Yak & Yeti w/o ADR?

Bridge203618

Mouseketeer
Do you think I would have any luck walking in for lunch at Y&Y on Memorial day?? I forgot to get a ressie and when I remembered, I can't get anything :(

We are trying to decide if we should

A-Walk in (and if that doesn't work do one of B or C)

B - Just get CS lunch and use our ADR on our last morning for BK at Kona that we were going to pay OOP

C - Get CS lunch and use an ADR for MK for lunch on our last day at the park (we are having TS Dinner that night at CP)

D - Don't try to walk in - have TS dinner at MK on our first day at the park (if so where do you suggest?) and CS for lunch memorial day at AK

BTW no matter what we are having dinner at Boma at 550 that night (5/31)

You can eat at the bar without an ADR. That is what we are planning on doing for a couple of appetizers and a drink while kids ride Everest.

We always eat at bar..but there are only like 4 or 5 seats...and if you have kids I wouldn't do it.

We did walk up when wdw-dine said that there were no openings. No it wasn't on a holiday, but the restaurant is a bit over-looked so I would try for it. I think you should be okay.

There were many available seats last Tuesday when DS18 and I ate there... the "walk ups" were seated as quickly as we were... (with ADR's from December).

HOWEVER ...Memorial day might be a different story....

I would TRY to walk up .... you never know...

We LOVED the decor of the restaurant......the food was Great...

Have a magical visit !
Mary

If you walk up right when they open at 11am, that will be your best chance of getting seated.

I've done that a lot in the past and gotten seated right away, but that was during low crowd times, so it may be different Memorial Day. It's worth a shot though - the food is really good!

There's no harm in trying to walk in, but Memorial Day is a busy time. As another poster said, your best chance is to arrive before noon and be willing to wait.

And ditto about the bar. We always eat there as well, but as Webray says, it's only got 5 or 6 seats.

Thats true the bar always seems open!, everytime we are there Its empty. But as far as walk up's we alaways have ADR, but I have never seen walk up's turn away or made to wait for long,but thats just our experince. Memorial day???,thats hard to say If this was MK or Epcot I would say no,there would be no way but AK being maybe #4 in the list of parks and a place where Familys typcialy dont stay all day,and think of a place where you have a TS meal, you might be suprised and be able to walk up with no problem?.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter