Yacht Club Review

AMB1

Mouseketeer
We have just returned from 1 night at AS Movies, followed by 6 nights at the Yacht Club. We are a family of four (daughters are 12 and 9) and thought the newly renovated rooms were fabulous.

For context, we have previously stayed at BWI, GF, CR, BC, POFQ and CB.

Dogs: We did not see, hear, smell or find any evidence of dogs at the Yacht Club. We saw two service dogs in the parks. The new dog policy did not affect us at all.

Room Checks: Nobody ever knocked on our door. We returned to our room every afternoon for swimming and relaxing on the balcony and were never bothered. Our room had always been made up during the morning while we were at the park. I didn’t see any sign of staff knocking on doors or conducting security checks in the halls. I noticed nothing that was different from our previous trips.

Renovated Rooms: We booked a garden view room and were assigned 2076, which overlooked the quiet pool. The view was lovely and I used the balcony daily. My only request was a room with a daybed, which was granted.

I love the new decor. The wood floors are not cold or sterile. The decor feels much warmer than photographs suggest and feels quite nautical. The theming is subtle, but definitely there. The rooms have lots of dark wood and feel like a very nice cruise ship cabin. There is tons of storage, especially since suitcases can now be stored under the beds.

The sliding door across the sink area is a very welcome addition. Combined with the shower/toilet room, it made a large, private and flexible dressing room. There were 5 cubbies underneath the sinks, so we each had space for our toiletries.

I am 6 feet tall and was very happy with the new shower. There was an overhead rainfall shower head that was high enough for me, plus a large detachable shower head. No need for ducking.

There are plugs and USB ports all over the room! No matter where you sleep, there is a plug within reach. The little reading lights in the headboards were also very handy.

Resort:
We are convinced the EPCOT resorts are the best fit for our family, since we like to eat dinner in the World Showcase and walk in and out when the mood strikes.

I agree the Yacht Club is quieter than the BC, but the kids didn’t find it any less inviting. Stormalong Bay is easier to access from YC than from BC, which my girls liked, and the pool area is full of kids. I appreciated the fact the bus picks up and drops off at YC before BC, meaning we always had a seat going to the parks. The YC now has its own marketplace/quickserve location, so we now view YC/BC as fairly interchangeable.

We were very pleased with the Yacht Club.

Last edited:
YC is my very favorite resort on property. I tend to stay at whichever one is less when I go and have stayed at all the Epcot resorts including Swan and Dolphin but all things being equal, I'd be at YC every time.

Love the Yacht Club! Finally going back again on our next trip and thank you for this great review! :)

We have just returned from 1 night at AS Movies, followed by 6 nights at the Yacht Club. We are a family of four (daughters are 12 and 9) and thought the newly renovated rooms were fabulous.

For context, we have previously stayed at BWI, GF, CR, BC, POFQ and CB.

Dogs: We did not see, hear, smell or find any evidence of dogs at the Yacht Club. We saw two service dogs in the parks. The new dog policy did not affect us at all.

Room Checks: Nobody ever knocked on our door. We returned to our room every afternoon for swimming and relaxing on the balcony and were never bothered. Our room had always been made up during the morning while we were at the park. I didn’t see any sign of staff knocking on doors or conducting security checks in the halls. I noticed nothing that was different from our previous trips.

Renovated Rooms: We booked a garden view room and were assigned 2076, which overlooked the quiet pool. The view was lovely and I used the balcony daily. My only request was a room with a daybed, which was granted.

I love the new decor. The wood floors are not cold or sterile. The decor feels much warmer than photographs suggest and feels quite nautical. The theming is subtle, but definitely there. The rooms have lots of dark wood and feel like a very nice cruise ship cabin. There is tons of storage, especially since suitcases can now be stored under the beds.

The sliding door across the sink area is a very welcome addition. Combined with the shower/toilet room, it made a large, private and flexible dressing room. There were 5 cubbies underneath the sinks, so we each had space for our toiletries.

There are plugs and USB ports all over the room! No matter where you sleep, there is a plug within reach. The little reading lights in the headboards were also very handy.

Resort:
We are convinced the EPCOT resorts are the best fit for our family, since we like to eat dinner in the World Showcase and walk in and out when the mood strikes.

I agree the Yacht Club is quieter than the BC, but the kids didn’t find it any less inviting. Stormalong Bay is easier to access from YC than from BC, which my girls liked, and the pool area is full of kids. I appreciated the fact the bus picks up and drops off at YC before BC, meaning we always had a seat going to the parks. The YC now has its own marketplace/quickserve location, so we now view YC/BC as fairly interchangeable.

We were very pleased with the Yacht Club.

Great to read your review. From photos, the rooms look a little...less than cozy. I like the idea of luggage storage under the beds!

It sounds like you had a great trip!

Thanks for posting and sharing your resort experience. Welcome home!

Awesome! We stayed in YC back in March and were so impressed by the refurb! Beautifully designed rooms and the addition of the QS was such a bonus. Definitely one of our favorite resorts now!

Thanks for the review.We are staying there in August for the first time and can’t wait!!

We arrive in June and I can't wait. This resort is on our bucket list with the pool and 2 small kids. Thanks for the review.

We will be back at the Yacht Club in a little over a month! Cannot wait to stay in the new rooms, I know we will love the new decor. This is also our first time staying club level, so excited :D:Pinkbounc Thanks for the review :thumbsup2

Great to read your review. From photos, the rooms look a little...less than cozy. I like the idea of luggage storage under the beds!

I worried about that too, but we felt very cozy. If you have ever stayed in a Caribbean resort with ceramic tile floors in the room, this is different and much warmer (both in terms of temperature and ambience). The flooring has a bit of texture, so it didn’t feel cold or slippery underfoot. The tile in the sink and bathroom area was also textured and felt warmer than ceramic. The dark wood cabinets and the heavy blue curtains warm the room. It had a modern elegant feel.

My son and I stayed at the YC for the first time in February. I agree with everything you said. YC is our new favorite.

We stayed there a few years ago for the first time before the renovations and loved it!

we check into the YC this Friday. I am looking forward to it.

I hope you have a wonderful trip. The Flower and Garden Festival will still be on at EPCOT. We thought it added great atmosphere, especially in the evenings.

SO nice to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay at the YC! I have stayed at the BC twice and I just love it. I would be up to staying at the YC in the future, especially since its closer to SAB, that sounds great! Overall I also love the EPCOT resort area, it's just so convenient and beautiful!

Thanks for your review and comments on the referb!

DH and I will be staying at YC for the first time in September. I’m really looking forward to walking to Epcot since we’re going for F&W. Thanks for the review; makes me even more excited for our trip.

Great review, we stayed at the YC last November for 10 nights & loved it.
We were apprehensive about whether or not we would like the renovated rooms, but thought they were a great improvement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter