Yakitori House

purpliequeen

DIS Veteran
We love the Yakitori House, but that's because we always order the same thing- udon or udon with shrimp tempura. Delish. This is very authentic to the real udon you would find in Japan. We just got back yesterday and dined here 3 nights ago. We enjoyed it again and did not feel as if the quality is slipping. We decided to eat here on spur of the moment, we were not on the free dining plan. Since we stayed concierge, we were also full with the yummy goodies they serve. The udon was a nice light dinner after eating junk food all day.

I love the ambience here and the Japan pavilion in general. I think the service is good, the place is a lot cleaner than other restaurants, and it doesn't take a while to receive the food. The place is always packed but we were lucky this past trip. Everyone was eating in table service restaurants, it was the least busiest we've ever seen it at 7pm.

I guess I'm not really fair to judge this counter service as I've only had one thing off of the menu. I think it's defintely worth it's price and a yummy place. However, I have seen other people order their other menu items and they do not look appetizing.

So, for us- Yakitori House is still not the Yucky House. We'll come back next trip too :thumbsup2 . I urge people to try the udon.

Thanks for sharing your review! :thumbsup2

We've eaten here twice and enjoyed it as well. It is a good spot for a quick bite in the World Showcase.

Thanks PQ!

We always like the Yakatori House because it left us satisfied with a light dinner BUT left us room to snack a bit around the World.

Thanks for posting!

--pennyplanner
:goodvibes

Hi! For those of us that are hopelessly "American" could you please explain what Udon is???? My experience with Japanese is "Beni-hana" type places and I always order the steak or chicken!

I am kind of a picky eater but have found many things that I like when I give them a chance. I am just not adventerous enough to try new things if I don't know what they are.

I love buffets as a way to try new things because I can see them, smell them, and take just a little! A friend is promising to take me to an Indian Cuisine Buffet soon-- I have never tried curry and she is anxious for me to give it a chance!

Udon is like this soup with thick noodles. It's really good. Have you ever had tempura? Udon is actually pretty healthy for you. However, you can order tempura, which is batter-fried shrimp to go with it, and as you can guess it's not too healthy. I like it. Awesome that picky eaters want to try new things! :thumbsup2

We do Yakatori every trip too. And that's because DD loves the Udon soup! The Japanese beer isn't too bad either (Kirin, I think, of something like that).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter