• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

wyndham grand orlando resort bonnet creek questions

Shellbells

DIS Veteran
We've never stayed off property before and these threads are confusing me. Everyone refers to "Bonett Creek" but a lot of resorts and hotels have Bonett creek in the name so I don't know which one people are referring to.
We are trying to decide if we should book through Disney or just buy everything individually.
Does Wyndham Grand Orlando resort bonnet creek have resort fees if you book through Disney?
I'm thinking of adding the dining card if we book through Disney. It says you pick how many days you want. If you don't use all the money on say, day 1, does it just add the left over money to day 2?
Do you guys recommend booking through Disney or just buying ticket and hotel separately? Pros or cons of each?
One last question, if you book off site, can I still make ADR'S at 60 days?
Sorry for all the questions, I just can't figure all of this out.

We've never stayed off property before and these threads are confusing me. Everyone refers to "Bonett Creek" but a lot of resorts and hotels have Bonett creek in the name so I don't know which one people are referring to.

We are trying to decide if we should book through Disney or just buy everything individually.

Does Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek have resort fees if you book through Disney?

I'm thinking of adding the dining card if we book through Disney. It says you pick how many days you want. If you don't use all the money on say, day 1, does it just add the left over money to day 2?

Do you guys recommend booking through Disney or just buying ticket and hotel separately? Pros or cons of each?

One last question, if you book off site, can I still make ADR'S at 60 days?

Sorry for all the questions, I just can't figure all of this out.

There is a Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek with a Waldorf Bonnet Creek (they share amenities) and there is a Marriott Bonnet Creek.

MOST talk about the Wyndhams which have been there the longest.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort are timeshare style condos in high rises arranged around a lake. They have wonderful amenities. There are lots of ways to book them.

Wyndham Grand Orlando Bonnet Creek is a full service hotel that is situated in between some of the above buildings. They share the same pools etc.

You can book the HOTEL via Disney website but be sure to check park availability as you will still need a reservation each day to enter a park. I have never found an advantage to booking a package unless I was using Disney's "Free Dining" with certain minimums but this is not Disney.

Perhaps an advantage is if you book a package with tickets, should you cancel the tickets cancel. If you book and hotel and buy your own tickets, if you cancel hotel you are stuck with the tickets.

Mandatory Fees at the hotel still apply so that would be Resort Fee (which should include a park shuttle bus) and Parking Fees.

Dining "Card" ... I know some hotels offered a kind of dining debit card if that is what you mean. If you mean Disney Dining Plan, right now it does not exist and you need to stay at a Disney hotel. If this is important to you start looking back at the Disney hotels.

The ADRs have been 60 days for anyone and 60+10 days for those staying at Disney hotels. So yes you still get 60 days.

There are a total of five separate resorts clustered in the same area that share the name "Bonnet Creek".. The resorts are the following (websites linked):
*Only the Hilton, Waldorf, and Wyndham Grand are Disney Good Neighbor Hotels. IMHO, out of these three hotels, my personal favorite is the Hilton Bonnet Creek!

Hope this helps! :)

Here's a Disney webpage describing the Quick Service dining card: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resort-add-ons/dine-card/add/

It says "You can use the card’s value as you like, and even spend the entire value in one day." So, it would seem that any leftover value from Day 1 would be added to Day 2, etc. However, I've never had any such card and have no actual experience as to how it works. I suspect they're new, since the dining plan was suspended. I suspect it expires at the end of your trip, whether you used all the value or not, but don't even know that for sure. I don't know how these cards work with mobile dining.

The pros and cons of booking a Disney hotel as a package vs. as separate room and tickets are discussed here: https://www.mousesavers.com/walt-di...-room-only-reservations-vs-vacation-packages/

Of course, booking a non-Disney hotel through Disney is somewhat different, but has some of the same considerations. That linked article was written before the Quick Service dining card came out, I'm sure, so that's another wrinkle to consider. You should, of course, compare the price Disney is quoting you for the package vs, the prices of the individual elements purchased separately.

Good luck.

There are a total of five separate resorts clustered in the same area that share the name "Bonnet Creek".. The resorts are the following (websites linked):
*Only the Hilton, Waldorf, and Wyndham Grand are Disney Good Neighbor Hotels. IMHO, out of these three hotels, my personal favorite is the Hilton Bonnet Creek!

Hope this helps! :)

Those hotels are all located on the Bonnet Creek property and called "Walt Disney World Official Hotels: Bonnet Creek" ... they are not Good Neighbor Hotels, that is a whole different category.

The hotel categories are:

- Disney Resorts Collection (Disney owned hotels)
- Other Select Deluxe Hotels (Dolphin and Swan)
- Four Seasons (it's own category)
- Walt Disney World Official Hotels: Disney Springs Area
- Walt Disney World Official Hotels: Bonnet Creek
- Walt Disney World Gateway Hotels (Flamingo Crossing)
- Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotels (surrounding areas)

Each category has different perks. Some are worth something, some not.

I agree if I were choosing a Bonnet Creek hotel it would be the Hilton.

Those hotels are all located on the Bonnet Creek property and called "Walt Disney World Official Hotels: Bonnet Creek" ... they are not Good Neighbor Hotels, that is a whole different category.

The hotel categories are:

- Disney Resorts Collection (Disney owned hotels)
- Other Select Deluxe Hotels (Dolphin and Swan)
- Four Seasons (it's own category)
- Walt Disney World Official Hotels: Disney Springs Area
- Walt Disney World Official Hotels: Bonnet Creek
- Walt Disney World Gateway Hotels (Flamingo Crossing)
- Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotels (surrounding areas)

Each category has different perks. Some are worth something, some not.

I agree if I were choosing a Bonnet Creek hotel it would be the Hilton.

Thank you HopperFan! This is what I meant, they are official Disney partner hotels..

I found some more info concerning the quick service dining card. It has apparently been around since 2017. For an adult (10+), they're letting you buy $40 worth of quick service food for each $35 you pay. I could probably eat $40 worth of quick service food at Disney in a day, if I'm eating a quick service breakfast, lunch and dinner there that day. But if you eat breakfast at the Wyndham before going to Disney, or plan to have some table service meals, that's going to diminish the value of the dining card perk for booking through Disney. Since you (OP) asked about ADRs, I assume you're not planning all quick service meals. By all means, feel free to buy the quick service dining card if you do book through Disney, but realize it has limited value and that you probably shouldn't buy it for every day of your trip.

Thank you very much everyone. This was the exact information I was looking for. We're still trying to decide if we should stay off property or not. The WDW rooms are so limited when we want to go in early November and I'm not holding out hope of a special offer because of that.
I'm going to look into the Hilton.
As for the dining cards, we might get 1 or two days but will definitely not get it for the length of stay. We always do at least one sit down a day.
You guys are so amazing and nice to take the time to share your knowledge. I really appreciate it.

If you do commit to staying at the Wyndham Grand Orlando or the Hilton Bonnet Creek, Hotwire has some good Hot Rate discounts for early November. I'm pretty sure those are the two hotels in this screen shot from a search I did for November 8-12:

For tips on how to ID the hotel in a Hotwire Hot Rate, see Post 7,335 on this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/priceline-express-deals.3598657/page-367

Although the post is talking about ID'ing Disney resorts, the advice applies to all hotels on the Resort Matcher, which includes all the Bonnet Creek area hotels. There is always "some" risk that you'll misidentify a hotel and get another one nearby.

Caution: Hotwire Hot Rate deals are prepaid and non-refundable. Look for them only if you're fully committed to going on your trip and willing to stay at the hotel you get.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter