• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

WW-Does anyone count points while at Disney?

Harvest02

DIS Veteran
OK....I am getting a little nervous about our Disney trip coming up in 22 days. I just reached lifetime about a month ago. I know all the food at Disney can be tempting and I know if I eat lots of salads and enjoy everything in moderation I will probably be fine with not gaining weight while I am there. What do my fellow DIS'ers do on vacation? Do you count points and write everything down while you are gone? I realize that walking is good exercise and you do PLENTY of that while there, but how do you prevent any weight gain while on vacation? Any suggestions??:confused3

I did not count points on my recent trip. BUT I also did not eat nearly as much as I had previously. I split one CS with DH, did not finish more than 1/3-1/2 of two TS's. At the Biergarten buffet, I only had one plate of food and made better choices. The key is drinking the water-I did not drink enough and retained A LOT of water. Once I got home and properly rehydrated, I was the same weight as before my trip.

So my suggestions would be:
Drink your water
Choose fresh type foods (salads, chicken, fish) that arent fried
Don't feel compelled to finish everything
Order an appetizer and salad and skip the entree
Drink your water
Drink your water
Did I mention to drink your water:lmao:
ENJOY YOURSELF!!!

Have a great trip!!

We're heading down for 15 nights in November/December, will be on the DDP and I have no intention of counting points. What I do plan to do is:

1. Get up early before DH and DS (like always) and either do the elliptical in the resort gym or take a walk (part of the trip is VWL and I can't wait to take the path from VWL to Ft Wilderness!). I will keep track of every single AP in my journal.

2. Eat a small snack in the morning in the room before I exercise (fruit or yogurt)

3. Drink no more than one soda a day - otherwise water, water, water!

4. Get every single one of my Healthy Checks in: 5+ fruits and veggies, tons of water, 2 dairy, activity, healthy oils, multivitamin every day. I can't eat THAT much, so making sure I fill up on fruits and veggies will mean I eat less of the other stuff. I will also track each of these in my journal.

5. Eat until I am full and not overfull. Eat more of what is healthy and good, and taste more of what is not as great (ie: have more of the shrimp cocktail at Le Cellier and less of the NY Strip, choose bacon or ham over sausage and share half with DS, fruit platter, fruit platter, fruit platter!).

6. Do not deprive myself of anything I want, but only really eat it if it tastes good and is worth it.

I have dieted twice at WDW and I felt deprived - I was low carbing so it wasn't a choice of portion control, it was what foods CAN I have? I have found that when I don't deprive myself, I don't actually want or have the things I felt deprived that I couldn't have.

Example: walking through the Confectionary during the holidays and seeing lots of that pretty and festive eggnog fudge. If I can't have it, I want to at least try it and feel grumpy I can't. If I can, I usually opt not to get one anyway but I don't feel deprived. Or I try it and enjoy a tiny taste before I realize how rich it is and I leave it. But again - I don't feel deprived. Or the cookies at MVMCP - so not worth the calories, but part of the experience. If I can't have "the experience" I feel deprived. If I CAN, I choose not to.

My goal? To keep up all the good things I am doing for myself and also have a fantastic time on my trip. Overall? To maintain my weight. If I want to lose and then maintain my weight, I have to make it liveable. And right now, it is VERY liveable. And making allowances for vacation but planning ahead of time is what makes me feel like it is a win overall.

(But truth be told, on our last trip I ate DDP for 15 nights with abandon (just check out my Dining Report - truly, I ate ANYTHING I wanted! :rotfl: ), but all the walking and water I drank, I actually lost weight without trying...! So I am confident I can maintain my weight this time with all the trying ;) )

Good luck in whatever you choose to do!

Don't forget APs!

60 minutes leisure walking = 2 points
That could be a lot of points if you are a WDW commando!

Skipping up and down Main Street has to be good for a point.

check out the Eating Healthy sub-forum -- there is a WW at the world thread with some links to past thread with tips. i only WISH there was points calculated somewhere to be found but no such luck yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter