WWYD with teens during a free morning/lunch - no park

NashvilleMama

DIS Veteran
We're arriving on a Weds night a day ahead of the rest of our family due to how the flights worked out. I have 2 teen girls who will surely want to sleep in, but any fun suggestions for what we could do to kill time for a fun lunch or something in the area until mid-afternoon? No park tickets (although frankly am on the fence and tempted to get them for that day).

all ideas welcomed!

Mini golf? Bowling at Spiltsville? Disney Springs is always a good place to kill some time. You could get tapas at Jaleo or get appetizers and drinks at Jock Lindsey.

Have y'all been to WDW before? Where are you staying? How many park days does the group have planned, not counting that Thursday when you might get tickets?

Posts above have made some great suggestions! You could also consider brunch at Boma (no characters) or Topolino's (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy); ride the monorail around the Resort loop and stop off for snacks and visit each resort; ride the boat from Contemporary to Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness; visit the stables at Ft. Wilderness.

Have y'all been to WDW before? Where are you staying? How many park days does the group have planned, not counting that Thursday when you might get tickets?

Posts above have made some great suggestions! You could also consider brunch at Boma (no characters) or Topolino's (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy); ride the monorail around the Resort loop and stop off for snacks and visit each resort; ride the boat from Contemporary to Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness; visit the stables at Ft. Wilderness.
Yes, we go often - this is a quick trip with first timers so just a 1 day park visit (MK) on Friday, but they won't be with us yet on Thursday so trying to think of something new (to us) to do that I may not have thought of! Great suggestions on here so thank you!!

Yes, we go often - this is a quick trip with first timers so just a 1 day park visit (MK) on Friday, but they won't be with us yet on Thursday so trying to think of something new (to us) to do that I may not have thought of! Great suggestions on here so thank you!!
I wanted to add to my list - the boat between CR, WL and FW just resumed in early October, and I forgot that it doesn't start running until late afternoon, I think 4 PM or so. But if y'all wanted to visit the stables, you could always take the bus from a park to FW and then the internal bus to the Settlement area, where the stables are.

We've never been to AKL or eaten at Sanaa so debating doing that and have an ADR held - is there anything fun to do, e.g. walk around the resort or can you see the animals other than through the restaurant viewing windows?

Sanaa is over at Kidani (DVC side). They have an animal viewing area outside the restaurant. You can also walk over to Jambo where there’s more animal viewing. Boma at Jambo does breakfast at their buffet until 1130

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter