Yahoo Christmas 2011!!

twins4disney

DIS Veteran
DH is seriously considering camping at the Fort Christmas 2011. I know it is a long way off, but still exciting. We have always wanted to take our camper to the Fort, but did not want to do the long drive-16 hours at least. Now to look through the camping board to find out which loop we should try to request! Can't wait to start planning.

We are planning to stay at a cabin around the same time. And the whole house is happy planning!

Yay!!!
If you're looking at being there FOR Christmas, or the week between Christmas and New Years, it's worth it to make your reservations NOW. It's only one night's fee to reserve and you can get that back pretty close to the actual date (someone here will know the number).

That's an insanely busy time at WDW in general, and the Fort fills up super fast for the holidays.

Good luck! :santa:

Super Duper, it's never to early to start planning. I have been counting down since we spent Halloween 2008 at FW. We are now t90 days and counting!!!!!!!!

1st - pre scout stores during Christmas shopping, then make sure you get out the day after Christmas to hit the major discounts on items you MUST have!!!

I think you will find planning is part of the fun.

Yep. Do it now. I'm booked for 12/22/11. While I will probably avoid the parks on Christmas and New Years, I'm looking forward to reading trip reports from the upcoming Christmas season. Hoping to find a day or two at the parks that will not be wall to wall people. This board is great!

Speaking of Wall-to-Wall people....They will close access to parks when there are too many people in already. I'm sure someone around here knows the closing sequence, AP holders, resort guests, whatever. I have been on a boat to MK when we were told we would not be able to get in. We just made a detour to the monorail and went to EPCOT. So don't plan too rigid a schedule.

Yep. Do it now. I'm booked for 12/22/11. While I will probably avoid the parks on Christmas and New Years, I'm looking forward to reading trip reports from the upcoming Christmas season. Hoping to find a day or two at the parks that will not be wall to wall people. This board is great!

We have 12/23/11 to 1/3/12:banana:

We are thinking about using our DVC points, so I will need to wait 11 months out, hoping we can get in. It will be worth it to use the points, we had not planned to go in 2011, but after continually reading the Camping posts, I got excited about the Fort, so here we go!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of Wall-to-Wall people....They will close access to parks when there are too many people in already. I'm sure someone around here knows the closing sequence...

Single busiest week of the entire year at WDW. Capacity closures are common.

You're definitely in better shape staying onsite, and this is good info to have...
The turnstile master computer at each park keeps track of both entries and exits. When a park capacity closes (which is done in stages) there has to be a certain number of people exiting, with the total "in park" below a certain number, before they start allowing people in again.

I am low enough on the totem pole that I have no idea what these numbers are.

There are four stages to park closing:

Stage 1 - The parking lot entrance is closed. You can only access the park if you are using Disney Transportation.

Stage 2 - The ticket windows are all closed (and the automated Ticket Vending Machines are turned off). Unless you already have a ticket you cannot get in.

Stage 3 - Only people with Annual Passes or current Resort IDs will be allowed in.

Stage 4 - Nobody is allowed in.

Note - having restaurant reservations in a park, even with written proof, will not override a stage closing for you.

Also, if you are staying at a Disney owned and operated Resort and have a ticket, you are guaranteed entry into A park. Not necessarily the one you want (unless you want to go into AK). And if you have entered and left a park and do not have a hopper you may not get into anything.

FWIW, this past year MK closed 4 days Christmas week - almost always around 11-11:30 a.m. On 3 days it reopened around 3-3:30, the other day was NYE and it reopened at 9:30pm

HS and AK both closed one day each - pretty close to the same times. I didn't read any reports of EP closing.

Single busiest week of the entire year at WDW. Capacity closures are common.

You're definitely in better shape staying onsite, and this is good info to have...

FWIW, this past year MK closed 4 days Christmas week - almost always around 11-11:30 a.m. On 3 days it reopened around 3-3:30, the other day was NYE and it reopened at 9:30pm

HS and AK both closed one day each - pretty close to the same times. I didn't read any reports of EP closing.

Thanks BradyBz12. I'm seeing a couple of days at the FORT and maybe a run to the beach on those days. I try to avoid days when park closure is even a topic of discussion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter