Yachtsman or Shula's?

jacobjennasmom

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I have a reservation for Shula's in a couple weeks and now with the Yachtsman reopening I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to which one was better? We have been to neither, only Narcoossee's a few years ago. We are staying at the Beach Club so either one is conveniently located just trying to decide if I should keep Shula's or try and switch it tomorrow when things are available.

Thanks!

Hi,
I have a reservation for Shula's in a couple weeks and now with the Yachtsman reopening I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to which one was better? We have been to neither, only Narcoossee's a few years ago. We are staying at the Beach Club so either one is conveniently located just trying to decide if I should keep Shula's or try and switch it tomorrow when things are available.

Thanks!
Shula's is fabulous.
Yachtsman is good.

Well Shula’s has steaks and more traditional “he man” sides with a football theme. The man in my life loved the chain and took me to the one in Ft. Lauderdale when we first started dating. I tolerated the place until we were completely stuck on each other….

The Yacthsman on the other hand takes on the theme of New England boatbuilding and is a bit more interesting to my mind. Makes for a nice close by beef centric meal at the Crescent Lake..

Which one to eat at? Shula probably has the better butchers.

Oh and my favored steakhouse is the Boathouse so guess I’ve no skin in this game, 😆

They are both fine dining steakhouses, most steakhouses nation wide have the same basic menus. Ha Over the years we have dined at both. At this point, I'd recommend if you are from a big city with multiple fine dining steakhouses, don't bother with any of the standard steakhouses while on vacation. Save those signatures meals for something unique like Jiko, Cali Grill, Topolino's... You can get as good of a meal at any of those and they are unique to WDW. I will say, if you just have to do either Shula's or Yachtsman. Shula's has the better food, but it's a standard dark steakhouse feel with old football pictures all over. Ha

In years past we have dined at both of these. We loved Yachtsman (onion garlic rolls are delish) but would probably rate Shula's a bit higher.

Thanks everyone! I tried to get Topolinos but they are booked solid. I’m very in the fence with this. Shulas sounds very good and we don’t have one near us where we live. But I do love the Disney themed restaurants. I guess I will try and get a Yachtsman and then decide as it gets closer. Thanks for the feedback! I always love hearing everyone’s opinions!

Shula's is way better food (I think its also more expensive). Yachtsmans "theme" isn't worth the bother.

Although frankly, steak on Disney property is never great (from the perspective of someone who has had steak in places like Oklahoma City and Omaha). If you like seafood, I'd do BlueZoo over either of the steak places.

Never been to Shula's but enjoyed Yachtsman. My sense based on reading reviews over the years is that Shula's is better food.

Agree, and it's not close. There's no telling what to expect after reopening, but I can tell you first hand that food and service at YS had been in gradual, but steady decline.

Shula's is EXCELLENT - service AND food. Just know that they DO enforce dress code at Shula's (no tank tops, for example)

(I ate there as recently as May)

Why choose, do them both. We usually go to Yachtsmen, but since it was closed this year, we went to Shula’s for Fathers Day. Everyone raved about how good it was and that we needed to add it to our yearly rotation, so next March I will try to book both.
That being said the best steak I have ever had on property was at Jiko, but that was just me and my DW.

We ate at Shula's last week and it wasn't great. Service was so-so but the steaks at Le Cellier, Tiffins,, and CRT were better. Maybe we had an off night there but it wasn't worth the price for us. We love great food and often eat locally at superb steakhouses. We were sadly unimpressed with Shula's. The waiter didn't bring our drinks until our main course arrived and the steaks weren't well seasoned or charred like a great steakhouse. (We both had filets.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter