• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(X) low carb buffalo chicken dip

jennz

DIS Veteran
I found this recipe on the cooking crafting board, just made it and it is awesome! I had some for lunch with celery sticks...total carbs for entire recipe is 22 (16 from cream cheese, 6 from cheddar)...this makes about 6 cups, so under 4 carbs/cup!

Buffalo Chicken Dip

INGREDIENTS:
2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup pepper sauce, such as Franks® Red Hot®
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
1 (8 ounce) box chicken-flavored crackers (not for low carbers!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers. (I just left it in the pan and skipped the slow cooker)

**this recipe could easily be halved!

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter