• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wyndham Resort at DTD

*Flower*

Needs to Win the Lottery!!
Has anyone stayed at the Wyndham Resort at DTD?

We have an overflow booking there from SoG (we had to cancel our CR/SoG ressie due to business conflicts) and are kind of curious about accommodations, amenities, possible upgrades- etc.

Any information would be appreciated!!

TIA!

We spent one night there last summer before heading to Vero Beach for a few nights. The rooms are very nice. It has more of a hotel feel than Disney feel. They use Bath and Body Works products in the bathrooms. Beds were very comfortable. They did have transportation to the park, but we drove our own car instead.

Hi flower,

bmleroy is staying at Wyndham now, and posted a very negative review this past week.

Do a search for her name to find it.

Hercamore is right, I just got back from 8 days at the Wyndham. I posted a review at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=173740.

Unfortunately, the Wyndham no longer uses Bath and Body Works products. I got hotel brand toiletries on my first day and they didn't leave any more until the last day. I brought my own shampoo and such with me so it wasn't a big deal.

The room was worn but the beds were quite comfortable. I remember when we arrived the sheets on the bed were a bit rumpled, and I thought it was strange but not totally unexpected in light of the quality of the room. Later, I read in the guest services guide that guest room sheets are only changed every four days for environmental reasons. I assumed (and really hope) that meant every four days per guest visit, not in general, but a reply on my review about disgusting unchanged sheets made me wonder - would the Wyndham really not change their sheets between guests? I really hope that wasn't the case.

I'm a WBR member and when I arrived, the front desk said I was checked in at 3:00 pm because I was WBR member even though I didn't arrive until close to midnight. I didn't receive any upgrades, even though WBR members are upgraded for free when available, but I suspect the hotel was quite full when I was there.

In terms of amenities, there weren't many. The room had a balcony that my fiance refused to go on because he questioned the structural integrity of the building (can you tell we had some bad luck with our room?) and a view of Spaceship Earth. The desk had a Herman Miller chair, which is heavily promoted, and I didn't think it was anything special - just an unpadded computer desk chair. There are two bottles of water left on the TV stand - read the label carefully, you're free to enjoy them for $3.50. We didn't get the minibar key.

The TV has rental movies for $10.99, mostly older new releases on the video market and a couple not yet released to the video market. There were perhaps two dozen cable channels on the TV.

In general, it's an older property with decent grounds, an average pool, a great location, and (and least in our part of the hotel) subpar rooms. We paid $65 a night thru Priceline and felt ripped off. Based on location alone, if I could get it thru Priceline again, I would pay no more than $40 or so, and plan to spend very little time there.

Brandy

Thanks for the information-

The reviews seem to be blowing hot and cold for this resort-
At least we'll be only in there this one time.... we probably might have preferred POR, but the overflow rate was not wonderful.....

Hope your next trip is better-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter