Writing a Letter

Were you specific in your request for compensation? If you didn't make a specific request, then Disney will do what they think is best.

We also had a problem with our hotel room on one of our trips. I don't complain much, but this was pretty awful for a deluxe resort. I requested a refund of the difference between what we paid for the deluxe room and what we would have paid at a moderate. We received three nights at the deluxe resort. We were a little skeptical because our first experience was so awful, but since the total cost would be equal to what we requested, we took it.

My point is that you must tell them what you want and negotiate from there. I worked in an office that dealt with customer problems, and it was much easier to resolve problems with those who made their expectations clear. They nearly always got their (reasonable) requests honored.

Originally posted by eeyore74
We had a similar problem with our honeymoon, too. I just finished writing a letter. We thought we had a honeymoon package, but it was just the regular one and we couldn't get anything fixed or changed.
You "thought" you had a honeymoon package? When your paperwork arrived, what did it say? Hmm. Why wouldn't they let you change/fix it? It meant more money in Disney's pocket and you would get what you wanted.

What really upset us is, on the cruise, we were seated at dinner with another honeymoon couple who had the package we wanted and they loved their extras. They had so many choices and stuff, too, that we weren't given. Gee... made us feel like garbage.

Our HM was great, otherwise. I'll just never book a package OR book through Disney reservations ever again.
Gosh, I never was on a cruise and made to feel like "garbage." Sounds like a really lousy cruise.

I explained what we had booked and when we got our ressies that there was no mention of "honeymoon" anywhere and that when I called to check that out, was told we didn't have the hm package and that we'd have to pay more because it was our mistake. And how pissed I was at that. We refused that because it was already expensive and it should have been the darn package we wanted in the first place.

Wait a minute, you said they wouldn't let you change it. But they did offer to let you change it for an additional fee. You chose not to pay the additional monies. So why should you get everything the other honeymoon couple paid for? Whose fault is that? Buzzzzzzzz. Why are you "pissed" at Disney? You got what you paid for. Why are you writing letters complaining? You got what you paid for. YOU chose not to pay the additional monies. Why do you think you should have gotten these things? Because it was your Honeymoon? You know the saying, "Pay up or ...."

I wrote to complain about the reservation agent. She was rude - I know what I had asked for the first time I called. IMO, she could have asked and made sure she was booking the right package since we were talking about my honeymoon and I kept saying the name of the darn package. I didn't ask for anything in my letter. I don't expect anything other than a reply. But Disney really needs to work on their customer service. The person was extremely rude when I had called back.

Well... I'm pretty much chalking it all up to misinformation on both sides. And since I'm past the post wedding emotional phase, it doesn't bother me. We had a great honeymoon and I've got a great guy. :)

I did add in my letter the nice and friendly CMs we came across, especially on the cruise. So I hope that did some good for them.

And DH is Disneyfied now. :p

eeyore- I am glad to hear that you made a good time out of it dispite what happened. We did the same. My DH is just wanting it all to go away now, so I don't even tell him what is going on between me and Disney. He works in insurance all day and deals with complaints so he likes to come home and only hear that good things happened :)
As for our Reservations, on our confirmation it did say the Disney Honeymoon Grand Plan, but when we got there, they said that all we were on was the Grand Plan. Unfortuantely I didn't have my confirmation with me, just the number.
I was very specific to Disney as to what I wanted. (Basically the items we were promised in the first place). I told her I wanted the watches, the cerciel, our Photographs that were taken during the photography session because the photography people were not giving them to us claiming that we haven't "paid" when we paid $350 above and beyond what we were supposed to. I am not looking for a free stay at disney just the things they promised us. I'm not saying a free stay wouldn't be nice, but it is not a requirement for me. I will continue to go to Disney, but I will never again book a Disney Package and I said as much to the Lady that I talked to.

Originally posted by irishone1979
<snip>
Our package cost us almost $10,000!!! <snip>

You paid too much.

Hopefully as you get older, you'll get wiser with your money.

Originally posted by irishone1979
eeyore- I am glad to hear that you made a good time out of it dispite what happened. We did the same. My DH is just wanting it all to go away now, so I don't even tell him what is going on between me and Disney. He works in insurance all day and deals with complaints so he likes to come home and only hear that good things happened :)
As for our Reservations, on our confirmation it did say the Disney Honeymoon Grand Plan, but when we got there, they said that all we were on was the Grand Plan. Unfortuantely I didn't have my confirmation with me, just the number.
I was very specific to Disney as to what I wanted. (Basically the items we were promised in the first place). I told her I wanted the watches, the cerciel, our Photographs that were taken during the photography session because the photography people were not giving them to us claiming that we haven't "paid" when we paid $350 above and beyond what we were supposed to. I am not looking for a free stay at disney just the things they promised us. I'm not saying a free stay wouldn't be nice, but it is not a requirement for me. I will continue to go to Disney, but I will never again book a Disney Package and I said as much to the Lady that I talked to.

In one of your post you said you booked your trip in Jan., was the Jan. 2001 or 2002?

If you booked in 2002, the watches were not part of the package for that year.

It was January 2002- and both of the CM's that I talked to (one in January and one in March) Said that I get the watches and all.

As for me paying too much, maybe I did, butmy DH wanted to get the best since this is the only vacation either of us have had in some time. He had the money at the time and wanted to spend it on the trip. A few months before that we bought a house and he stayed there while I was still living with my parents and he wanted our Honeymoon to be special.

Now, the comment about when I grow up I will be wiser with my money is just silly. My DH paid for it and he is 34 years old! He is very careful with his money, but he splurged on the Honeymoon because this is his first and Only marriage. He wanted our honeymoon to be great and he wanted to pay the money, it was his money and his idea, so I had nothing to do with any of that....

Maybe it's just me.

I don't think that have a GREAT time has to have a GREAT BIG price tag.

It doesn't, but my DH wanted us to try all the fancy and nice resturaunts because the next time we go to Disney we will be with my DD (who is 4) and won't have a chance to do that. He thought that the Honeymoon Grand Plan would be the way to go because then all food is included and you get the "extras"
I just went along with it because I have been to Disney every summer since I was a kid and have never really eaten at a sit down meal at Disney.

We had a great time at the parks and even made two new friends who we email everyday. So in all it was a good trip, but I wish that everything went as perfect as our days in the parks. :)

Irishone1979~

Hi there, reading your posts I just want to say...however and whatever you want to spend on your wedding is your choice! Good for you that you spent lots of hard earned money on this special day! You deserve it! And what place to make it extra special but Disney. I am so sorry things did not turn out the way they should have.

I wish things turned out better for you. What's better is you have a brand new life with your husband to look forward to. Best wishes! Enjoy one another!

I did once write about the lack of PAL videos for the millennium celebration. I just politely stated my point of view and a few weeks later I received an e-mail from a lady in Merchanise (one of the more senior people I believe) who explained why the decision had been taken not to produce a PAL video, and that she was sorry about it. I had a couple of things that needed sorted at the time also and she took care of it. She did say she talked with senior management about it, and her explanation satisfied me. Funnily enough, shortly afterwards we replaced our video recorder and the new one could play NTSC format also. The lady very kindly sent me a video completely free! Of course, I thanked her.

I think it would definitely pay to write, and I think the original poster (?Heather) is quite justified in this. I would write politely to express my disappointment - I'm sure they will take it very seriously.

John :bounce:

Agree -- how much and what you decided to spend for your Disney honeymoon is no one's business. No one should be critical and you have no need to explain your reasons.
I hope you finally get some satisfaction. I would think it would be A LOT of Disney dollars you are getting!
Good luck and keep us posted.

Thank you Luv2roam, #1mmfan and Trish for those kind words.
Actually I just got a call from Disney yesterday. The lady is the same one I talked to three weeks ago. She appologized for not calling sooner, but she had been working very hard to get me everything we were promised. She said she is just waiting on the wherhouse guy to tell her that they have everything and she will send it out. We are also getting Disney Dollars and she got the whole Photography issue cleared up and we should be getting the Album no later than 2 weeks. :) She was really nice and sweet about the whole thing. She said she noticed that we were coming back next November (which we are for my DD birthday) and she said that if we have any problems at all to call her while we are still on property. How great is that?? I am going to write a wonderful letter to her boss telling them how great she is and how they should commend her for really going that extra mile and showing the Disney Spirit!!!

What good news for you irishone!!!! I'm glad to hear all is working out in your favor!!:) And what a nice thought to write a letter regarding the lady who helped you.
I hope all your future trips to WDW with your family are most magical......no matter how much you spend!! hehehe;) :) :) ;)

I am so glad that you finally got the right outcome. Writing letters good or bad is a wonderful thing. I am not sure if you guys know this but if a CM gets so many good letters then they get a special pin. I believe it's a Black Tigger pin. It's a big deal.
I wish I got any reply from the letter I sent to Six Flags. They treated my family (and many other handicapped people) like poo on a shoe and have never responded to my letters.

Later Taters

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter