• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WWYD? Disneyland Resorts?

Thanks everyone for the help!

I didn't give full specifics but..

it is me, my mom, my husband, and my high functioning autistic 29 year old brother. They would like their own sleeping space if possible Does the GCH have a pull out couch like PP?

I am booking with a TA discount and the second part of the week I am running Tinkerbell so there is very limited availability on site so we have to do off site the second portion.

Thanks everyone for the help!

I didn't give full specifics but..

it is me, my mom, my husband, and my high functioning autistic 29 year old brother. They would like their own sleeping space if possible Does the GCH have a pull out couch like PP?

I am booking with a TA discount and the second part of the week I am running Tinkerbell so there is very limited availability on site so we have to do off site the second portion.

Given those parameters, I would absolutely go with PPH. My son is autistic and PPH is his favourite out of the three onsite hotels. It has bigger rooms and a more laid back feeling. Another plus for us was the outside area to watch the fireworks, DS is not a big fan of fireworks or crowds so it was great to have somewhere a bit more relaxed where he could sit and chill out before the fireworks.

I vote PPH! I love the grand but I love more onsite nights even more haha. Plus..the rooms are a little bigger so more space and it will be nice to have club level access! And as everyone already mentioned... make the onsite stay the last leg of the trip! Have fun :)

While I normally would vote to make it the last part of your stay, you added that you are running. That said, I would make it to your running day you are on property the night before.

And 39 rooms at the Grand have similar day beds. I would go for PPH, larger rooms are a major advantage here.

Changing my vote as well ... the rooms at the GCH could be cramped for 4 adults. I just assumed you were talking about 2 adults and two kids. Plus you will get more value from Club level with 4 adults.

It sounds as if with the 'redo' of the Grand's rooms that the option for a 3rd bed (bunk, pullout) is being greatly reduced. If you do opt for the Grand, be sure that you SPECIFY that two of the adults do not want to share a bed and see if it can even be accommodated in the first place. And remember that room configurations cannot be guaranteed so you may very well end up with two queens and no option to change rooms.

I'm not sure of the situation at the DLH or PP re third beds.

Knowing that, I think you will be majorly unhappy at the GCH. The whole reason I really dislike the GCH is that the rooms are too small for my family of 2 adults and two opposite sex kids. 4 adults club level at PPH would be ideal. Ask for a cabana (or maybe it is called patio) room. That gets you third floor with a patio with loungers that opens onto the pool area. It makes the space feel considerably larger.

Thank you everyone for the help! I actually did change to Paradise Pier. The money saving really swayed me! Good to know the rooms are bigger too for four adults. This is a budget trip since we just bought a house so we are sharing with my mom and brother :) I did upgrade to the theme park view so hopefully that will help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter