Wow-five years on the DIS and there's a whole 'world' undiscovered!

Poohnatic

<font color=deeppink>I haven't seen it and it soun
Hi, all!

I've been a member of the DIS for nearly 5 years and until I popped back over to my friend at DISabilities yesterday, I never even knew that there was a whole forum devoted to Camping at WDW! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I have two sons, cub scouts, and next weekend, we will be Camping at WDW! While I'm known to family and friends as the expert about Disney, this is something new to me. We've had many a meal at Trail's End, come over to the petting zoo and Trading Post and one time, many moons ago, I spent an evening at Hoop De Doo with my dad and sister. However, we'd never spent a night at FW.

My sons are very excited about the prospect of combining two favorite things, Disney and Camping. My DH finally convinced me that camping is a good thing (disastrous camping trip in '87 soured me on ever going again). We camped with the scouts in the fall, all of us enjoyed and here we are.

I just want to thank you for providing information-I'll be reading a lot over the next week. It's so cool that after nearly five years, there is something new (for me) on the DIS.

Suzanne

Campig at FW is like no other camping around. You can chill and have a laid back time, go ballistic and attack everything or be somewhere in between.

Enjoy your family and WDW-FW and be prepared for many happy returns to The Fort.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the raves. I live an hour away and we'll be tent camping. I like the idea of having all those amenities at the Fort-especially looking forward to the pool.

We love the boat rides from MK to FW and WL. Friday check in is anytime after 1 pm, and the day is free of scouting obligations. I'm thinking of having dinner at Trails End and spending the day exploring the campsite.

Our lesson from our last camping trip is that we don't have enough room in the one car-so we'll be taking two to get all our gear there. Having electricity is good-I'll be able to use our refrigerated cooler. Our last trip was truly wilderness camping-only porta potties were provided.

Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter