg of fat free shreadded cheese (she recommends Mexican)

Brown the beef and do not drain, add the salsa, cheese and beans, stir until mixed, keep warm in a slow cooker.

Yeild: 15 (1/4 cup) servings

Calories: 97 Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 18mg Carbs: 7g Fiber: 2g Protien: 12g Sodium 492mg

Let me know if you are interested in more... :wizard:

sounds great and very WW friendly! I'll have to look for that one. Ooops. Just remembered. I bought a new cookbook about 2 months ago and forgot all about it. I think you've inspired me to try some new recipes this week! Maybe that will jump start my enthusiasm and discipline again. Thanks, Lissa!

I have the Busy People's LowFat Cookbook and I absolutely LOVE it!! So easy and tasty and it gives all the nutritional info for each dish.

It sounds like just what I might need. We are getting bored with our meals and a change will be most welcome.

This sounds perfect for us! Thanks for posting. I'll go check this out next time I'm in the bookstore!

That sounds good, I've been looking for a good cookbook with food I can actually find in the grocery and that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. DH is not a big chicken lover, does it have a good variety of dinners?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter