1 ½ tsps. Chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sugar
2 large eggs (or egg substitute)
8 oz sour cream
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
½ cup chopped green onions
sliced black olives (optional)

Put black beans into colander and rinse, drain corn. In small bowl, place tomatoes, enchilada sauce and spices, mix. Spoon about half of the tomatoes into pan
Stack the tortillas and cut into 3 strips. Cover the sauce with 5 strips.

Break the eggs into a small bowl and whip until frothy, add sour cream and half the cheese. Mix well and spread – one-half the mixture over the tortilla layer. Scatter half of the beans and corn over sour cram mixture.

Place 5 more tortilla strips over the bean and corn layer. Top with remaining sour cream, beans and corn. Place the remaining strips into dish and pour over the remaining tomato sauce mixture, spreading evenly to moisten all tortilla strips.

Cover the dish with foil and bake 30 minutes, remove foil scatter onions and olives and remaining cheese and bake an additional 5-10 mins. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes, cut into squares to serve.

My notes - I used flavored tomatoes - so adjusted the spices; left out the sugar, and I used the La Tortilla Factory tortillas and 2% cheese, no fat sour cream, unsalted corn (generally do unsalted if veggie is mixed into casserole - so just basically made it WW friendly.

Enjoy - my DH and I thought it was delicious!

Wild guess here....this is a WW recipe, right?

Kath-

Sorry I just read the instruction post - (ooooh does that make me sound like a man - write it, or put together first, then read instructions) yikes!! Oh - anyway, I found the recipe in a the newspaper, and adjusted to WW (my note at the bottom of first post).

thanks for taking care of the details - you are a gem!

{{{HUGS}}} Bebr. Great recipe. I just added it to the index :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter