Wyndham Cypress Palms - helpful details?

ClapYourHands

DIS Veteran
We are heading down in August, and I booked a week at Wyndham Cypress Palms. From the search feature and reviews on other sites, it seems like a solid but basic timeshare. We will mostly be at Universal, so the biggest drawback is the traffic, but the price was right for a unit that sleeps our family of 8.

Does anyone have any tips to help me plan and make the most of this stay?

There will be construction, including pool renovation, when we are there. Suggestions as to when/where to request a unit? I don’t have super high hopes as I went through Sky Auction, so they probably won’t even have my name on the reservation until a week or two before we check in, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

What can I expect to find in the kitchen? I assume basic knives, pans, bowls, cutting boards, etc. Any chance for more specialized tools like meat thermometer or vegetable peeler? I’m aiming for no more than one restaurant meal per day, either because I come back to cook or take prepared lunch in a cooler.

Will I need to provide my own toilet paper, dish soap, shampoo, etc? If the resort provides it, do they bring replacements if we run out? I’m more used to Airbnb situations where the host spells out these details.

Anything else I should keep in mind?

meat thermometer or vegetable peeler
No on the thermometer; I've never seen one in a timeshare. Probably yes on the peeler.

Will I need to provide my own toilet paper, dish soap, shampoo, etc?
No, you'll have at least enough to get started. They'll replenish most any of it if you ask, but the toiletries might be an exception--I'm not sure about that one because we usually bring our own toiletries. We are picky.

We are heading down in August, and I booked a week at Wyndham Cypress Palms. From the search feature and reviews on other sites, it seems like a solid but basic timeshare. We will mostly be at Universal, so the biggest drawback is the traffic, but the price was right for a unit that sleeps our family of 8.

Does anyone have any tips to help me plan and make the most of this stay?

There will be construction, including pool renovation, when we are there. Suggestions as to when/where to request a unit? I don’t have super high hopes as I went through Sky Auction, so they probably won’t even have my name on the reservation until a week or two before we check in, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

What can I expect to find in the kitchen? I assume basic knives, pans, bowls, cutting boards, etc. Any chance for more specialized tools like meat thermometer or vegetable peeler? I’m aiming for no more than one restaurant meal per day, either because I come back to cook or take prepared lunch in a cooler.

Will I need to provide my own toilet paper, dish soap, shampoo, etc? If the resort provides it, do they bring replacements if we run out? I’m more used to Airbnb situations where the host spells out these details.

Anything else I should keep in mind?
Wyndham and Worldmark and Marriot all tend to do a pretty go job with their timeshare units. They are usually fairly well maintained and remodeled often enough. I can't always say that about OTHER timeshare units from other companies. But I have found you can usually trust those 3, to have a good experience.

As an aside, I’d add Hilton to the “reliably good” list. I’m sitting at Kings Land in Waikoloa right now. It is spectacular and one of our favorites. There were a few housekeeping hiccups but staffing is a challenge everywhere right now.

IMG_1403.jpeg

Wyndham and Worldmark and Marriot all tend to do a pretty go job with their timeshare units. They are usually fairly well maintained and remodeled often enough. I can't always say that about OTHER timeshare units from other companies. But I have found you can usually trust those 3, to have a good experience.
As an aside, I’d add Hilton to the “reliably good” list. I’m sitting at Kings Land in Waikoloa right now. It is spectacular and one of our favorites. There were a few housekeeping hiccups but staffing is a challenge everywhere right now.
Thank you both for your brand suggestions. If this goes well, I might be on the lookout for more of these types of stays.

Right now I’m most apprehensive about the thing no one can predict: other guests. There were some responses on the Star Island thread @WDWOswald started that make me a little nervous about who else is taking advantage of the low rates. I’m hoping that my mid-late August timeframe is less likely to draw a party crowd. But then again, maybe our six kids make us the rowdy family in other travelers’ eyes. For the record, we’re not rude or smokers or anything, just excited to be there and kind of a lot of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter