WOW! Home, exhausted and very, very happy! Highs and lows - 14th-17th August!

RoseBug

<font color=royalblue>I'm a Geordie, we don't own
We arrived back home at 11:30pm last night, I am currently still in my pj's and I haven't even started to unpack!

I am actually dreading writing my highs and lows, and particularly my trip report - because I don't know where to start, the whole trip was magical from beginning to end!

Highs

EVERYTHING!

Hotel - After reading so many dreadful reports about the Newport Bay I was beginning to really panic about this hotel. However, I am wondering if I stayed in a different NPB hotel to others? It was wonderful! Even check in was fabulous! The CM who checked us in was amazing, gave Rosebug balloons, chocolate etc. and then handed her a letter addressed to her with a special invitation inside (more in my TR). Our room was fantastic, 8th floor, balcony and view over the lake and park - could see the castle! Okay it was a little rough round the edges in places, but it was spotlessly clean and the theming is fab! Breakfast was excellent too - very civilised!

Princess Makeover - such a magical experience, Rosebug loved every second, and we got some lovely photographs! Well worth the money!

Cast Members - just wonderful, all of them. We didn't meet a single bad CM. Rosebug spent half her time getting cuddles from CM, in shops, rides and around the park!

The Parks - so clean and looking beautiful! Nice to see it all decorated for the 20th anniversary after seeing so much boarding in Feb! toilets were a bit stinky, but clean, even at the end of the day (and I have serious OCD, so if they were even slightly bad, I would have been crying in a corner!)

Crowds - much better than we expected, Tuesday was very comfortable, although it filled up on Wed and Thurs, but with the priority card this wasn't too much of an issue for us.

Cowboy Cookout - WOW! Brilliant food and the most amazing character interaction. More in my TR!

Characters - Rosebug met about ten million of them! Again, the pass helped, but we just walked up to the Jungle meet twice and bumped into some magical characters around the park! The interaction on this trip made me cry, I spent 4 days bubbling!

Dreams and Fantillusion - need I say more. I cried during Dreams. Just spectacular!

City Hall - Rosebug had a very wonderful surprise at City Hall, and yet again the care we experienced here was magical.

Favourite rides - Seeing Rosebug discover her favourite rides and getting so much enjoyment from them - Pirates; Snow White; Pinocchio and Peter Pan!

Disability Priority Card - went to City Hall with Rosebug's letter from the consultant and was given a disability priority card, with permission for 2 parents to accompany her on rides and Dreams, and one of us for the parade. I felt that sometimes people gave us looks when using it because Rosebug looks fine (and she is, apart from this one problem) but she suffered badly on the 2nd two days with her bowels, so I stopped feeling guilty and realised that actually without it we would have been stuck. We were exceptionally grateful for this card, and it made our experience so much more stress-free and magical. We tried not to abuse it and wouldn't let Rosebug re-ride something if she had been on it very recently etc.

Tarzan - WOW! Brilliant! And again, more amazing interaction for Rosebug here too!

Lows

Erm..... nothing really!

Favourite rides - Seeing Rosebug discover her favourite rides and her WANTING TO RIDE THEM AGAIN AND AGAIN - Pirates; Snow White; Pinocchio and Peter Pan. if I ever have to ride them again I will cry! ;)

Seeing a horrid woman in the disabled area (she was with a pregnant guest) refusing to move for a man who appeared to be exceptionally poorly (wheelchair bed, tubes, oxygen etc.) so he could see Dreams, because she was there first! I was astounded! :sad1:

The heat - it was just too hot at times. Really very nasty, but because of the card we were very lucky to be able to have some time out when we needed to without fear of missing things!

Will start my TR tonight - although it may be a bit confused as I have no idea when we did rides etc. We had a wonderful time, we are so grateful to DLP for the magic they have created for us, we went expecting nothing and came away feeling like we had been given the world. I am quite a critical person, and if I feel the need to complain, I will but I try not to be unrealistic in my expectations, especially at places like Disney as let's face it, there are thousands of kids there, so why should I expect special treatment for mine? So when I get magic, I am extremely grateful for it and we certainly got it!

Glad to be home though, totally exhausted!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Welcome back and can't wait for the TR :goodvibes

An amazing trip looking at all that :dance3:

and if you thought it was hot then it's 35° atm in the shade right now (just checked thermometers) and rising :cool2: 38° in the shade is planned for tomorrow afternoon :beach:

I had tears in my eyes just reading your highs and lows!! :rotfl: sounds like you had an amazing, magical time and what memories your little girl will always have now! :goodvibes

It sounds like you had a great time :cool1:. It is lovely when you have trips like that to the magic! :goodvibes

awwwwwwww so glad u had the most magical of times!!!! and knew there wud b no prob with the card - so glad it worked out - and u totally deserved it...

cant wait to hear more (altho, not on here much, so will have to keep eye out for tr)

welcome back :hug:

Gosh, so amazing that you wrote so soon on just getting home! sounds like rosebug had a marvelous time. Thanks for the details! Have a good rest now and recover from your vacation!pixiedust:

I'm a bit behind, just catching up with this.

I'm so glad you had a great trip and everything worked out well for Rosebug :thumbsup2 Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the NPB - I've always been really impressed with the outside, but never booked due to poor reviews.

Thanks everyone! As you have seen from my TR - it was so magical, and not sure it could be beaten!

After our wonderful February trip we were desperate to go back, because we had so much still to do. However, we are in no hurry to go back this time, and it's because we had such a wonderful time. We did so much, saw so much and had such magical interaction.

I sat for a few hours last night looking at WDW - going to try to convince Uncle to come with us, rather than California in 2014. 5 nights onsite with meal plan, 2 weeks tickets (for the price of 1) and then 9 days in a villa for 6 people (so Uncle can join us) and it's only coming in at 2k. Obviously flights will add another 1k plus to this price, but it seems a very good price for 2 weeks! WDW has a lot to live up to for us though! :laughing::wizard:

However, I reserve the right to sneak in another DLP trip next year if I find a brilliant deal! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter