Wow..some adults never cease to amaze me

ah,it happens everywhere.... I would say my most memorable rude people were the ones who came up to where we were standing after the parade had started,we were AT the rope edge, and they shoved in front of us,pushing the rope out into the street to do so, then pretended they didn't speak english at all,while they blocked our view,and I mean RIGHT in front of us,(real cozy)- they were so rude,and they were also *videotaping* the entire thing.Lucky for them,I kindly 'narrated' for them,DIRECTLY (4 inches in front of me) and loudly at all the amazing things going by- I'm sure they appreciated my (narrative).....:rotfl::rotfl2:;) What???:lmao: it made the experience more.... real! In reality I've been about a million times, and most people I've ever met were kind and friendly. I like to make space for kids, if we are up front,I like to make sure that others are enjoying things too. (but once in a while,I feel like narrating an experience is in order :rotfl:) I don't want to fight with anyone, but I might just get talkative in your video(I annoy myself,I know!)

Standing up when the parade started (or remaining standing) and blocking the view of everyone behind them was fine.

I don't know what you mean by "they were out in the street, having words with CMs." If they were causing a disturbance, not fine.

Woman asking them kindly to sit down? Fine, but if they refused kindly, the woman and kids were SOL.

The group of 4 starting to yell and use profane words? Not fine.

:thumbsup2 See we usually sit down when we are waiting for the Parade or Shows. However when people come and sit behind us, we let them know that once the parade/show starts we will stand. Also if they have little kids, we will often let them stand in front of us so they can see too.

Parades are SO not worth having to put up with the behavior of everyone else waiting to see them.

I remember a person posted on here once that they were literally told to get up and leave because they thought she was alone (her parents were beside her) and this woman wanted her children to have the spot the poster was sitting in. So it's sometimes the families who are rude. No reason to expect better behavior from families.

We always pick our spots for parades early and sit. However we rarely stay seated for a few reasons.
One - everyone around us always stands & it hampers our view if we stay seated.
Two - one time I did stay seated Piglet came towards me (I was behind the rope) & I'm assuming didn't see me, stepped on my foot & I had to put up my hand to keep him from walking on the rest of me. It was really weird to have my hand push in his tummy, Lol. We did laugh the rest of the trip about how Piglet tried to walk on me.
Three - during MNSSHP parade the pirate ship fires from it's cannons & debris flew in my eyes while sitting, took forever to clear out my eyes.
So I'd rather stand. I do not usually allow children in front of me (don't stone me for it) because I'm very short and most children (unless early elementary age or younger) are my height or taller and because I don't want to be feel responsible for another person's child.
I don't think any of that would make me a bad person or a bad Disney guest.

The more crowded the parks are, the more rowdy it gets. It's an anxiety thing I think.

If we ever go during the holidays (which we have) we know enough to avoid the more crowded areas and skip the parades/fireworks/shows unless we show up when it already started and find a decent, less crowded spot (usually far from show or an awkward angle or spot to watch from.

After reading all the stories I can't help but think on this trip I'm going to do a kindness "pay it forward". We can't stop the rudeness but we can make it better 1 person at a time. Let the child who can't see in front of you. Help someone who is having a hard time understanding the new system. Be nice to the CMs because their job is to make sure we all have a great time and if they are met with rudeness and disrespect it will make their love for their job a little diminished. Because they get paid so little you know they are there because they love disney as much as we do. It is my dream to one day retire and work there but not as a punching bag. We can't do anything about the crowds or the fp situation but we can help keep the magic alive.
That is my goal, too.

We were there in September, watching Wishes. There was a father with a little boy. The father could see, but the little boy was behind all of the "big people." And couldn't see. I invited the boy to stand in front of me. I was sitting on a scooter but the boy was short enough to not block my view. Heck we were all looking UP. I had the boy hold onto the scooter and stand where the father could see him. The little boy got to see the fireworks and I got the hear a five year old narrate Wishes. It was adorable.

My husband and I often "double up". I will stand directly behind him with my chin on his shoulder thereby allowing others to have a view. It isn't necessary to stand side by side. (This only works if you're the same height, or close to it)

:cool1:

I do this too! :thumbsup2

I find myself in complete agreement with a lot of what you say. :)

My friends and I admittedly have trashbag sailor mouth, but never at Disney. That's just common courtesy, you don't say those kinds of things in front of kids

Parades and castle shows are the only places I've really run into rude people, at the MVMCP I had a guy in front of me take his kids and put one on each shoulder so there was no way to see a thing.

Only other rude person I ran into was at 11pm on MNSSHP on halloween i had a parent yell at me that my witch costume was to scary.

I just ignore the rude people, there's far more nice people I run into and I figure their attitude in the end is gonna make them more unhappy than it is me.

I actually agree with this as well. I will sit on the curb for 1-2 hours for a parade waiting patiently for it to start. As I have had a spinal injury, sitting, especially on hard surfaces, can be very tough. Off and on prior to the parade, and when the parade starts, I will stand so i can take good pics. If someone who comes up at the last minute wants to push in front, too bad. However, I always look around me and motion for small kids to sit in front of me on the curb.

Now, I'm the opposite. I'll stand while waiting, but the moment the parade comes, i'll sit so I don't block the view of others. When the parade is in front of me, and I'm in the front row, my pictures turn out great. I know how frustrating it can be to be behind someone, thinking I've got a great view, but have them stand at the last minute and destroy any hope I have of seeing the parade.

Now, I'm the opposite. I'll stand while waiting, but the moment the parade comes, i'll sit so I don't block the view of others. When the parade is in front of me, and I'm in the front row, my pictures turn out great. I know how frustrating it can be to be behind someone, thinking I've got a great view, but have them stand at the last minute and destroy any hope I have of seeing the parade.

You really need to expect that anyone waiting on the ground might stand up when the parade starts. Many prefer to watch from a standing position, but cannot stand the entire time they are waiting. That's what I do, but I do warn those coming up behind me that I intend to stand when it starts.

ah,it happens everywhere.... I would say my most memorable rude people were the ones who came up to where we were standing after the parade had started,we were AT the rope edge, and they shoved in front of us,pushing the rope out into the street to do so, then pretended they didn't speak english at all,while they blocked our view,and I mean RIGHT in front of us,(real cozy)- they were so rude,and they were also *videotaping* the entire thing.Lucky for them,I kindly 'narrated' for them,DIRECTLY (4 inches in front of me) and loudly at all the amazing things going by- I'm sure they appreciated my (narrative).....:rotfl::rotfl2:;) What???:lmao: it made the experience more.... real! In reality I've been about a million times, and most people I've ever met were kind and friendly. I like to make space for kids, if we are up front,I like to make sure that others are enjoying things too. (but once in a while,I feel like narrating an experience is in order :rotfl:) I don't want to fight with anyone, but I might just get talkative in your video(I annoy myself,I know!)

OMG....you should have chosen this time to discuss your "Medical Condition" in a loud voice.

Oh man our last trip I was waiting with my little one in HS while everyone else rode some rides and all of a sudden this man starts SCREAMING and I mean SCREAMING at his family. I mean everybody just literally stopped and looked at him it was the craziest thing. The mans wife was trying to calm him down but he was getting louder then a bystander tried to go up to him and calm him down until a CM showed up. Not sure what the outcome was :/ some people just snap even in the disney bubble. It was over 100 that day it was crowded I mean he definitely hit his breaking point.

Oh and while we were in EPCOT this same trip I had a rider swap for test track and I noticed that I could take three people in my "family" lol so I went and found a man with his wife and daughter and asked them if they would like to ride with me :)

Sometimes people argue, yell, act rudely, berate others and act that way not because they choose to. Personality disorder and anxiety disorder are sometimes the reason. Maybe Disney should pipe in calming medicine much like the snowflakes in MK.

Failing that, if you could please video the boorish behavior and upload to YouRube, then post a link for us here, we'd all get a big kick out of it, I'm sure!

If you insist (but I used the cousin...YouTube ;))...see the link below

Some adults never cease to amaze me, either. Like the ones who will go on a forum and trash talk total strangers, say that society has gone to pieces, bring up other people's parenting, and recommend throwing people out of Disney World...often based on somebody else's second-hand observations.

The only issues I've ever had in the parks are when people adopt a holier-than-thou attitude and insert themselves into my day. Some people seem to really enjoy judging others. Like, REALLY enjoy it.

I guess I'll let you be the judge on who is doing the "inserting"....

Here is the setting...Contemporary Resort main pool. I'm not hidden.

Really. I'm not.

I'm using my phone to video tape my daughter in the hula-hoop competition...and then THIS happens....

VIDEO OF MY DAUGHTER IN A HULA COMP...NO...WAIT...VIDEO OF MAN'S BACK THAT COMPLETELY BLOCKS MY VIEW OF MY DAUGHTER

Nope. I don't know that person. I guess he just wanted that spot... nevermind that there were PLENTY of other places to stand with a good view.

I don't have a video of what happened a few hours later at MNSSHP. It was our first time to attend the party. We deliberately waited for the 2nd parade and camped out down in Frontierland an hour early. Here is a picture of the crowds at 30mins out. Already three of four deep for a 2nd parade down in Frontierland. Hard to see in this shot though.

Anyway, as the Headless Horseman starts down the street, a man with his granddaughter on his shoulders (who had been walking through the crowd) stopped RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME...much like the video above, except with a kid on his shoulders. I wasn't in the front row. I was three back. Not sure why he picked us. Oh. Did I forget to mention that he blocked the view of my 9 and 10 year old daughters as well? Lovely.

But a kind lady witnessed the entire thing and invited my daughters to stand up with her daughter on one of the tall platforms surrounding the trees in that area, so my girls could at least watch the remainder of the parade...although we all missed the Headless Horseman.

Bad behavior :furious:...followed by good pixiedust:.

:thumbsup2 See we usually sit down when we are waiting for the Parade or Shows. However when people come and sit behind us, we let them know that once the parade/show starts we will stand. Also if they have little kids, we will often let them stand in front of us so they can see too.

May I respectfully ask why you don't stand while waiting, and then sit when the parade comes? This way the people behind don't have their view blocked. I of course am assuming you are at the curb, front row.

May I respectfully ask why you don't stand while waiting, and then sit when the parade comes? This way the people behind don't have their view blocked. I of course am assuming you are at the curb, front row.

I'm not the PP, but we do the same thing.

The parade is pretty short compared to the wait. People use time waiting for a parade to get some time off their feet and rest.

And the view is better standing to watch. I like to photograph the parades, but the view from the ground is just not flattering.

If everyone right behind me remains sitting, I do sometimes offer a mom and a small child a chance to sit in front of me, with the stipulation that they remain seated.

If you insist (but I used the cousin...YouTube ;))...see the link below I guess I'll let you be the judge on who is doing the "inserting".... Here is the setting...Contemporary Resort main pool. I'm not hidden. Really. I'm not. I'm using my phone to video tape my daughter in the hula-hoop competition...and then THIS happens.... VIDEO OF MY DAUGHTER IN A HULA COMP...NO...WAIT...VIDEO OF MAN'S BACK THAT COMPLETELY BLOCKS MY VIEW OF MY DAUGHTER Nope. I don't know that person. I guess he just wanted that spot... nevermind that there were PLENTY of other places to stand with a good view. I don't have a video of what happened a few hours later at MNSSHP. It was our first time to attend the party. We deliberately waited for the 2nd parade and camped out down in Frontierland an hour early. Here is a picture of the crowds at 30mins out. Already three of four deep for a 2nd parade down in Frontierland. Hard to see in this shot though. http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/randigirl50/media/IMG_2173_zps293b5fce.jpg.html Anyway, as the Headless Horseman starts down the street, a man with his granddaughter on his shoulders (who had been walking through the crowd) stopped RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME...much like the video above, except with a kid on his shoulders. I wasn't in the front row. I was three back. Not sure why he picked us. Oh. Did I forget to mention that he blocked the view of my 9 and 10 year old daughters as well? Lovely. But a kind lady witnessed the entire thing and invited my daughters to stand up with her daughter on one of the tall platforms surrounding the trees in that area, so my girls could at least watch the remainder of the parade...although we all missed the Headless Horseman. Bad behavior :furious:...followed by good pixiedust:.

Wow. With all that space, he could have moved somewhere else. Sorry he ruined a nice moment for you :( It's not even just a "part" of him in the video.... He's right there smack-dab in the middle of your shot.

I was taking a break in Frontier Land when the parade was about to begin, while DH took DS on Splash Mountain for the fifth time that day. There was a family waiting for the parade to start. A teenager, maybe 16 or so, and his dad start arguing. This eventually led into a shoving match...all while young children are walking by. They eventually stopped when a woman in the group got on to them...

The parade is pretty short compared to the wait. People use time waiting for a parade to get some time off their feet and rest.

::yes::

I don't know if this makes a difference, but we tend to watch parades near Frontierland. It's been my experience that almost everyone stands as soon as the parade starts, even when in the front row. I figure those people in the front got there early and waited it out, so they're entitled to stand if they want.

I always think it's a bit entitled to show up 10 minutes before a parade starts, while others have scoped out spots up to an hour beforehand and expect them to remain seated so you can see.

This just happened to us last night...waiting to see the castle lighting right in front of the castle so everyone is sitting so the kids can see...one family (mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle, and a 2-3 year old in a stroller right in the front row refused to sit down. I asked them nicely prior to the show starting if they planned to stand or sit and they said the ground was too cold to sit on....it was like 53 degrees out....but seriously you can't sit so the 2 dozen 5-10 year olds around you can see? Didn't know adults were so Elsa crazy! Everyone around them was yelling for them to sit down and they continued to stand through the whole thing...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter