Wyndham Bonnet Creek vs Dolphin

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort vs Dolphin Resort

• Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JM_97

DIS Veteran
Which would you stay at? Not sure if a Disney owned property is going to be in the budget so looking at other options. I know Dolphin has one of the best locations but have heard great things about the Wyndham and the price point on AirBnb is tempting.

Any recs? Pros? Cons? I've stayed at the Contemporary and All Star Movies so either would be a brand new experience.

We have stayed at both more than once.

You’ll get a lot more space at WBC for your buck. Their one and two bedroom suites are much larger than DVC villas. You’ll have access to multiple pools.

But you 100% will need a car at WBC, or be willing to Uber every day, as their bus service is not timely.

The Dolphin is within walking distance of two theme parks, or just take the boat. The pools are are nice there too.

But the Dolphin charges a ton for parking and has a very expensive resort fee; I think both are around $30 each now.

If it’s two adults, I’d go with the Dolphin. If it’s a large family, I’d go with a 2-bedroom at WBC.

"If it’s two adults, I’d go with the Dolphin. If it’s a large family, I’d go with a 2-bedroom at WBC."

Agree with this. I loved Dolphin as a couples trip. Paired with park hoppers, we had a great time popping into Epcot to eat and drink each night or just enjoyed things over at the BoardWalk.

No car= a vacation to me. Being able to walk to 2 parks is wonderful.

- How much space do you want?
- Will you have car?
- Driving theme park fee vs Parking Fees?
- Will you be spending lots of time at Epcot or DHS?
- Price differences (with fees)?
- Will you do much resort time?
- Is Kitchen and/or Laundry a plus?

Last edited:
Gotta throw us some more info. Are you going to EP and DHS? That would make Dolphin rocket up my list.

If I can't or don't want to pay for a WDW deluxe, I always stay at Dolphin. You do need to factor in their silly resort fee and parking fee if you are driving. Just as an aside, I don't know why they don't just go ahead and build that resort fee into the room price. I was playing around the other day just for fun, I have an upcoming trip starting next Sat. the 15th and am at the Dolphin for 5 days. I looked to see what was available at a WDW resort for that time frame and could actually get AKL for less after I factored in parking and the resort fee. I was tempted to switch since I intend to either upgrade my tickets to AP or flat buy an AP while I'm there and saving a few hundred could have gone to that. However, I do have PHs and I do spend part of every day at Epcot and being able to walk over there or HS on just a whim after 2 meant more to me. I park my car and don't get in it again until time to leave, I hate driving at home I'm certainly not doing it on vacation. I also hate cooking at home so the benefits of a kitchen mean nothing to me and I probably wouldn't do laundry even if I had the washer and dryer. It really depends on your own needs though.

Well they used to hide the “fees “ and now Full Disclosure /legal, etc.
Front desk does not want to have to handle guests dispute upon arrival … … I am expecting more surprise fees in Florida .
and now make sure you verify the Cancel Policy everytime!

I just found a new rate for SwanDolphin for Annual Passholder Rate use Code QWH or call 1-888-828-8850
Limited Time Availability but I booked NYE for 2 nights Swan 2Queen Balcony for $439 per night …plus tax and parking resort fees but it does include the Swan Boat complimentary!
Verified 5 day before arrival Cancel Policy but Not giving this reservation up!

Last edited:
Swolphin is also eligible for EEH at WDW parks. Could be useful. It’s usually Monday nights at Epcot, Wednesday nights at MK. Check a calendar for your stay dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter