• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yacht Club Disabled Parking

I don't know if there is any other, but my DH and I stayed at YC over New Years and the parking was a fair ways away. I'd say at least 200 yds away and located in front of the check in area. We had a car, but didn't have DD with us, so we didn't use the handicapped parking. For the deluxe hotels, you can use valet parking at no charge (except for tip) if you have a handicapped parking permit.

When we were there 2 years ago it was pretty far from the door but they were doing construction and that might have changed some of the spots.

I have a handicapped placard and when we stayed at WL in January were not unaware of free valet parking. DH would drop me off at the door every night and nobody came over to us, he would just go park the car himself. We also went over to the Boardwalk for dinner and there were no handicap spots left and the CM said "oh well, it fills up fast, you will have to park where ever you can find room". Can anyone explain the policy for handicap placards and parking at WDW resorts? Thanks in advance for any and all information!

The current valet parking rules at WDW apply to all of the Disney Deluxe hotels (Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Contemorary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge).

There is a daily charge of $6.00. The first hotel each day, which will collect the money, will hang a color-coded and date-stamped tag from the mirror to show payment has been made. This allows re-use at that, or any other hotel, on the same date.

If you have a state-issued hang tag (blue or red) or HP plates they willl waive the charges. I am not sure of tags from other countries, but they will normally go out of their way to assist. I have also seen that they will waive the fee if there is a wheelchair or ECV involved; however I have been told by some valets that it is administratively easier if there is a hang tag in the car.

As the Swan and Dolphin, as well as the Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels, are not Disney owned and operated the rules may be different. However I do recall that at both the Dolphin and Grosvenor they did waive the valet fee with my hang tag.

Please be aware that the valets have always been a"tip position", similar to bell staff and full-service rtestaurant servers. I have known several of the valets (especially at the Contemporary) for many years. They say, and the valet tag clearly states, that no part of the fee goes to the valets. Since the policy when into effect a few years ago, they have taken a hit on their income.

I will tip BOTH when I drop off the car as well as when I pick it up. Normally I will tip the valets either $1.00 or $2.00 depending on the weather and other conditions if loading or unloading the ECV is not needed. If the valet does the loading/unloading of the ECV and also the disassembly/assembly I will tip $5.00 instead.

Over the years I have had a few times when there was need to load or unload the ECV and I did not get any assistance from a valet. In those rare circumstances not only was there no tip, but also a discussion with a supervisor.

This answer may be more than you wanted, but I think it does cover everything.

This answer may be more than you wanted, but I think it
does cover everything.
More is good!:D

I haven't measured the distance, but I would bet at some of the deluxe resorts, the handicap parking is actually just on the edge of being close enough to be legal. Some of it is quite far away (because they don't want parking "interfering" with the view of the resort). All of the deluxe resorts do have spots near the entrance that are marked with signs that say "for drop off of handicapped guests" or something like that and the wheelchair symbol. So they have a specific place set aside for drop off.

Disabled parking for Yacht Club is now in the valet area, starting with the 3rd space. (This is right across from the bus stop.) Beach Club disabled parking is still across the bridge.

If you use the free valet parking, be sure to check your hotel bill. We were there for 10 days, and the $6 charge showed up twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter