• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

xcaret eco

zeke11

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done the xcaret eco excursion? If so, can you give some details -- i.e., how long it takes to get there, were there some ruins to explore?

I'm basically looking for an excursion to satisfy family of 6 - not easy!! Hubby wants to see ruins, but Tulum seems too extensive for the teens -- too long and too hot.

Xcaret seems like it has a bit of everything, yet I haven't heard much about it on the boards.

Any info would be great!!

Thanks!
Kris

Hi there,

I've been both to Xcaret and Tulum a few years ago while staying in Cancun. Xcaret is nice, no ruins there but a large lagoon/lake is there with a nice variety of fish and a huge amount of biting flies as the evening progresses. I enjoyed the snorkeling very much but chose not to wander into the Jungle too much due to the flies. The lagoon has rays all over the place as well as other fish. Tulum is pretty too look at for 5 minutes or so. It is set on a lovely beach with really rough surf. I have been to Chichen Itza which is really nice and much more substantial. I believe the other Mexican Pyramid expedition that I can't remember but goes towards Belize has much more to see but I can't comment on it since I haven't experienced it.

I can't comment on distances since Cancun was my jumping off point.
Enjoy your trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter