WWYD for One Adult Evening?

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
Please move to appropriate forum if this isn't best:

Kids are set up for Camp Dolphin on the Friday evening of our trip. We have some options:

F&W (expecting large crowds - last weekend of F&W)
Eating at Dolphin/Swan - we'd get a discount - I think maybe one free entree
DS restaurant (we did Morimoto's on our last trip - so good - did the chef's table and it was so amazing)
Jiko
MVMCP (last of the ranking - would miss the kids during this)

MVMCP! Assuming your group will be going to MK on a different day, go to the Christmas party and and get to enjoy the park as you never have before. Have dinner at a monorail resort and then go to MK and know that your kids are having a great time at Camp Dolphin and will be going with you to MK a different day.

My vote is F&W. DH and I had an adult-only trip last year, and trying different dishes and wines together was so much fun. At that time, we were pretty good at going out for traditional “date nights,” so going to a signature restaurant wasn’t AS appealing.

But, if you decide to do Signature Dining, I would suggest Tiffins if you are planning on visiting a park that day. I love Tiffins so much for the location, theming, and delicious food!

I don’t think MVMCP would be appealing for *us* because of the crowds and craziness.

Are you doing MVMCP with the kids another day? I don't think I could do MVMCP without my kids. I would feel guilty.

We did our first date night when the kids were older and stayed at the room themselves. We had a ten night trip and had a planned date night at Cali Grill. It was great!! We had two unplanned date nights. One night the kids didn't want to go out with us so we went to Epcot ourselves and ate and drank around the world. It wasn't F&W festival. Another night they were being huge brats so we left them in the room and hit up Trader Sam's.

My favorite of the three was definitely eating and drinking around the world at Epcot.

I probably wouldn't do the MVMCP without the kids, I know my son would be heartbroken if I left him out of that. I would go and enjoy F&W. Yes it will be busy but you can roam as you please and try different things.

Are you doing MVMCP with the kids another day? I don't think I could do MVMCP without my kids. I would feel guilty.

We did our first date night when the kids were older and stayed at the room themselves. We had a ten night trip and had a planned date night at Cali Grill. It was great!! We had two unplanned date nights. One night the kids didn't want to go out with us so we went to Epcot ourselves and ate and drank around the world. It wasn't F&W festival. Another night they were being huge brats so we left them in the room and hit up Trader Sam's.

My favorite of the three was definitely eating and drinking around the world at Epcot.
I second doing Cali Grill date night. You could time it so you watch the MVMCP fireworks from the balcony with a glass of wine in hand! Otherwise you can't go wrong with Shula's steakhouse or one of the other Swolphin sigs - all are so good!

Thanks everyone. Didn't really know about California Grill and watching fireworks. No ADRs available now but I'll keep checking. We assumed we would just do F&W since we are so close, but we have EP as our Wednesday, and Thursday we are hopping over to EP to meet up with another family (but have dinner at Biergarten). So we might want something else by Friday.

Hi. I've done a few of those things for my adult nights over the years....
Cali Grill and fireworks, we then entered MK for emh. (wonderful)
Jiko for dinner, tour around resort before eating then hopped into Studios for F!
Il Mulino at Swan (not my fav)
Epcot several times for dinner and Illuminations while our kids were at BC daycare.

I like the suggestion of Tiffins and maybe ride FoP.... that would be a fun night out for me!

Thanks everyone. Didn't really know about California Grill and watching fireworks. No ADRs available now but I'll keep checking. We assumed we would just do F&W since we are so close, but we have EP as our Wednesday, and Thursday we are hopping over to EP to meet up with another family (but have dinner at Biergarten). So we might want something else by Friday.
I have been able to score Cali Grill every time by using Touring Plan's reservation finder. I especially recommend Cali Grill for viewing the party specific fireworks - I just went last week for the MNSHP fireworks and it was such a great view of the 180 degree blasts that go off at the end of the show.

I would do Disney Springs. Have a nice dinner somewhere, stop for drinks at the different lounges, browse around the shopping, grab dessert later on. I think it would be relaxing with the most options for different things to do and see. Jiko sounds like a good option too, but I think you'd be able to fill more time at Disney Springs.

I would vote for Jiko or Il Mulino at the Swan.
MVMCP, I wouldn't do that without the kids since they are there.
California Grill is another good option. Keep checking and try the reservation finder at touring plans as mentioned above.

After having our first adult-only trip to Disney, if I had only one evening with just the hubby and I - I'd go to Boardwalk at Epcot. Flying Fish makes AMAZING adult beverages, there are many options for food depending on your taste, and you can see the tops of the fireworks from HS and Epcot from the Boardwalk. Not quite as magical as being in the parks but more of an added bonus at the end of the night.

Love hearing everyone's different ideas. So much to do! Disney is definitely for adults too!

Regarding Jiko, I'd have to say it was probably our top one or two meals we've ever had at Disney, definitely the most quiet and adult (even more so than Cali Grill). With Lyft on property it is super easy to go between resorts if you want to have dinner at AKL and dessert/cocktails at another resort later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter