• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WWYD Accomodations Question

dismom57

Mouseketeer
Need roll-in shower option end of January, quick trip just DS20 and myself. Never stayed anywhere but Cabins, but looking for less expensive, quiet options, lots of people watching and transportation activities. Will be quiet touring days, as I cannot do transfers alone.

I think you will be fine any where if you want something cheep you can do any of the all star or pop ask for a room on the upper floor as they tend to be quieter and not near the pools I go there a lot and even on the ground floor it is a little loud when the parks let out so like an hour after but nothing to bad just some chatting as people walk by but I think you will find that any where

If being close to the main buildings is not a requirement, then also ask for a building that is farther away. This helps for quiet as well.

Need roll-in shower option end of January, quick trip just DS20 and myself. Never stayed anywhere but Cabins, but looking for less expensive, quiet options, lots of people watching and transportation activities. Will be quiet touring days, as I cannot do transfers alone.
Accessible with roll in shower is a booking category, so when you decide on your resort, make sure you book an accessible room. We have an accessible room booked for All Star Music. We need the accessible bathroom with tub but they had both types available.

If your budget will tolerate a Moderate, I highly recommend Port Orleans French Quarter. :)

Just absolutely charming, the smallest of the WDW Resorts (someone correct me if I'm wrong!) and you have the standard bus service - but also the boats to/from Disney Springs & Port Orleans Riverside. There is also a lovely path between POFQ & POR - and it gives you a second set of dining options, another Resort shop and more options for people watching, etc.

Doors open out to the sidewalks/balconies, and you get a wee bit more room for mobility devices over a Value Resort. You can always ask to have the table and 2 chairs removed from the room if needed, but we typically just "smoosh" them over out of the way. The only down side is that the roll-in shower rooms get a rather small armoire; no closet.

This graphic is fascinating to me - it gives you an idea (remember that not all resorts have exactly the same size rooms, so it is a general idea) of the sizes of an AVERAGE room in each category:

resortcomp1.jpg

Or, you can be like the Hubs, and compare the prices by "square footage" - he loves to get the biggest room for the best price per square foot LOL.

Have a lovely trip!

Thank you all, I have booked POFQ. I have always wanted to try it. Cabins in 9 days

:thanks::sunny:

You will LOVE POFQ!!!!!

Riverside & POFQ have the best handicapped bathrooms On Disney property! Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter