Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista

Stewa646

Earning My Ears
I just wanted to give a shout out to this hotel. Over memorial week my wife and I decided on a week long spontaneous trip to Disney and ended up picking this place. Because of it being last minute we wanted to save as much money as we could, while still having an "easy" time getting to where we needed. Every time we go, we have always stayed at the Swan and Dolphin so that really is our only other point of reference.

We did plenty of research and based on reviews we have read on various sites we were a little hesistant, but I am glad we decided to go for it. I will start off by saying yes, if you are going with kids that want to be fully hit with the disney feel every second of the trip, this hotel isn't for you. But if you are going as a couple, or with kids that don't care about disney theming in the hotel this could be a great option to save some money. The Garden Inn side is motel style, but we had no issues with that. The halls to the rooms had motely feel, but never felt unsafe or dirty. Maybe we got lucky with quiet neighbors, but we did not hear a peep when we were in our room. Our room was clean, albeit smaller and we got house keeping every day.

They have a shuttle to each of the parks that you just have to sign up for the night before that picks you up right at the lobby, and for all 5 days we went they were on time both at the hotel and picking up at the park. The only negative is they only pick up from the park every 45 minutes after the hour, with the last shuttle being 45 minutes after park close. We never had an issue leaving on that last shuttle, but we also looked at uber prices just in case we did and the highest price we saw was $19, so not bad. Finally, and this was the number 1 reason we chose it, was being the closest hotel to Disney Springs. It was an easy 8 minute, well lighted, and very safe walk from the front door of our room to the security line of DS. We LOVED being able to walk on over after a day at the parks to get some food/ice cream.

We were able to book this hotel using hotwire for $95 a night (that was INCLUDING the $34 a night resort fee). We look and see it at this price often so not a hard price to replicate. A much cheaper price then the $260 a night at the Swolphin (which is actually pretty cheap for that place).

All in all, I just wanted to give this hotel/motel some love, as for the price you save compared to disney hotels I would 100% say this is one that is worth it (even compared to other disney springs hotels that can be $150/$200 a night). With the lack of recent reviews, and a good chunk of stating the hotel is kinda meh (mainly due to overexpecting what type of hotel it is), I decided to chime in to give people on the fence about it another opinion.

TLDR: A great value for the price, can often find for $100. For trips where you don't want to break the bank, it is a great option with easy access to DS and a good shuttle system for the parks. A great hotel if you have your expectations in check for what it is!

I know it's been a while since you left your review but are the park shuttles accessible (meaning can accommodate scooters)? Thanks!

I just wanted to give a shout out to this hotel. Over memorial week my wife and I decided on a week long spontaneous trip to Disney and ended up picking this place. Because of it being last minute we wanted to save as much money as we could, while still having an "easy" time getting to where we needed. Every time we go, we have always stayed at the Swan and Dolphin so that really is our only other point of reference.

We did plenty of research and based on reviews we have read on various sites we were a little hesistant, but I am glad we decided to go for it. I will start off by saying yes, if you are going with kids that want to be fully hit with the disney feel every second of the trip, this hotel isn't for you. But if you are going as a couple, or with kids that don't care about disney theming in the hotel this could be a great option to save some money. The Garden Inn side is motel style, but we had no issues with that. The halls to the rooms had motely feel, but never felt unsafe or dirty. Maybe we got lucky with quiet neighbors, but we did not hear a peep when we were in our room. Our room was clean, albeit smaller and we got house keeping every day.

They have a shuttle to each of the parks that you just have to sign up for the night before that picks you up right at the lobby, and for all 5 days we went they were on time both at the hotel and picking up at the park. The only negative is they only pick up from the park every 45 minutes after the hour, with the last shuttle being 45 minutes after park close. We never had an issue leaving on that last shuttle, but we also looked at uber prices just in case we did and the highest price we saw was $19, so not bad. Finally, and this was the number 1 reason we chose it, was being the closest hotel to Disney Springs. It was an easy 8 minute, well lighted, and very safe walk from the front door of our room to the security line of DS. We LOVED being able to walk on over after a day at the parks to get some food/ice cream.

We were able to book this hotel using hotwire for $95 a night (that was INCLUDING the $34 a night resort fee). We look and see it at this price often so not a hard price to replicate. A much cheaper price then the $260 a night at the Swolphin (which is actually pretty cheap for that place).

All in all, I just wanted to give this hotel/motel some love, as for the price you save compared to disney hotels I would 100% say this is one that is worth it (even compared to other disney springs hotels that can be $150/$200 a night). With the lack of recent reviews, and a good chunk of stating the hotel is kinda meh (mainly due to overexpecting what type of hotel it is), I decided to chime in to give people on the fence about it another opinion.

TLDR: A great value for the price, can often find for $100. For trips where you don't want to break the bank, it is a great option with easy access to DS and a good shuttle system for the parks. A great hotel if you have your expectations in check for what it is!

I know it's been a while since you left your review but are the park shuttles accessible (meaning can accommodate scooters)? Thanks!
I know when reserving your shuttle ticket they have an option for people with scooters so based on that yes. I didn't see anyone using one when we used it though so can't comment on how smooth the process is!

This hotel shares a bus with Holiday Inn across the street and yes they're accessible, you have to input that need on the reserve form the night before. I like this hotel, I think it's the easiest walk to Springs,and I like the pool.

I came across your very helpful review :) Any suggestions on how to determine it is this specific hotel on Hotwire? For the dates we are looking at (first week of May), Pop is $200/night after fees so this would be a huge savings. And the free shuttle is a huge plus (no need to spend on uber).

ANy recs on room choices? I hear the tower is different from garden...... and tho I like nice rooms, I really value stepping right outside also.... just want to avoid crummy room choices/sections

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter