(X)Chicken Stir Fry - Atkins or WW

septbride2002

"TO MILE 9!!!"
This was really really good.

You will need:
1 lb chicken breast cut into strips
1 tsp. of oil (or Pam cooking spray for WW)
1 can of Mushroom Soup (or 98% Fat Free for WW)
4 TBsp of Terraki Sauce (or 3 tsp. of Soy Sauce depending on how salty you like food)
1 tsp of Garlic Poweder
1/2 bag of mixed veggies

cut up 4 breast into strips and put them in a pan with oil until they were done.
Then I poured a can of Mushroom Soup over the chicken, 4 tbsp of Terraki sauce, and 1 tsp. of Garlic Powerder then I added half a bag of frozen broccoli. I

t was so unbelievably good! You can serve it over rice if you want to do but since I am Atkins I didn't. DH had 2 bowls of this and so did I. There is barely any left for lunch tomorrow. DH asked me when I am making it again. :)

I'm not sure of the Fat and Calories but there were 9 g of carbs per serving and 1 g of Fiber - estimating 5 grams of carbs per serving on this recipie (w/o rice). You will need to calculate carbs for the veggies you use though.

~Amanda

Sounds good, but it also sounds like this might be more for Atkins maintenance, or those just cutting down on carbs.

Canned cream of mushroom soup is full of starch carbs... you can make your own "cream of" soups with heavy cream and fresh vegetables, and have far fewer carbs, and avoid that blood-sugar-raising starch. Also be aware that teryaki sauce is loaded with sugar.

To further cut down on carbs, you'd want to use vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, peppers. You'd want to avoid the mixed veggies with corn, lima beans, peas, carrots, etc.

The nutritional count for your recipe is:

Per Recipe (including 8 ounces of frozen mixed vegetables): 1194 Calories; 62g Fat (46.8% calories from fat); 93g Protein; 67g Carbohydrate; 10g Dietary Fiber; 235mg Cholesterol; 5566mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 11 Lean Meat; 8 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat.

I'm not on Atkins Maintence - I'm doing Protein Power in which we are allowed 30 g of carbs a day. The Terraki sauce has 2 carbs per Tbsp - you use 3 so 6 carbs and then Cream of Mushroom has 8 carbs (minus the dietary fiber) and there are 2.5 servings per can so 20 carbs for the whole can so you are up to 26 carbs for the whole dish divided by 4 servings is 5 carbs per serving for the sauce. I stuck with frozen broccoli which is pretty much carb free for my veggie.

Please let me know how you came up with 67 grams of carbs.

~Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter