WP or SBP ceremony? GF or CG reception?

DISNEY*lover

DIS Veteran
Since I'm to lazy to look through all the PJ and TR for pics would you be so kind to post pics if you had your wedding in any of those locations?

I keep going back and fourth between the WP and SBP. I can't make up my darn mind! It's driving me crazy. :eek:

And as far as our reception we deffinately want a brunch reception but we're having issues. I'm inviting 40-45 people and hoping for 30 people. CG has a 50 max guest count in the Napa room and 30 for the Sonoma room. Trouble is I want a DJ and dance floor. So it could be a bit tight. So my second choice would be GF in case all 45 people come and there would be room for a DJ and dance floor.

Can anyone help a girl out? Pictures if you had you event in any of the above locations? Did you like or regret the location?

I bow down to anyone who helps me out... literally. :worship:

Well I can't really help with the reception location because I haven't been to either of those places. We had our reception in the Attic (which is beautiful and is a max of 50 people).

But I can help with the ceremony, I went with SBP because I wanted an outdoor ceremony. I loved it there, it is such a pretty location you don't need much decor and it had a lovely view of the boardwalk.

21264.jpg

21185.jpg

21288.jpg

kiss.jpg

Funny that you responded. I was in the middle of reading your TR! :lmao:

The Attic doesn't allow a DJ and dance floor though, right?

We danced but we didn't have a DJ. They don't have room for one up there. We used an ipod set up.

You can do that?.. an iPod set up? Did they add a fee for that?

Yeah it worked great. We paid for speakers and an AV tech to run it (I have heard that you don't have to pay for the tech if you just get a guest to run it, but I didn't know that). I made up a playlist for the pre-reception/dinner portion and another one for after dinner that started with our 1st dance, father-daughter dance, and mother-son dance.

Here is the cost breakdown...
Tech: $240
Mixer: $45
CD player: $70
Speaker: $80
Total: $474

we choose SBP as emily did because we wanted to be outside.

Emily can i ask you how much the hanging flowers in your pic were? we had thought about doing the pedistals but they are so not us ..lol but i love the look of the hanging ones.

I had exactly the same dilemma as you!! We ended up choosing the WP (well my DF had the most say in this situation) Mainly because I did not want the elements to ruin our well planned day(i.e rain)

As for our luncheon reception, we chose the CG (have heard good reviews so feeling positive) I think that the food cost is much more reasonable, and the options i.e music and dance wise are the same as the GF ballrooms. I think you should have a chat with the guests that you are inviting and see which ones are VERY likely to come as this may dictate you're decision. HTH :thumbsup2

We were married at SBP and loved it!!!!! It's such a beautiful location. Don't reget having the wedding there one bit.

LT02795-7-08.jpg

LT02835-7-08.jpg

we choose SBP as emily did because we wanted to be outside.

Emily can i ask you how much the hanging flowers in your pic were? we had thought about doing the pedistals but they are so not us ..lol but i love the look of the hanging ones.

Pixiemama: I am not ignoring your question! I have to find my floral budget, I think it might be on my work computer. I will have a look tomorrow!

I loved SBP because of the outside pics too! The lighting and views are great! My brother took these pics... I love the backgrounds in them. :)

DSC01181.jpg

DSC01221.jpg

Just a heads up. I picked CG for my reception and am very upset to be told that I can't have a tasting! Just a word to the wise.

:sad1:

Just a heads up. I picked CG for my reception and am very upset to be told that I can't have a tasting! Just a word to the wise.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?! Your kidding right?? We are having ours at CG as well but we are not doing a planning session until next May but I wanted to do a tasting!!!

We are having our reception at the California Grill as well and we did not find out we would not have a tasting until the DAY of our Planning Session. I was devastated. Lucky for us we were able to get reservations at the California Grill the next day. Even luckier for us the chef was kind enough to prepare our main courses in the manor it would be for the reception. Needless to say it was phenomenally delicious. The only thing we did not get to taste from our menu was the Lobster Risotto but I've heard its excellent.

We are having our reception at the California Grill as well and we did not find out we would not have a tasting until the DAY of our Planning Session. I was devastated. Lucky for us we were able to get reservations at the California Grill the next day. Even luckier for us the chef was kind enough to prepare our main courses in the manor it would be for the reception. Needless to say it was phenomenally delicious. The only thing we did not get to taste from our menu was the Lobster Risotto but I've heard its excellent.

How were you able to do that? Did you call CG and request for the chef to do that?

You can do that?.. an iPod set up? Did they add a fee for that?

Hello there! We are having our wedding at SBP and reception in the Attic. We are using the ipod set up (thanks for ecoon's PJ where I found that option...thanks!!!) I had my planning session about a month ago and it is $250 total for the ipod and speakers if you don't have the tech and have a guest run it.

WHAT?!?! :eek: You're kidding right? Food is a very important factor to me. DF and I are looking forward to this taste testing thing. DF is not gonna be happy. :mad:

WHAT?!?! :eek: You're kidding right? Food is a very important factor to me. DF and I are looking forward to this taste testing thing. DF is not gonna be happy. :mad:

I am definitely NOT kidding.

DF and I picked WDW FTW and CG specifically because we had seen a Disney Travel special on tv about FTW. CG because we had eaten there once before and seen wishes from the balcony there. We fell in love with it and have been counting on having a reception there for a year prior to actually getting engaged.

The WP thought the WC should have told me. I guess it was just a micommunication, but a very disapointing for me: when DFTW requires you to spend 10K on your wedding, you count on tasting the food, WITHOUT having to pay extra at CG to eat.
The WP said we could go to the restraunt on our own, look at the menu, and if by chance something is the same as the catering menu, we could order it - I'm surprised they did the dishes like the wedding for another bride, since I was told it might upset the chef to ask.

CG is wonderful, and the food there is ALL ALL ALL fantastic. I am still using CG because I don't want to harbor bad feelings or be upset with DFTW - not good Karma; I know it's a great restraunt; we're doing lunch, not dinner - and only one of the lunch menus is plated, no sandwhich, no buffet...so not a ton of option there anyway. Although my planner did tell me CG is famous for the cheese ravioli (Santa Clara plated lunch appetizer), and also that we could mix and match from the CG menus and she would see if the chef was okay with it. Very nice of her! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter