• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

XMAS Parade on TV!

Kenan

Earning My Ears
Hey All,
I was looking through the TV Guide and it shows that on December 25 (Christmas Day) there will be a LIVE taping of the Walt Disney World Merry Very Christmas Parade for 2 WHOLE straight hours! Special appearances by Aaron Carter, Charlotte Church, and Mandy Moore. Plus, there will be a Behind the Scenes tour of the whole entire resort led by Wayne Brady. The hosts of the show are Regis and Kelly. (I wonder if they taped it while they were down there taping there own show, or if they are down there again?) I just thought I let everyone know about this!
-Kenan

...quite a bit of taping (including Charlotte Church in the UK Pavilion. We also saw taping on different occasions in Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom, but I couldn't recognize any of those boy/girl flavor of the week bands if my Surprise Mornings depended on it) in WDW during our trip 12/1-12/9. Regis and Kelly were there early that week, and Wayne Brady was around for the Candlelight Processional we saw, as well. I'd bet they did the lion's share of the taping that week.

Jeff

What channel is it scheduled for? I will look, but the last time TV Guide had it scheduled, it didn't air in our area - big disappointment!

appearances by Aaron Carter

Ooooh man. I'll definatly be watching! He's my HERO!!
lol.gif
But I am glad that they'rr bringing back the
christmas parade. Last year's Christmas eve special wasn't that spectacular. :rolleyes:

I was there when it was taped on 12/6, saw Regis & Kelly. They ran it twice, once at 10:00am and once at noon. Since they only list the parade on disney.com at 2:00pm on 12/25, I don't know what part is "live" (they list it as "live" in my TV Guide also), I think it was all taped.

What time is it suposed to air? We really missed the parade on tv last year, glad to see it back!

Here in Pittsburgh, it's 10am to noon on Christmas morning, ABC. Not sure if it's the same everywhere.

I was watching Regis and Kelly when they returned from the world and this is how I took it about the parade. They said that they were very busy especially Regis, doing the live daily show plus he was taping who wants to be a millionare and finally they were mc to the parade. They said that it was very hard to ad lib. Since there was no parade around they were told what float/thing was coming next and they had to pretend that they were watching the parade. Maybe the parade part is live but I guess most of it isn't.

Oh, boy, this is going to be fun...

Can't wait to see the M:S preview! I remeber seeing Pooh's preview. Hey, mabey they'll put ToD's up!

I thought I heard the Baha Men were supposed to be on that show....not that I care....don't like Aaron Carter either.

I will watch this show though, if only to see the floats with the princesses, and Charlotte and Mandy singing. TV GUIDE says that Charlotte will sing Silent Night.

Thanks for the info, cant wait always gets us ready for our yearly trip to WDW,

:earsboy: :sunny: :earseek: :wave:

cmatt

The behind the scenes portion, as well as others, were filmed during the press event the first week of December. I saw portions of the behind the scenes taping with Mr Brady during my recent stay. He also did a nice job at the Canglelight Procession while he was there. They will also air a taped segment, that I happened to stumble across one night at MGM, which features Jose Feliciano singing "Feliz Navidad". He was on stage just in front of the Scorcerer's Hat and sang other festive songs as well, much to the delight of the small crowd that had gathered. It was unannounced and we just happened to be at the right place at the right time. We had arrived at the studios at 5pm to see Fantasmic, after which we saw Osborne lights. It was such a geat night for us and a special treat to see this performance, which was staged after most of the park had already emptied out. Expect to see similar taped performances by surprise guests during the special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter