• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WWYD - Skip HS?

musika

Everybody wants to be a cat.
We are going in April and based on other threads on the boards it looks very likely that TSMM will be entirely closed during our trip. Our kids are littles, 6 and 2, so the 6yo would only be able to go on ToT I think, and the 2yo of course won't be tall enough for anything.

While my kids do enjoy shows, we will not have park hoppers and I am strongly considering skipping the park altogether in favour of a 2nd day elsewhere. WWYD in our situation? We have 5 days, no park hoppers, and were originally planning 2 days in MK and 1 day in each of the others.

We are not big fans of HS. We usually go for 1/2 - 1 day, but will likely be skipping it on our next trip. Last time I think we were ready to leave after just a few hours.

I love DHS, but yeah, I'd skip it in your case too. I think you could go with any of the other parks and have a great time. Third day at MK or second day at AK or Epcot. Maybe do a half day with your three FP and a resort day the other half... whether you do morning in the park or sleep in and evening in the park.

I would skip it. We are only planning half a day out of seven on our next trip.

We only spent a few hours at HS this last trip and we could’ve truly done without it. With your small kids, as long as they aren’t super into SW I’d do a third day at MK or second at Epcot instead.

Yep, skip HS. It's not worth the hassle until there are more rides open. Second day at Epcot would be my vote. My kids (6 at the time of last trip in August), loved Soarin and Test Track. They also love Mitzukoshi Dept in Japan and watching the stacking chair guy in France.

I would either go to Universal Studios /IOA but if you go every year or so. Wait until they are older.

I did not do a rest day . You really can and should. So doing a day at Animal Kingdom , two at magic kingdom and one at Epcot.

You could get the hopper and split it with a second day at animal kingdom at night and see Hollywood/mgm in the day.

Especially if you are staying at deluxe or art of animation. Do a day there

Last edited:
Is your 6 yo a star wars fan?

We do really list HS but with the age of your kids and the limited rides I tend to agree that you could skip. I would vote for 2 days at AK given the new world and the age of your kids.

Yup, I'd skip too. I was going to skip it on our upcoming trip (same age kids), but my 6 year old really wants to do RN
RC and he's tall enough (I'm pretty sure...we should measure again soon to avoid heartbreak!). TSMM will still be open for our trip, too, so there's a bit more for us--but we have park hoppers, too, so we're planning to just have some of us pop over for a few hours. Without hoppers I don't think I'd want to waste a day's ticket on it.

We might still drop it from our plans--definitely will if it looks like my big kid is borderline on height.

We are going in April and based on other threads on the boards it looks very likely that TSMM will be entirely closed during our trip. Our kids are littles, 6 and 2, so the 6yo would only be able to go on ToT I think, and the 2yo of course won't be tall enough for anything.

While my kids do enjoy shows, we will not have park hoppers and I am strongly considering skipping the park altogether in favour of a 2nd day elsewhere. WWYD in our situation? We have 5 days, no park hoppers, and were originally planning 2 days in MK and 1 day in each of the others.

I would not base my decision on rides alone. At that age group, the highlight of their trip might be the Disney Junior show and the meeting the characters. With 5 days in the parks, I might do Hollywood Studios in the morning, take a nice pool break, then go back in the evening to watch Fantasmic or the Star Wars fireworks depending on your tastes.

One nice thing about Hollywood Studios is that it is more show-based, which means a lot less waiting in line and, which is torture with small kids. It also means everyone can go, even the 2-year-old.

With the ages of your little ones I can see why you are not going to my favorite park (Hollywood) so have you thought of extra time at Magic Kingdom? When my daughter was five we had to ride Small World 5 times in 2 days. MK has a lot geared for little ones and we are doing 3 days there on our next trip because of all you can do.

Skip it! We are so bummed as we go in April also. TSM is my favorite ride there, so no draw for me to even go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter