X-stitch Framing - Do You Protect With Glass

CHIPSTER

DIS Veteran
We have a local crost stitch and framing shop and they do not use any glass when framing.

I usually use it - non-glare with UV protection. Guess I feel I put in a goodly amount of time and want to protect it.

What do you do?

i don't cross-stitch, but i have a few in my house and they are all framed with glass. i think that that protects them from little fingers and the enviroment. that is weird that they don't do that.

I think that "traditional" thinking is/was that glass didn'tallow the texture of the work to show and I guess some people believe that the fabric has to "breathe"... but I agree with you... I'd rather protect my hard work with glass. Check out getting archival or museum quality type glass.... it protects the work from UV fading and such... waaaaay more expensive than just standard glass, but worth it sometimes!!.....................P

Before I had 3 girls and had the time to x-stitch! ;) , I would have all of my pieces matted and framed. I always had glass put over my work as well. I can't imagine doing all the work and not protecting it from the elements.

Karen

I've done quite a few large counted cross stitch pictures. My mom is into it big time. I've lost count as to how many huge pictures she has done.

Anyways, she used to frame all of our pictures for us. She never used glass because it would hide the texture of the stitches and such. Well, after many many years, the pictures are I have are really starting to show the wear and dirt of just hanging on the walls. I wish now that she had used glass when she framed the pictures. My mom is getting up in her years now and doesn't do her own framing anymore. I think she actually has glass put in all her latest pictures.

If it were a choice I had to make now, I would definitely put glass over my pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter