• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wow. The new poly studios are gorgeous

I'm staying at Poly villas for one night Oct 23rd. If I want to increase my chances at getting the refurb room, should I just be safe and request Pago Pago? We were really wanting to stay in Tokelau.

I'm staying at Poly villas for one night Oct 23rd. If I want to increase my chances at getting the refurb room, should I just be safe and request Pago Pago? We were really wanting to stay in Tokelau.

yes. Pago Pago is renovated. They are just now working on half of Tokelau.

Anyone happen to know which half of Tokelau? :D
They are working on the side closest to the lake. The other side is fully opened and occupied by guests. If you go into the lobby by the elevators, one hallway is totally open and normal. The other is closed off by clear plastic.

They are working on the side closest to the lake. The other side is fully opened and occupied by guests. If you go into the lobby by the elevators, one hallway is totally open and normal. The other is closed off by clear plastic.
Anything new on Moorea?

Anything new on Moorea?
We were only at poly for one night after 2 cruises to attend the Boo Bash before driving home. I am sorry but we did not walk by Moorea, so I do not know if they are working there or not!

1. Keeping the Stitch theming of the room instead of changing to Moana (sorry Moana fans Stitch reigns supreme!)

This would make for an interesting thread. Stitch vs Moana, which is better for Poly?

IMO since Lilo & Stich takes place in Hawaii, they should be kicked out of Poly reunited and welcomed home to Aulani. Sure Hawaii is a part of the Polynesian islands, but Lilo being from Hawaii, Aulani being in Hawaii. It just makes sense.

Maybe you can make the argument for Lilo & Stitch in the Hawaii house, but they're in the DVC houses. Pago Pago, Mo'orea and Tokelau are all in the South Pacific. Moana starts off on Motu Nui, which is in the South Pacific where a majority of the Polynesian resorts are themed after and located.

Thus, my argument that for Poly Moana > Stitch.

This would make for an interesting thread. Stitch vs Moana, which is better for Poly?

IMO since Lilo & Stich takes place in Hawaii, they should be kicked out of Poly reunited and welcomed home to Aulani. Sure Hawaii is a part of the Polynesian islands, but Lilo being from Hawaii, Aulani being in Hawaii. It just makes sense.

Maybe you can make the argument for Lilo & Stitch in the Hawaii house, but they're in the DVC houses. Pago Pago, Mo'orea and Tokelau are all in the South Pacific. Moana starts off on Motu Nui, which is in the South Pacific where a majority of the Polynesian resorts are themed after and located.

Thus, my argument that for Poly Moana > Stitch.
Sure, but at the end of Moana when they set out to explore, they eventually landed on the Hawaiian islands. Moana is literally Lilo's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother.

Sure, but at the end of Moana when they set out to explore, they eventually landed on the Hawaiian islands. Moana is literally Lilo's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother.

Which is why there's a Hawaii building at the Poly and I'll let it stay.

Did they replace the thermostat? Arriving next weekend and wanted to check the bypass instructions so we don't wake up in the middle of the night to a sauna.

Did they replace the thermostat? Arriving next weekend and wanted to check the bypass instructions so we don't wake up in the middle of the night to a sauna.
I stayed in a refurbed Pago Pago room. The new murphy bed is a real improvement . . . But the thermostat does not appear to have been changed. Before night 2 I tried to find bypass instructions that would work, without luck. If someone has them, please pass along. Would be nice to sleep through a full night without having to get up and trip the motion sensor.

Not a fan. I loved the orange red colors and curtains. It felt more warm and cozy to me. I stayed in the new moana room on the regular hotel side and the color scheme did feel cold and this is the same. Too bad.

Love the rooms but wish they’d removed the carpets and replaced with the “wood” floors. Carpet in hotels grosses me out! 😂
Yeah, need the vinyl plank, but they do need heavy underlayment for both a softer feel and noise reduction.

Quite surprised to find availability for a studio at the end of the month today!

My understanding was Pago-Pago will likely be the only DVC building open then.

They’re moving pretty quickly. Moorea looks done. All of the plastic has been removed from the sliding doors. Tokelau is completely shut but they seem to be moving. I can see the new blue chairs inside which means the carpet and paint is likely done.

They’re moving pretty quickly. Moorea looks done. All of the plastic has been removed from the sliding doors. Tokelau is completely shut but they seem to be moving. I can see the new blue chairs inside which means the carpet and paint is likely done.
Thank you for the updates, 19 more days...:beach:

We just snagged two standard studios for the Saturday night of Thanksgiving weekend, should we decide to give up our plans of Universal Studio that weekend. I’m hoping Friday night opens so we don’t have to resort hop twice that weekend if we stay in Disney. The fam may not be as happy to share a single room after having Grand Villas for 4 nights (3 nights at AKV Jambo GV and 1 night BLT Theme Park View GV), but I for one am excited to check out the new studios.

(does anyone else feel a bit awful when you keep hoping someone cancels their rooms so you can snag them?? We were originally supposed to do the Disney Cruise with my SIL and family over Thanksgiving weekend, but we postponed that. Then we were going to take them to Universal - they’ve never been and SIL is a huge Potter fan - but with Universal’s lax Covid policies and the my niece & nephew being only 11 and thus can’t be vaccinated, we were thinking of just staying at Disney. So I’ve been on the hunt for rooms for Fri & Sat night of Thanksgiving weekend. Snagged BLT GV and 2 studios at Poly, but that’s a lot of resort hopping. I’m hoping either AKV Jambo GV opens Fri night or 2Poly standard studios on Friday night open up. Or ultimately any two nights in one place so we don’t need to hop twice!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter