(X)LC - 3 Minute Chocolate Cake

Robinrs

DIS Veteran
I got this off of the Low Carb Friends site, it's delicious!

Ingredients -
1/4C Almond flour 2 carbs
1 T Cocoa Power 1
1/4 t Baking Power 0
5 packets of Splenda 5

2 T Melted Butter 0
1 T Water 0
1 Egg 0.6

In a 2 Cup Pyrex measuring cup...yeah, I made it in a the glass measuring cup, blend all dry ingredients. Add water, melted butter and egg...mix throughly.

Cover with plastic wrap (To vent, cut small slit in center of plastic wrap.) Microwave on high for 1 minute (I microwaved for 1 minute 10 seconds...you need to adjust as you think is right)

Cool a bit, eat warm with whipped cream or cool completely to ice cake. This could serve at least 2 people, maybe three. When this comes out of the microwave, it looks a bit wet but drys as it cools. Cake without icing is 8.6 carbs. The person who sent it to me frosted it with a combination of Twist and Cream Cheese mixed together.

-----------------------------------

I didn't frost this at all and it was soooo good. I used one capful of Davinci Hazelnut in it in the place of one packet of Splenda, delicious! I used a small pyrex casserole in place of the cup. Michael and I nearly fought over it!

I am a confirmed chocoholic and lazy to boot so this recipe seems right up my alley. I think I will make some tomorrow as I have a bag of almond flour waiting for my use. Thank you for posting this.

Slightly Goofy/Linda

Hope you like it, Linda. I've made it once because it is so good it barely makes it out of the kitchen! I've decided it'll be a once a month treat!

Hi Robin

I noticed that the cake is over 300 calories for the one serving. I count calories as well as carbs. Even though I have found that I can eat more calories if low carb this cake will have to be a special treat occasionally for me as well. Great to know that there is something I can have once in awhile anyway. LOL

I have my 6 year old grandson this week, during Spring Break, and while he is a lovely and fun child I will deserve some sort of treat Friday night. LOL Seems I always lose a lot of weight when he is around though. Might just have to keep him more often. LOL

Matris/Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter